Poll

So NOW what is your Celtics Win Total Prediction?

Over 60
88 (32.7%)
59 - 53
105 (39%)
52 - 46
64 (23.8%)
45 - 39
8 (3%)
Less than 38
4 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 269

Author Topic: Celtics Win Total Predictions for 2007-08 Season  (Read 43284 times)

Re: Celtics Win Total Predictions for 2007-08 Season
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2008, 11:39:41 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
How is the Celtics going to stop BYNUM, GASOL and KOBE now?

Jordan Farmar is far better tha Rajan Rondo. Farmar had 17 pts 12 asst in tonights rookie challenge.

WIN Total does not matter, just make sure to show up in the NBA FINALS, we'll see u there!!!

Too funny to read but I'll address it.

You realize your citing someone's statistics in an exhibition game that was played with basically no defense?  I happen to think Farmar is a good prospect but to cite statistics from an EXHIBITION GAME to illustrate that he's better than Rondo is ridiculous. 

Second of all, you might want to worry about your own squad right now rather than addressing the Celtics.  Last I checked, Bynum is hurt and his timetable to return is up in the air.  Also, your star player had decided against surgery and is going to play the rest of the season with torn ligaments in his thumb.  On paper, when healthy, the Lakers have a heckua squad but right now in the real world, they're banged up playing in an ultra talented and competitive conference where things like health are going to play a HUGE factor in who makes it out of the West.

TP...took the words right out of my mouth.

« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2008, 10:05:11 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I cant believe this team only won sixty six games in the regular season.

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
C's will finish 65-17. That's right I said it..

Oh, c'mon now, the Celtics can do better than that. ;)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2008, 11:04:41 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
C's will finish 65-17. That's right I said it..

Oh, c'mon now, the Celtics can do better than that. ;)

Yeah, I know. I just didn't want to sound to crazy.  ;D
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2008, 11:10:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
For once, I can say....

I'm glad I was wrong!  ;D

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2008, 11:48:01 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Over on Celtic Green Forums and at the start of the season, I was on record for predicting a 55 game win season, with great hopes and green glasses doned, presupposed... But those great hopes, superceded in reality now, by the accomplishment of 66 wins is spectacular in my view, one of only ten teams to ever have done so! ;D
 Man oh man, what a great ride it was, and without even much of a rollercoaster ride as I had expected!!!

Bring on the competition, both as a team & fans we need the competition and the drama of these playoffs!  8)

Bring it, and bring it home GREEN!!!

-Go Celtics-  ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:54:38 PM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:36 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I started out in the preseason saying 59 wins.
Later revised that to 68, so that wasn't too bad  ;)
66 and 16 has a nice ring to it, I think.
And remember, the C's shattered the turnaround mark
by winning 42 more games than last year.
IMPRESSIVE!

Now, bring on those southern birds!

« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2008, 02:10:03 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
It's amazing...as the season concludes...in the east, 7 games separate the #1 (C's) and #2(Pistons) seeds, while in the west, 7 games separates the #1 and #8 seeds.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:24 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
66-16: sign of the apocalypse? 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2008, 03:25:50 AM »

Offline MetroGlobe

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Hollinger literally marked us as one of the greatest teams of all time, especially defensively.  If Doc is smart, and plays the starters 40+ min each, I can't see us losing more than 1 game each series.  Phoenix and most of the other elite teams teh past few seasons, achieved their gaudy records by playing their stars big minutes in the regular season (San Antonio was the only exception to this trend).  Doc Rivers has done the impossible and kept their minutes down.  Now if he changes course and lets our Big 3 domintate every contest, we will coast all the way to #17.  If he rigidly follows the pattern from this season, we might lose a couple.  So as fans, we have to ask ourselves, cheer accordingly for. . . #1: Lose a couple, but keep our stars fresh throughout. . . or #2 play our studs 40+ min each and roll through this thing with 1 or 2 losses like the '02 Lakers.  Personally I'm leaning towards choice 2, because it seems like the surer thing.   But maybe I'm just being paranoid??????

All I know is, for the last couple years, Rivers' inability to manage-a-bench versus win-a-game has been a bone of contention.  Has he suddenly cracked the magical formula for success?  Or is our bench/staff good enough to compenstate for his mistakes?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  But personally, I'd rather he plays Paul, Kevin and Ray 42 mpg each, just to be sure. They can handle it.  And I declare this with extra adamance because they've rested excessively for the last 2 months.  If we can sweep each opponent between now and the Lo'B trophy, then we need to pull out all the stops to do so, even if it means big minutes for our warriors.  What say you?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 03:46:37 AM by MetroGlobe »

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2008, 03:49:57 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have a feeling that he'll play the first half just as he's have all season.  Starters most if not all of the first quarter, bench with one or two starters for most of the second quarter.  Third quarter, starters play most, if not all of it.  Depending on how the game is going, he'll either play the bench a ton in the 3rd or insert the starters fairly early, but still starting it with most of the bench.