Author Topic: Lakers Trade...  (Read 6320 times)

Re: Lakers Trade...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 10:36:35 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Just asking, but JDUB are you a lakers fan ?  I wouldnt even trade BBD straight up for Steven Hunter, maybe Pruitt and Scal, but not all three.

Not a Lakers fan, but there aren't enough trade possibilities for our team right now. Plus originally I had LA trading Chris Mihm to Boston, but I couldn't get the salaries to match up.

And stephen Jackson is GS's best player and can hit that 3 consistently with help behind him(Baron Davis). I have an idea for a trade that could bring him to Boston, but I've yet to put it together officially. He'd be an awesome backup SF, and an easy Posey replacement.
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Lakers Trade...
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Who has been advocating that trade since Davis left Oakland.

It makes sense, as it would improve LAL massively and Odom would indeed be a good fit in Nellie's system. At some point, I was actually scared it could happen. However, I'm now convinced it won't:
Yeah it was one of my favourite rumours that I heard all summer. Pity it didn't get more publicity.

I agree that it won't happen. About 99% sure it has no hope of ever occurring.

Oh, good point on the payroll for LA. All those contracts (Walton, Rad, Sasha, Fisher) around the midlevel are going to hurt LA. It'll be interesting to see whether or not they are willing to sign Odom .. then the difference is there but relatively small (7mil) for the gains you'd receive. If they're not willing to pay Odom and go that far into the tax then it's all mute, it'd be a massive gain and one not worth taking (I think you'd want an All-NBA type if unwilling to pay that high a tax).

If the Warriors are out of the playoffs run by the trade deadline, Mullin should talk to Danny Ferry, for example, and propose Something in the molds of Wally, Boobie (or West), Hickson and a draft pick for Harrington and Jackson. Aprox. $14 million in cap space by the end of the year and a roster of Ellis, Gibson (West), Azubuike, Belinelli, Maggette, Randolph, Wright, Hickson, Hendrix, Turiaf, Biedrins plus draftees. They could then use the cap room to sign Odon as a FA or Jason Kidd. Heck, it's enough to sign them both. Kidd/Ellis/Maggette/Odom/Biedrins with good depth is a contender. Why wouldn't Cleveland do this?
That's a very interesting idea.

At the very least Mullin should be shopping Al Harrington to them for an expiring contract and hoping they bite. That would be fantastic for GSW. Cleveland might consider it as a fall back opportunity, if all better options fell through, after it would still keep them in good stead for 2010 and give them another expiring contract for the following season.

Al could be a good fourth big in their rotation, his offense would help balance Wallace/Varejao. Lose some of their rebounding prowess though, that would be a sizable blow. It's worth it if Jackson is included, even if they have to give up Hickson. Without Jackson (also without Hickson/West) I'd be hesitant, but would consider it, not a done deal.