Author Topic: Jon Leuer  (Read 8147 times)

Re: Jon Leuer
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
I agree would love to see the C's move up and take him and get Marshon Brooks or Reggie Jackson as well.

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 10:44:11 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
As a Wisconsinite, I have seen this guy develop as a college player. He has many guard-like skills because he went from 6'2" to 6'8" between his sophomore and junior years of HS. His game has really developed offensively in all areas, though he is more of a face-up player than back to the basket. Bo Ryan knows what he is doing, so this kid will not make fundamental mistakes.

My real questions for him on the pro level are his ability to defend. Wisconsin was not as solid defensively this season as years past, due mostly to a lack of inside presence defensively. This should tell you something about his presence around the basket.

He evidently played well against the pros last summer when the FIBA team played against college players. I don't see this guy as a starter on good teams, but could definitely help off the bench. He certainly will know his role every season, so we wouldn't have to hear that anymore.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
where he may never be a great defender, if he has the basketball IQ that people are saying he has then at the very least he should be a good team defender. With bigs it seems like the ability to rotate is more important then the ability to defend 1 on 1 epspecially at 7' (can his D be any worse then nenads?)
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
where he may never be a great defender, if he has the basketball IQ that people are saying he has then at the very least he should be a good team defender. With bigs it seems like the ability to rotate is more important then the ability to defend 1 on 1 epspecially at 7' (can his D be any worse then nenads?)

He's a good team defender, well he was at the college level.  I really like his offensive game, and I feel like he could do everything Glen Davis could do, only more efficient.  He'll never be a starter in the league, but he could definitely be a 6th-8th guy on a winning team.
do it

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Just noticed in his second game 20min 14pts 8rb 2 block 1stl
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 07:48:18 AM »