Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 566538 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #810 on: December 02, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Memphis up 70 on OKC, that’s not a typo lol

I think for any loss by 50+ points, there should be a three strike rule followed by contraction of the league by removing that franchise.

75 now with a minute left, I’m speechless.

Final score 152-79, just wow

« Reply #811 on: December 02, 2021, 10:32:28 PM »

Kiorrik

I think for any loss by 50+ points, there should be a three strike rule followed by contraction of the league by removing that franchise.

https://www.nba.com/game/okc-vs-mem-0022100330/box-score

Check out this box score - it's so hilarious :D

ENTIRE benches played, 9 players in double digits, 64 rebounds, 41 assists ... such an anomaly :'D

« Reply #812 on: December 02, 2021, 10:40:22 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

https://www.nba.com/game/okc-vs-mem-0022100330/box-score

Check out this box score - it's so hilarious :D

ENTIRE benches played, 9 players in double digits, 64 rebounds, 41 assists ... such an anomaly :'D

Yeah, That's a crazy box to look at. :o

« Reply #813 on: December 02, 2021, 10:41:00 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

Sounds like the final score of a usual Team USA Men's Basketball Olympics game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #814 on: December 02, 2021, 10:42:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I saw on twitter it was the largest margin of victory ever.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #815 on: December 02, 2021, 10:43:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
That's Spurs team is fun.

« Reply #816 on: December 02, 2021, 10:45:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I could get behind something like that.  maybe contraction of the franchise at that point.  I think a smaller level of perhaps 25-30 point losses - perhaps 8 -- in a season would result in the loss of a first round draft pick --> team loses their best first round pick the next season if they have multiple picks and lose it if there's just one.  Fines for each loss that large exceeding that limit such that the team has to refund the ticket costs to every fan that attended the game and can produce their ticket to prove they were there.   

hate the egregious tanking that goes on in this league by teams that are trying to ensure a high draft pick.

« Reply #817 on: December 02, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »

Kiorrik

I could get behind something like that.  maybe contraction of the franchise at that point.  I think a smaller level of perhaps 25-30 point losses - perhaps 8 -- in a season would result in the loss of a first round draft pick --> team loses their best first round pick the next season if they have multiple picks and lose it if there's just one.  Fines for each loss that large exceeding that limit such that the team has to refund the ticket costs to every fan that attended the game and can produce their ticket to prove they were there.   

hate the egregious tanking that goes on in this league by teams that are trying to ensure a high draft pick.

How about, make the league smaller, play fewer games.

Say 20 teams, 60 games each. Better for athletes, fewer health issues.

Then make a second league underneath with 20 teams that compete to go to the NBA.

« Reply #818 on: December 02, 2021, 10:56:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Yeah, I'm good with that. Fans who attended that game seriously deserve at least a refund.

Either way, there's no excuse for losing by 50+, nevermind 70+. Anyone in any profession would be seriously punished or terminated for such failure. It's on the franchise and not the players.

« Reply #819 on: December 02, 2021, 11:28:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Truly unbelievable
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #820 on: December 03, 2021, 12:25:23 AM »

Kiorrik

Lakers will start Dwight Howard vs Clippers :o

Keen.

« Reply #821 on: December 03, 2021, 05:14:31 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Truly unbelievable

Morant wasn't even playing. Then again neither were SGA and Giddey, probably enhanced their reputations without having to do anything. And some dude was a -56  :o

« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:22:58 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #822 on: December 03, 2021, 09:34:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, I'm good with that. Fans who attended that game seriously deserve at least a refund.

Either way, there's no excuse for losing by 50+, nevermind 70+. Anyone in any profession would be seriously punished or terminated for such failure. It's on the franchise and not the players.
I agree it's on the franchise.  was thinking over the loss of a first round pick I suggested.  no way the player's union would agree to a player losing out on guaranteed money and there's also the possibility a team that far ahead throws some easy buckets to the losing team at the end to ensure they don't get penalized.   may need to add an impartial arbiter to determine if a game that would have exceeding that 25 point loss was finagled to be less than that yet still make it apply to that count of bad losses. 

definitely would have to be a move implemented by a commissioner as a "for the good of the game" rule.

« Reply #823 on: December 03, 2021, 09:43:44 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I agree it's on the franchise.  was thinking over the loss of a first round pick I suggested.  no way the player's union would agree to 2 players losing out on guaranteed money and there's also the possibility a team that far ahead throws some easy buckets to the losing team at the end to ensure they don't get penalized.   may need to add an impartial arbiter to determine if a game that would have exceeding that 25 point loss was finagled to be less than that yet still make it apply to that count of bad losses. 

definitely would have to be a move implemented by a commissioner as a "for the good of the game" rule.

It’d be a smaller penalty, but perhaps something as simple as using worst single-game point differential as a tiebreaker for draft position.  In other words, if two teams have the same record, rather than using a coin flip, which ever team suffered the bigger blow out gets the worse position in the first round.  Not a huge deal, but if you’re losing by 73 you’re probably a team to whom it matters whether you pick 5th or 6th, for example.

« Reply #824 on: December 03, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
I am just finding out now about Brook Lopez's back surgery. No timetable for return and who knows what he'd look like if and when he does.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2021/12/02/bucks-center-brook-lopez-has-back-surgery/8840302002/

It's really hard to get a feel for the Eastern Conference this year, and the Celtics' chances. On the one hand, it looks like there's a ton of good clubs in the conference now -- the Sixers right now are at .500 and are the 11th seed -- and there are few cupcakes. On the other hand, other than the Nets I don't see any other elite teams (Bucks certainly don't look it now).

I could see the Celtics in the Eastern Finals or as the 11th seed picking in the lottery. Wild.