Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 57620 times)

Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Any predictions on how the show will end?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
with the closing credits  ;D

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
with the closing credits  ;D

Come on, man... that's way too predictable. I'm pretty sure the writers are better than that.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Walt avenges Hank's death, comes face to face with kidnapped Jesse during the process and lets Jesse go, despite Jesse still hating him.

Walt definitely dies, possibly due to no longer getting treatment from the cancer while on the run (and with nothing left to live for).

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Heard an interesting take on the Grantland Hollywood Prospectus Podcast:

Walter White, as we know him, died with Hank. Not killing family was the last bit of morality he had. Which is why he kind of just lied there, wide mouthed, appearing dead after Hank was shot.

Now only Heisenberg remains.

That makes a lot of sense, particularly in the way that it was shot, and how he acted when he rose. So because of that, I could see Heisenberg, the egomaniac, becoming extremely upset that someone else was selling his product and coming back to destroy Jesse and the Nazi's.

My only hesitation with that theory, besides just using 'Jesse and the Nazi's', is that I think that good has to triumph pver evil in this story. Everything I read from 'Breaking Bad's creative department made it seem that everyone would be VERY happy how this ends. And I'm not sure Jesse, teaming up with a loveable gang of Nazi's is quite the happy tale that this country will rally behind.

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2013, 03:10:45 PM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
Semi Spoiler

I did get chuckles galore when Walt was rolling the barrel around the desert and also when he's sitting beside the road with it at the end of this weeks episode.

I've also been getting a chuckle out of how Simmons has finally decided this is THE BEST SHOW EVAH!!! after not watching it for 5 years.

I'm hoping for a Skyler/Walt Jr comedy spinoff after this ends, detailing (HA!) their hi-jinks at the car wash. I can see opportunities for guest stars galore coming up to the cash register to pay up.. "OH MY GOSH, It's TIM CONWAY!!!" or whoevers still alive from the Golden Girls.

Kind of a reverse, Mary Tyler Moore, Lou Grant thing.
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Walter White, as we know him, died with Hank. Not killing family was the last bit of morality he had. Which is why he kind of just lied there, wide mouthed, appearing dead after Hank was shot.

It's an interesting theory, but I'm not sure about it.  I think that Walt's recognition of his daughter's cries for her mother, and his subsequent phone call where he voluntarily chose to look like a monster to save his family, shows that Walter White -- the Walter White who started this whole thing for his family -- is still alive in there somewhere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2013, 04:17:29 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Hollywood reporter had an interview with director: 'mama' was actually an improv of sorts. The babies real life mother was somewhere close behind the camera.

im not sure pinning it all on himself shows that has all that good - he personally doesn't have much to gain or lose by putting them in the clear. His life is over either way

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
im not sure pinning it all on himself shows that has all that good - he personally doesn't have much to gain or lose by putting them in the clear. His life is over either way

It's true his life is over, but would a pure evil Heisenberg go out of his way to protect his wife from prosecution?  Or would he feel persecuted by her, as the one who outed him to his son and who cut him with her knife?

I think that we've actually seen a bit of a rebirth in terms of humanity with Walt.  I think we see it further in the flashbacks, when he makes his "52" out of bacon.  He still feels a connection to his family and his old life, and misses it on a very human level.

That doesn't mean that the Heisenberg side of his personality has eroded; it's still there, as demonstrated by his order to kill Jesse, and his bitter "last words" to his former partner.  However, I think the last episode demonstrated again that Walter White is still in there somewhere.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2013, 02:26:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

That makes a lot of sense, particularly in the way that it was shot, and how he acted when he rose. So because of that, I could see Heisenberg, the egomaniac, becoming extremely upset that someone else was selling his product and coming back to destroy Jesse and the Nazi's.

My only hesitation with that theory, besides just using 'Jesse and the Nazi's', is that I think that good has to triumph pver evil in this story. Everything I read from 'Breaking Bad's creative department made it seem that everyone would be VERY happy how this ends. And I'm not sure Jesse, teaming up with a loveable gang of Nazi's is quite the happy tale that this country will rally behind.
On the podcast they were more suggesting that everything he had been building towards basically died when Hank was shot.  The gig was up.  Family has always been his priority.  His entire point of cooking meth was to leave them in good hands when he died from cancer.  Everything he had done up to that point could be rationalized... "Ends justify the means... my family will be set".  When Walt's actions resulted in the death of Hank (a member of his family), the dream died.  I don't think they mean that Walt died and he literally turned into Keiser Soze/Heisenbeg.

He's still looking out for his family.  He made that phone at the end of the episode knowing the Police were listening and they'd put his family into witness protection.  It also took any blame off of Skyler, because now she has proof (which Walt intentionally provided) that she was forced into helping Walt build his empire (she wasn't forced).

It can really only play out two ways, in my mind.

#1 - He's coming back to kill Jesse and kill the Nazis for disobeying his orders...

#2 - He's having a change of heart and is going to come back to free Jesse... end the show on a note of redemption as he inevitably dies of cancer.

Also, his family is likely untouched from this point forward.  They have to be in witness protection now.  Maybe Walt finds some way to get them money in their new life. 

« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Okay, the last scene of last night's episode was so freakin' cool. That extended remix to their theme song was awesome.

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Freaking Landry, man.

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2013, 05:05:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

The writing is too good for some mythical pure evil person who appear.

The phone conversation with his wife also kills this idea. People need to pay closer attention.

« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Freaking Landry, man.
Killed a dude in Friday Night Lights too.

« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2013, 05:58:41 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey