Author Topic: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19  (Read 31474 times)

Re: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2019, 11:39:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I truly don't want to watch this guys plays anymore this year. I guess it's better to be a quitter than wreck my TV with a beer bottle

... or just be a decent human being and don't over-react like you're 12 or something?

Jeez people over-react like crazy here. To everything. If you end up throwing your alcoholic beverage at your equipment, you have larger issues in life than what a basketball team is doing.

There's a lot of angry people in this game thread.

I advise you all to talk to someone about that. There's some things y'all need to work out that have nothing to do with basketball.

Honestly, this might be one of the most absurd, off base, and disrespectful posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Telling someone they're a terrible human being because they have a different opinion than you is way out of line.  And the fact you're a moderator makes it even worse.

Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Basketball players "lucky to not have rocks thrown at them", several people trying to mask profanity, and someone saying they're going to stop watching because they get too angry.

Yeah, me saying someone's got some issues is way worse.
Bit of a weird way to go. The only thing you listed as bad or worse than what you said is the first one.

Implying someone has the maturity of a 12 year old and that they have issues is ridiculous.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2019, 11:40:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I'm going in on Tatum for a minute.

Somebody tell me one part of this kid's game that has improved from year one to year two.  Because I haven't seen it.  His game looks exactly the same.  Same strengths.  Same weaknesses.  He was a solid player last year, and he is a solid player this year.  But the upside of this team always rested on somebody stepping up to be the costar with Kyrie.  With Hayward coming back from injury and Tatum seeming to be a better prospect than Brown, he was our most likely candidate to step up.  He has not.  As unfair as it might be, 'solid' isn't good enough for a player as talented as Tatum. 

I've been sitting on this opinion for a while now.  Jayson Tatum's value lies in the potential that he could one day be a superstar.  But that won't happen if he doesn't improve, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be improving is beginning to concern me.

You dont just get better you have to put in the work. None of the young Celts put in the work. Brown traveled the world and Tatum hung out with the enemy. How were they supposed to get better. What Tatum needed to do was not learn more moves. He needed to build more strength. Looks like he got smaller.

« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2019, 11:41:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
This season has been brutal.

This team has serious chemistry problems, playing styles that clash and players that do not like playing together, plus a weak coach.

again

HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE NOT PLAYED 48?

HOW MANY HAVE WE COME OUT FLAT 3rd quarter?

HOW MANY HAVE WE REFUSED TO ADJUST?

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. that is stuff the coaches have to fix.

It's hard to adjust when the pieces you have are basically identical.

Kyrie's the only one who can attack the basket and score.

The rest are 3-point shooters.

Celts also don't have a low post threat like Vucevic or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Coaching is not the problem.
The problem is Ainge assembled a team that doesn't have the right mix.
Basically the ingredients are all the same.
Only Kyrie is the exception.

Horford and Smart and Brown and Hayward and Tatum can all score on the box but we don't run it.

Bingo

« Reply #438 on: February 09, 2019, 11:58:43 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This team. Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2019, 12:02:39 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I truly don't want to watch this guys plays anymore this year. I guess it's better to be a quitter than wreck my TV with a beer bottle

... or just be a decent human being and don't over-react like you're 12 or something?

Jeez people over-react like crazy here. To everything. If you end up throwing your alcoholic beverage at your equipment, you have larger issues in life than what a basketball team is doing.

I advise you all to talk to someone about that. There's some things y'all need to work out that have nothing to do with basketball.

Honestly, this might be one of the most absurd, off base, and disrespectful posts I've seen on this forum in a long time.

Telling someone they're a terrible human being because they have a different opinion than you is way out of line.  And the fact you're a moderator makes it even worse.

Basketball players "lucky to not have rocks thrown at them", several people trying to mask profanity, and someone saying they're going to stop watching because they get too angry.

I probably shouldn't continue this discussion, but let's follow this through logically.

In the comment you addressed, the poster did nothing more than state they don't want to continue watching something that frustrates them.  I suppose one could conclude that this poster might have anger management issues based on the beer bottle comment, but claiming a person isn't a decent human being because they may have a mental health issue is what I take issue with.  That is what I find inappropriate and unbecoming.

(For the record, I'm not making any specific judgments as to whether or not the poster of the comment in question actually has a mental health issue, I was simply making a point)

« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2019, 12:05:26 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Only thing I’m gonna say is that Baynes might be the most important player on the team. When he plays the team looks great. Defensively, they look lost when he doesn’t play. Back to back games giving up over 120 pts.

Stevens has lost this team. Doesn’t look good right now.

« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2019, 12:09:33 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

you did take a rather strange response to a fan post. Fans are supposed to get passionate about their teams. Do you really think it is rational for grown men to wear jerseys with other people's names on it? Or to build man caves dedicated to sports teams. Accusing a fan of acting like a fan just totally demonstrates a lack of understanding of what it is to be a fan. The reasons these players and coaches are able to cash million dollar checks is because of fans.

« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:15 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Agreed. TP. If you are not frustrated after a loss like that then you are not fully invested in this team. The beer bottle comment was obviously a joke.

It was not a joke it is actually a perspective from a fan that does not live in this country.  This is why Universities encourage diversity in admission to learn from others that have different experiences and perspectives. What the poster said about fan reaction in foreign countries is very real.

« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Blew 18 point lead last game...Blew 28 point lead this game.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:00 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Blew 18 point lead last game...Blew 28 point lead this game.

The laker players showed their annoyance to trade rumors by losing hard to Indiana. It looks like now the trade thing is real for the Celtics and the players are  not willing to play their hearts out for Boston.

« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2019, 12:21:12 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I was at the game tonight.

In the 2nd half, the Celtics were sleepwalking.

The atmosphere in the Garden was as morbid as I've ever seen it (minus a random wave going around the arena.)

The funny thing is, there's not one particular player to pin this loss on. Bad turnovers in the 4th quarter. We got burned by Patrick Beverly, some threes from Gallinari and a rookie named Landry Shamet whom I never heard of until he was traded from Philly on Wednesday.

If Kyrie didn't get injured, we probably win the game. Sometimes I watch this team and I can't even figure out the problem. Tonight was one of those nights.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 12:31:29 AM by gpap »

« Reply #446 on: February 10, 2019, 12:55:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
At least next game we might get a glimpse of the lineup that worked last playoffs against the Sixers if Brad has his head screwed right: Rozier-Brown-Tatum-Morris-Horford gets us the W imo.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #447 on: February 10, 2019, 01:19:52 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
At least next game we might get a glimpse of the lineup that worked last playoffs against the Sixers if Brad has his head screwed right: Rozier-Brown-Tatum-Morris-Horford gets us the W imo.

what happened to smart?

« Reply #448 on: February 10, 2019, 02:04:14 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
2nd loss in a row to LA teams where we looked like crap in the game.  2nd game in a row I missed the game completely and the game thread.
Looks like it need to get back to watching us so we can win again!

« Reply #449 on: February 10, 2019, 02:23:38 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
2nd loss in a row to LA teams where we looked like crap in the game.  2nd game in a row I missed the game completely and the game thread.
Looks like it need to get back to watching us so we can win again!

Same, maybe we're the lucky charm they need  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D