Author Topic: Lebron - Title hunt III  (Read 7702 times)

Re: Lebron - Title hunt III
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 06:26:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He does have a house there.

this.
they would burn him alive if he left the Cavs(again, especially for the Celtics)

I do not think he would come here we are not good enough for him to bolt too.   I also think that you underestimate his caring for himself.   He has done it once, and could do it again.   I agree people would turn on him but he has took that heat once.   But your literally talking about a guy who thinks the world rotates around him.

Now if they trade Love for PGIII then I think he stays.

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 06:59:59 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 89
LeBron has enough money.  Why not join the Warriors as the 5th all star for the vet minimum?  If you can't beat, you join 'em. 

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2017, 09:44:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Who says PG13 wants to go to Cleveland though? Are they willing to risk losing him after a season? If they could dump TT+picks/fillers for him, then they can match up much better. The truth is the Cavs are set up for the now with little assets to offer and no cap space. There "now" is great. Unfortunately for them, another team is even better.
George has consistently said he wants to win.  He would be going to the best team in the East and will be that for the foreseeable future.  That team not only gives him the best chance to win, but also the biggest and longest contract.  Now maybe he leaves, but I just don't see that as all that likely unless he just doesn't get along with James (which again is unlikely since I can't recall a player disliking playing with James).

Pretty sure I remember PG was also critical of the Durant to GS move and said that he wants to beat Lebron, not join him.

I see no way of this happening. I think the PG to LA fairytale is more likely. In fact, I think it'd be more likely for them to team up somewhere in LA than in Cleveland, as The Ringer speculated today that Lebron might leave Cleveland in 2018 for LA.
being traded is a lot different than leaving in free agency.  If George is traded to Cleveland for Love, I think he would get over that whole beating Lebron thing fairly quickly and turn his attention to the Warriors. 

The Cavs need another wing defender.  Smith is just too old (and was only ok anyway) and Shumpert has also lost a step.  They need someone else that they can rely to play on both sides of the floor.  They also need some defenders on the bench (and less shooters though the shooting would be a bonus, you know a Bruce Bowen type player). 

I really think Cleveland will explore heavily moving Love for a wing defender.  You start looking around and the only one that really makes sense is George.  That would alter the narrative a great deal in Cleveland. 

I could also see the Cavs looking at moving Thompson and maybe trying for say Anthony from the Knicks.  That too would at least get the Cavs a very consistent 3rd option, and frankly as bad as Thompson has been everywhere, Anthony might actually be better than him everywhere (not just offensively).  Heck they could do both moves.  How strange would the Cavs be with Anthony, James, George, Irving, and Smith.  Even the Warriors would struggle defending that team and it has the offensive firepower to match up well with them. 

at the end of the day, Cleveland only cares about 1 team, and that team is currently up 3-0 in the Finals on it.  Cleveland will make moves that make it more likely for the Cavs to beat the Warriors and won't pay attention at all to any other team in the league. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2017, 09:52:19 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Knowing LeBUM's history I would not be surprised to see him leave after next year  - the 2018/2019 season when he can take the player option out.  He's on record that he wants to play a couple of years with his friends.  Now, assuming he does, by that time him and his friends will all be mostly over the hill and I don't think even they could win.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 03:36:37 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
So I guess Houston just became a player for Lebron in the next free agency.
GSW set the bar high, but not too high not to be caught within a year or 2 by the rest of the league. Russell days (11 in 13) are long gone.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 03:56:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
So I guess Houston just became a player for Lebron in the next free agency.
GSW set the bar high, but not too high not to be caught within a year or 2 by the rest of the league. Russell days (11 in 13) are long gone.
I'm not sure how well that team would function honestly. 3 guys who are all ball dominant playmakers, none of which are elite shooters from deep (except Paul, but he's an aging 6' guard).

Would be hard to fit them all together, especially defensively.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 06:32:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am sure he will run somewhere where he thinks they can compete.  We taught him a lesson with our big three PP, KG and Allen that he will never forget.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:54:31 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I bumped this old thread since it became relevant. Even though, nobody thought so at the time.
I changed my stance since then on LeBron comming here.
From the time I wrote it, I came to emotionaly connected with our new players.
Tatum, Brown, Horford, Theiss, Rozier, Kyrie all made me fall in love with them in some unique way, even Hayward, I want him to come back better then ever. But most of all I want them to make their own destiny, not LeBrons. He is a made man, our guys are not. I want them to become great by their own rules.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."