Author Topic: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19  (Read 31057 times)

Re: Clippers (30-26) at Celtics (35-20) Game #56 2/9/19
« Reply #405 on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
My analogy of this situation is the Celts are going to war using only sniper rifles.

Sure the sniper rifle is effective from long range.

But what happens if you need to attack from close range?

This Celts team is all Kyrie and 3-point shooters.
Without Kyrie, Celts are just a one-dimensional team.

« Reply #406 on: February 09, 2019, 10:54:12 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
These guys are lucky this is in the USA. They are only booed. If this **** happened here in Brazil, they would have to leave the court with umbrellas, cause spit, p---, rocks would be flying their way.

yep...the USA fans are very well behaved compared to other countries.

I mean, well yeah if USA fans throw rocks or spit at players they get arrested or prosecuted lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #407 on: February 09, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
How anyone can ignore the this team's front runner mentality and completely lack of effort in games like this is beyond me.

Ainge seriously needs to consider finding a new coach of Brad can no longer get through to these guys.  Poor effort is a direct indictment of poor coaching.

TP. People don't want to admit the obvious problem is Brad and the coaching staff simply not getting through to the guys, likely because before this year he was thought of as a major advantage for us. The coaching staff just doesn't have the tough character needed to manage this level of talent and take the team to the next level.

He's not the obvious problem. That's why we don't want to admit it. It's not about a lovefest for Stevens. It's about an unwillingness to mobstorm the garden and demand Stevens be fired, largely because we see other more glaring issues than Brad Stevens.

Direct your impotent criticisms elsewhere. Before focusing your rage on one thing, realize you are oversimplifying the issue and trying to make Stevens the sacrificial scapegoat.

LOL....are you Brad's mother or something?

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
It looks like the Cs are doing their best to keep the Kings pick as valuable as possible.  :-[ Pitiful last two second halfs.  I’m taking a break from watching games for a bit. Can’t take it.

« Reply #409 on: February 09, 2019, 10:57:11 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'm going in on Tatum for a minute.

Somebody tell me one part of this kid's game that has improved from year one to year two.  Because I haven't seen it.  His game looks exactly the same.  Same strengths.  Same weaknesses.  He was a solid player last year, and he is a solid player this year.  But the upside of this team always rested on somebody stepping up to be the costar with Kyrie.  With Hayward coming back from injury and Tatum seeming to be a better prospect than Brown, he was our most likely candidate to step up.  He has not.  As unfair as it might be, 'solid' isn't good enough for a player as talented as Tatum. 

I've been sitting on this opinion for a while now.  Jayson Tatum's value lies in the potential that he could one day be a superstar.  But that won't happen if he doesn't improve, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be improving is beginning to concern me. 

« Reply #410 on: February 09, 2019, 10:57:33 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
It looks like the Cs are doing their best to keep the Kings pick as valuable as possible.  :-[ Pitiful last two second halfs.  I’m taking a break from watching games for a bit. Can’t take it.

do not blame u this has been trash lately.  sick of seeing no adjustments, no playing for 48 and coming out after half flat

100% on coaching. the players keep doing this so whos job is it to stop it?

COACHING!!!!!!!!!!!!1
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #411 on: February 09, 2019, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
This season has been brutal.

This team has serious chemistry problems, playing styles that clash and players that do not like playing together, plus a weak coach.

again

HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE NOT PLAYED 48?

HOW MANY HAVE WE COME OUT FLAT 3rd quarter?

HOW MANY HAVE WE REFUSED TO ADJUST?

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. that is stuff the coaches have to fix.

It's hard to adjust when the pieces you have are basically identical.

Kyrie's the only one who can attack the basket and score.

The rest are 3-point shooters.

Celts also don't have a low post threat like Vucevic or LaMarcus Aldridge.

Coaching is not the problem.
The problem is Ainge assembled a team that doesn't have the right mix.
Basically the ingredients are all the same.
Only Kyrie is the exception.

« Reply #412 on: February 09, 2019, 10:59:30 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
This has to be one of the worst losses all season.

« Reply #413 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

This team has serious chemistry problems, playing styles that clash and players that do not like playing together, plus a weak coach.

again

it is never ending

100% on coaching. you DO NOT keep making those mistakes. that is stuff the coaches have to fix.

Horford and Smart and Brown and Hayward and Tatum can all score on the box but we don't run it.

« Reply #414 on: February 09, 2019, 11:00:58 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Watch the games. The scouting report is out

Marcus Smart is going to get open three pointers all game long....When they are coming down the court teams are purposely letting this guy shoot pull up early shot clock 3 pointers, because its going to to be the worst shot that the Celtics will get for that possesion ....

The key is that if Marcus can make them at a good clip which he has , then the Celtics will be ok

The bad part is that no matter how open Smart is, he will shoot it the same

Hes not going to hit open shots like a Shamet would , open not open, the shot probably has same chance of going in.

This is going to be a big big deal in the playoffs If Smart plays big minutes.

« Reply #415 on: February 09, 2019, 11:01:59 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I'm going in on Tatum for a minute.

Somebody tell me one part of this kid's game that has improved from year one to year two.  Because I haven't seen it.  His game looks exactly the same.  Same strengths.  Same weaknesses.  He was a solid player last year, and he is a solid player this year.  But the upside of this team always rested on somebody stepping up to be the costar with Kyrie.  With Hayward coming back from injury and Tatum seeming to be a better prospect than Brown, he was our most likely candidate to step up.  He has not.  As unfair as it might be, 'solid' isn't good enough for a player as talented as Tatum. 

I've been sitting on this opinion for a while now.  Jayson Tatum's value lies in the potential that he could one day be a superstar.  But that won't happen if he doesn't improve, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be improving is beginning to concern me.

Reason why is Tatum is still 20 years old.
His body is not fully developed.
When he gets bumped, he gets off-balanced easily.

Time will come when Tatum's body fully develops and he becomes a superstar.

But I don't think Tatum will be a concern after the season is over because he's going to be traded for AD.

« Reply #416 on: February 09, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Next game is... @PHI.

Yeah I’m beginning to think 3 seed is best case scenario at this point and we’re likely going in as a 4 or 5 seed  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #417 on: February 09, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

again

it is never ending

COACHING IS A HUGE PROBLEM WHEN YOU SEE THE SAME THING OVER ND OVER AND OVER and nothing differently is tried. what horse hockey. i have seen tatum and rozier and brown attack the basket. brad just does not demand it!  a big down low?  not my problem. i Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed about not having anyone worth a crap in the post after KG was traded. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #418 on: February 09, 2019, 11:04:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
(Ignore)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #419 on: February 09, 2019, 11:04:51 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62
These guys are lucky this is in the USA. They are only booed. If this **** happened here in Brazil, they would have to leave the court with umbrellas, cause spit, p---, rocks would be flying their way.

yep...the USA fans are very well behaved compared to other countries.

I mean, well yeah if USA fans throw rocks or spit at players they get arrested or prosecuted lol.

You're right. That's what suppose to happen. Buuuuuut, it happens all the time here in south América. Never heard of anyone arrested for this. If you want an example. Look for a libertadores corner kick. Security has tô put a shield over the player head so he can kick the ball without getting hammered in the head by a rock or something. I must confess: seeing this guys leaving the court looking like nothing happened was even worst than watching they play
Brazilian Celtic Fan!