Author Topic: Idea: sell high on Rozier  (Read 4282 times)

Idea: sell high on Rozier
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »

Online jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just bored on a Saturday so don’t rip my head off at the notion of dumping everyone’s new favorite Celtic.

Proposal:
T. Rosé, Lakers pick and maaaybe the Grizzlies pick
For
Devin Booker

Why we do it?
Obvious answer we have Kyrie and need more scoring. He is also a good fit in terms of the  youth/vet ratio we have right now.

Why Phoenix does it?
They’re terrible, they’ll get a solid young starter in T. Rosé and two more near guaranteed lottery picks  over the next few years.

I also like the idea of Jalen coming off the bench, I think he’d be a helliva sixth man who covers multiple positions.

2018-19 starting 5:

Kyrie
Booker
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

Re: Idea: sell high on Rozier
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:18:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
(1) Suns would never do that
(2) Well-rounded teams need talented role players. There’s only one ball. A guy like Rozier who doesn’t need the ball in his hand all the time, is an incredible rebounder, and clearly well-liked is more valuable than he appears.
(3) As of now, the year Booker would be up for a new contract we’ll likely have to offer Jaylen Brown a max contract. The next year we’ll have to offer Tatum the same. We don’t have enough money!

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think that would be enough for the Suns to move Booker.

And I don't think Booker and Kyrie would be a particularly great match anyway. Booker has never played a lick of defense in his entire life, and is even more ball-dominant than Kyrie.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
You can't say you're selling high till you know what his true potential is and we don't.  He's still improving - rapidly.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 11:15:28 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Selling high would be this summer.  We need him right now.  We may not need him next season depending on what he's worth. 

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
(2) Well-rounded teams need talented role players. There’s only one ball. A guy like Rozier who doesn’t need the ball in his hand all the time, is an incredible rebounder, and clearly well-liked is more valuable than he appears.
(3) As of now, the year Booker would be up for a new contract we’ll likely have to offer Jaylen Brown a max contract. The next year we’ll have to offer Tatum the same. We don’t have enough money!
It’s certainly too early to be declaring both Brown and Tatum deserving of max contracts.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I don't think that would be enough for the Suns to move Booker.

And I don't think Booker and Kyrie would be a particularly great match anyway. Booker has never played a lick of defense in his entire life, and is even more ball-dominant than Kyrie.

He is the only piece they're building around.  They don't answer the phone with that offer...

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 05:20:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
It’s certainly too early to be declaring both Brown and Tatum deserving of max contracts.

Only slightly too early.  Given their age, draft pedigree, current production, and year-to-year growth in the case of Brown, about the only way they aren't getting a max deal, or at least within about 5% of one, is if either suffer a major injury between now and extension time.  Let’s hope thats not the case.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
TP for creative thinking.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Have to admit, I came into this thread thinking of rolling my eyes after how good Rozier has looked lately, we're seriously considering trading him now, but this is actually not a horrible idea.

Still don't think PHO would even consider it though, and I honestly don't know if Booker and Kyrie can co-exist together.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:13 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
You can't say you're selling high till you know what his true potential is and we don't.  He's still improving - rapidly.

This. It’s impossible to claim selling high when an assets’ long term value is still TBD.

Don’t wanna end up like those people who sold amazon stock from 2000-2010.

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Interesting, but as the LA pick looks less and less likely to be conveyed to us and looks likely to wind up as the SAC pick in 2019, I don't think Phoenix would even consider waiting. TP

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Haha.  They are not giving us Booker.  But I'd love this trade if it happens, which shows why Phoenix doesn't do it.  Now if you mention Jaylen Brown's name too, they might not hang up right away.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
though i don't agree with the trade, i do think rozier's trade value this summer will attract some bidders. easy 1st round pick trade
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 06:19:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Booker and Kyrie can absolutely co-exist as a back court, but they are gonna be woefully awful on defense. Booker needs the ball in his hands, but he's also an excellent shooter/scorer. The problem is Booker and Kyrie both like to score, and take the last shot. So it really does come down to whether or not you firmly believe Booker is willing to commit to defense.

A better trade would be Jaylen Brown+ T-Roz, and 2 first round picks.

Allows Smart to PG/SG as a sixth man, and allows Booker to have free space on the floor during the 1st and 2nd unit to ball handle.

I also forget Booker is only 21, and while his team isn't that good. He's already putting up similar numbers to Kyrie, and is only 0.2 APG behind Kyrie's.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different