Author Topic: KG not at practice again today... (Wife has baby? Merged)  (Read 25903 times)

Re: IF It's True That KG is a New Dad...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 04:05:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, pierce just had a kid too, and it didn't seem to hurt his focus.

somethign to remeber is that for alot of these guys (and i would propose most of our guys are these type of guys) when they step on the court, they enter another world. Alot of these guys are so ultra competitive that the mionute the ball gets tipped, they think of nothing else. We've all had spurts of this (i can never remeber, during a football game that i was playing in thinking "boy, i hope x goes ok next week") where you block out everything for an hour or so.

To me, this isn't something that garrnett will have hurt him. if anything, it might relive some pressure (assuming of course that the child is healthy) while ive never had a kid, ive seen some friends go through it, and thier 10 times more out of it with worry in the months leading up to the birth rather than after the've had a healthy bundle of joy and both mother and kid are a-ok.  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 04:09:16 PM »

Offline BadBoyBosh

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • drink it in baby
The day of his birth the celtics should sign him to a 30 year 30 mil deal

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The day of his birth the celtics should sign him to a 30 year 30 mil deal

Have to run this one by Stern, but I think he's heading the other direction on age minimums!  ;)
Yup

KG not at practice again today... (Wife has baby? Merged)
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

Offline justice

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
Just saw on Celtics.com some new post-practice interviews from today and Garnett is out again...

I'm inclined to think that this is not because his wife had a child only because I don't think that would be something to hide, and Doc and Pierce continued to avoid the issue.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I hope everything is ok with Garnett.

Maybe his absence is not a huge deal, but I guess I'd like KG practicing with the rest of the team right now so everyone is on the same page.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:24:23 PM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: KG not at practice again today...
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
He's just laying dormant in his cocoon, slowly building up his rage and intensity until he lets it all out on the hapless hawks. 

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

Offline sns0274

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14

I would suggest a good strong dose of **** or ****
Guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 06:58:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think that really rules out the baby scenario. the whole team was joking about his absence yesterday. If he was really hurt or something, that would be tougher to hide, since injury reports are put out.

KG has always been a very private person outside of basketball, Pierce's baby's birth was announced because paul didn't mind. If KG has had a kid or (this would suck, and i pray it isn't the case) a death of someone close to him/ illness, it really doesn't strike me as odd that as private as he is off the court, he wouldn't want to have people talking about it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
I'm inclined to think that this is not because his wife had a child only because I don't think that would be something to hide, and Doc and Pierce continued to avoid the issue.

I disagree with that.  He still never openly admitted that she was pregnant. 

It was leaked because a lady overheard KG's wife talking about it at a game, emailed a non-sports writer at the StarTribune, who emailed someone at the Boston Globe, who was unable to deny the rumor but wasn't sure herself...

... so... yeah, KG does a good job of keeping his private life private, and he's open about that.  I've heard him say several times over the past 3-8 years (paraphrasing) "I'm very open with you all about my professional life, I'm in here talking to you all after every game, I'm fine talking about basketball.... but I'm a private person and keep my private life private."

Anyways, I agree, I hope everything's okay.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 07:26:51 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
We didn't know till a couple days later about Posey's baby.  They said the same thing at first.  Family reasons.  I can see KG asking the docs to induce labor or do a C-section now so that he wouldn't have to miss any time during the playoffs.  He was scheduled to come in and practice tonight and Doc and Pierce didn't seem at all concerned and were joking about it.   My guess is taht KG wants to make the announcement himself and so everyone is being tight lipped about it. 

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

Offline greengirl

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
guys

seriously

relax.

his absence is not in violation of anything. it's "excused" and everyone who needs to know why, does.

and at a time like this, mentioning or even thinking the worst is. not. cool.

i know everyone is excited about the playoffs and want everything to be perfect, but if it aint perfect after 60whatever wins, 2-3 days aint gon fix it. let the man handle his business.

if it is meant to be, the games will be fine, the playoffs will be fine, and you'll have plenty of on-court stuff to obssess, theorize, and argue about.

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 08:15:29 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
guys

seriously

relax.

his absence is not in violation of anything. it's "excused" and everyone who needs to know why, does.

and at a time like this, mentioning or even thinking the worst is. not. cool.

i know everyone is excited about the playoffs and want everything to be perfect, but if it aint perfect after 60whatever wins, 2-3 days aint gon fix it. let the man handle his business.

if it is meant to be, the games will be fine, the playoffs will be fine, and you'll have plenty of on-court stuff to obssess, theorize, and argue about.
Well said, greengirl -- and FLC too. It's about privacy. Let not imaginations get carried away.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
"we're talking about practice?? practice???? not even a game but ... practice!??"

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
If this is true, congrats to KG. And the rest of the Celtics fans, caze I see KG 1000% focused to win it all for his kid. So do people think his kid will make the NBA (or WNBA) some day?
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
baby k..girl..kayla or boy...kevin jr...

dont know if it's true...he aint had a press con or called me personally so it aint my/our bizness....but congrats if true...pray for a healthy baby....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 10:22:15 PM by BASSTHUMPER »

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 10:02:33 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
he is not 100%..physically...even warriors need time to rest...he'll fight throught it..