Author Topic: Question: when is DeAndre Jordan eligible for trade?  (Read 1180 times)

Question: when is DeAndre Jordan eligible for trade?
« on: June 17, 2015, 02:51:49 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Just wondering due to players getting traded already (ilyasova, lance stephenson).
Is DeAndre eligible for trade right now, even though he's an upcoming free agent? Is he eligible for a sign-n-trade right now?

If so, hearing that the clippers want to get back into the first round of the draft... I'm wondering if they're willing to do a deal to part with DeAndre for say, both of boston's first round picks and a current player?
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Question: when is DeAndre Jordan eligible for trade?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He is eligible for a sign-and-trade the first day after the July moratorium, which this year is July 9th.  Players with contracts that are expiring, or have a player/team option that has yet to be exercised, may not be traded after the Feb trade deadline.  Players who have non-guaranteed contracts for next season can be once their team's season is over, as can players with guaranteed contracts next year.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 03:01:15 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
So LAC can't use him to get in the first round. Unfortunate. Thanks though!
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

They can. Like all draft-day trades, it would be a handshake agreement until the moratorium is over: that's why you hear things like "agreed to in principle"

I don't believe that they will, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They can. Like all draft-day trades, it would be a handshake agreement until the moratorium is over: that's why you hear things like "agreed to in principle"

Yeah, because Jordan is a free agent who might like to actually choose where he plays, even a handshake agreement is a bit tough.  What they can do is say "If Jordan is willing to do a sign-and-trade, which players would you most like?"

Still even that is an unlikely conversation to occur.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 03:12:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Yeah, because Jordan is a free agent who might like to actually choose where he plays, even a handshake agreement is a bit tough.  What they can do is say "If Jordan is willing to do a sign-and-trade, which players would you most like?"

Still even that is an unlikely conversation to occur.

Precisely.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 03:19:38 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Unless Jordan already talk with Doc and he's sold on Boston being the perfect place for him.
But that would be a conference meeting with Deandré, Doc & Danny for that to happen.
So highly unlikely, indeed.