Author Topic: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19  (Read 31038 times)

Re: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19
« Reply #420 on: February 09, 2019, 11:05:38 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
This season has been brutal.

This team has serious chemistry problems, playing styles that clash and players that do not like playing together, plus a weak coach.

again

HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE NOT PLAYED 48?

HOW MANY HAVE WE COME OUT FLAT 3rd quarter?

HOW MANY HAVE WE REFUSED TO ADJUST?

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. that is stuff the coaches have to fix.

It's hard to adjust when the pieces you have are basically identical.

Kyrie's the only one who can attack the basket and score.

The rest are 3-point shooters.

Celts also don't have a low post threat like Vucevic or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Coaching is not the problem.
The problem is Ainge assembled a team that doesn't have the right mix.
Basically the ingredients are all the same.
Only Kyrie is the exception.

Horford and Smart and Brown and Hayward and Tatum can all score on the box but we don't run it.

plenty others things we could do stevens demands nothing and lets them do what they want aka jack up jumpers.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #421 on: February 09, 2019, 11:06:52 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

This team has serious chemistry problems, playing styles that clash and players that do not like playing together, plus a weak coach.

again

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. that is stuff the coaches have to fix.

Horford and Smart and Brown and Hayward and Tatum can all score on the box but we don't run it.

Horford used to score in the box.
But since last season, his age is starting to show.

Smart is not reliable in the box.
He tends to take a lot of wild shots when he's posting up.

Hayward is not 100%.

Brown and Tatum tried to attack in this game.
But we all saw it, the Clipper bigs shut them down.

What the Celts need is a guy like Vucevic or LaMarcus Aldridge.
When the Celts need a bucket because the 3s are not falling, get the ball inside for an easy two.
That's what the Celts lack.

The solution is when the Celts trade for AD.
But that's for next season.

This season the Celts are stuck with this unit.

All we can do is hope for the best.

« Reply #422 on: February 09, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
I truly don't want to watch this guys plays anymore this year. I guess it's better to be a quitter than wreck my TV with a beer bottle
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #423 on: February 09, 2019, 11:09:21 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

again

it is never ending

plenty others things we could do stevens demands nothing and lets them do what they want aka jack up jumpers.

A perfect example of what players do what is natural to them.
What's natural to most Celtic players is shoot jumpers.

If the Celts have AD and they still keep jacking up 3s, then that's on the coach.
But until Brad gets the right mix of players, it's not the coach.

« Reply #424 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I'm going in on Tatum for a minute.

Somebody tell me one part of this kid's game that has improved from year one to year two.  Because I haven't seen it.  His game looks exactly the same.  Same strengths.  Same weaknesses.  He was a solid player last year, and he is a solid player this year.  But the upside of this team always rested on somebody stepping up to be the costar with Kyrie.  With Hayward coming back from injury and Tatum seeming to be a better prospect than Brown, he was our most likely candidate to step up.  He has not.  As unfair as it might be, 'solid' isn't good enough for a player as talented as Tatum. 

I've been sitting on this opinion for a while now.  Jayson Tatum's value lies in the potential that he could one day be a superstar.  But that won't happen if he doesn't improve, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be improving is beginning to concern me.
His ISO game is much better. The problem is most high picks are on a bad team in their second year and they get more opportunities to shine in ISO. We are just expecting perfection out of him. I think he’s progressing into becoming a star that can score in iso st the end of the game. It’s just that he’s not there yet and nobody else can do it. I expect next year, hopefully not for the Pels, he’ll be a great closer.

« Reply #425 on: February 09, 2019, 11:12:32 PM »

Kiorrik

I truly don't want to watch this guys plays anymore this year. I guess it's better to be a quitter than wreck my TV with a beer bottle

... or just be a decent human being and don't over-react like you're 12 or something?

Jeez people over-react like crazy here. To everything. If you end up throwing your alcoholic beverage at your equipment, you have larger issues in life than what a basketball team is doing.

There's a lot of angry people in this game thread.

I advise you all to talk to someone about that. There's some things y'all need to work out that have nothing to do with basketball.

« Reply #426 on: February 09, 2019, 11:15:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

... or just be a decent human being and don't over-react like you're 12 or something?

Jeez people over-react like crazy here. To everything. If you end up throwing your alcoholic beverage at your equipment, you have larger issues in life than what a basketball team is doing.

I advise you all to talk to someone about that. There's some things y'all need to work out that have nothing to do with basketball.

Honestly, this might be one of the most absurd, off base, and disrespectful posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Telling someone they're a terrible human being because they have a different opinion than you is way out of line.  And the fact you're a moderator makes it even worse.

Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

« Reply #427 on: February 09, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »

Kiorrik

Honestly, this might be one of the most absurd, off base, and disrespectful posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Telling someone they're a terrible human being because they have a different opinion than you is way out of line.  And the fact you're a moderator makes it even worse.

Basketball players "lucky to not have rocks thrown at them", several people trying to mask profanity, and someone saying they're going to stop watching because they get too angry.

Yeah, me saying someone's got some issues is way worse.

« Reply #428 on: February 09, 2019, 11:17:58 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Trade Tatum for AD and don't look back

He thinks he is Kobe which isn't good

« Reply #429 on: February 09, 2019, 11:18:25 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

Agreed. TP. If you are not frustrated after a loss like that then you are not fully invested in this team. The beer bottle comment was obviously a joke.

« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2019, 11:21:25 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »

Kiorrik

Agreed. TP. If you are not frustrated after a loss like that then you are not fully invested in this team. The beer bottle comment was obviously a joke.
Right. Well. Wrong place wrong time I suppose. My bad.

« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2019, 11:28:58 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
That's why some of us here wanted Ainge to trade for Vucevic.

Vooch would've given the Celts inside scoring and a lot of rebounds.

« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
These guys are lucky this is in the USA. They are only booed. If this **** happened here in Brazil, they would have to leave the court with umbrellas, cause spit, p---, rocks would be flying their way.

yep...the USA fans are very well behaved compared to other countries.

I mean, well yeah if USA fans throw rocks or spit at players they get arrested or prosecuted lol.

yep for all the talk about freedom the US is a very well regulated police state when it comes to sports. lol. Referees virtually hold their lives in their own hands in soccer countries. lol.

« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hideous game.  C's players should personally refund everyone who attended that disaster.

loss is on everyone.  players and coach.

defense and offense went completely in the toilet the second half.  said it before, will say it again.  Rozier cannot run an offense.  had a feeling the BS calls against the C's in the first half to keep the Clips from going down over 30 would impact the game and sadly I was right on that.