Author Topic: Windhorst: other teams+NBA officials mocking Klutch/Davis for failed strategy  (Read 731 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anthony Davis and Klutch Sports were unsuccessful in trying to force a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers by the 2019 trade deadline.

"I couldn't believe how my phone blew up at 3:00 PM today with people mocking Anthony Davis and Rich Paul," said Brian Windhorst on The Hoop Collective podcast. "Agents, other teams, league officials saying 'boy, they really screwed up.'"

With the Boston Celtics unable to trade for Davis at this time, the Lakers had a window in which they could theoretically have offered enough to compel the New Orleans Pelicans to execute a trade.

"I think the risk profile on this, looking at what the Lakers actually had to trade, the risk profile Anthony Davis and his team elected to take was a little bit unsavory. I thought the chance of them getting what they wanted was not high enough to the damage he was going to accept. But it could have worked."

Davis requested a trade less than two weeks before the trade deadline.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/podcast/archive/_/id/12426375

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
They absolutely should be mocked too.

It was a blatantly transparent attempt by an agent to steer a client to a specific organization through manipulative means via the media.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I thought Windhorst was basically part of Team Klutch, surprising take from him.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class