Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948584 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Been watching Good Will Hunting alot lately. I've been pretty down on my luck last few weeks  :(
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Either Phantasm or No Country For Old Men. Forgot what came first, and I don't really remember NCFOM. Kinda fell asleep during.

I liked Phantasm, though.. Classic low budget horror movie, that are near and dear to my heart.

Def re-watch No Country.  One of my all time favs
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2009, 07:20:54 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I have a ton of movie watching ahead of me...

Yesterday I purchased Malcolm X, We Own the Night, Knowing, and Stranger Than Fiction.

Today I purchased Inglourious Basterds, Planet Terror, The Hangover, The Terminal, There's Something About Mary, and Catch Me If You Can.

I watched Knowing last night and give it a generous score of 6 out of 10 or 2.5 out of 4. The first third of the movie was 8 out of 10. The middle was 6 out of 10. The end was 4 out of 10. Therefore... 6 out of 10 average. The movie just didn't know what it wanted to be. I wanted an apocalypse movie and I got an apocalypse, scary, happy, sad, religious, alien movie. It was too much to handle. Hopefully I can sell it to one of my friends soon, if not it will just be the worst movie I own, and having the worst movie you own be a 6 out of 10 isn't too bad, I suppose.

Tonight I watched The Hangover for the first time and it was awesome. 3.5 out of 4 or 9 out of 10. Ending was kind of cliche, a lot of the movie was obviously not possible at all. Overall though each actor played their character perfectly. I believed the performances no matter how ridiculous they were. The jokes were hilarious, the cameos were great. Awesome movie.

And... I'm about to watch Planet Terror now...

If you haven't seen Inglorious Basterds or There's Something About Mary then put one of them on right now.  Both are classics.

I thought Planet Terror was weird but kinda cool.  Same with Stranger Than Fiction.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just bought a bunch at a Hollywood Video goin out of business;
- Memento
- Blade Runner
- 25th Hour
- Collateral
- A History of Violence
- Blow
- The Score
- Event Horizon
- London

Seen them all before but not for a while. I'm about to watch Event Horizon, a really great creepy/horror/sci-fi film.

I just watched Blade Runner for the first time and must say I thought it was horrible. I didn't like it all, maybe because of my age (20), but I have seen tons of movies, both old and present, and it really just didn't live up to the hype/recognition it has garnered.

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:34 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Star Trek (new one)
The Bucket List
Enemy Of The State
The Cable Guy
The Snows Of Kilimanjaro
The Incredibles
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I also recently saw "The Fantastic Mr Fox" and that's an hour and a half I wouldn't trade for much else that you can watch on a screen. Hilarious.

I want to see that movie
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2009, 09:28:11 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I have a ton of movie watching ahead of me...

Yesterday I purchased Malcolm X, We Own the Night, Knowing, and Stranger Than Fiction.

Today I purchased Inglourious Basterds, Planet Terror, The Hangover, The Terminal, There's Something About Mary, and Catch Me If You Can.

I watched Knowing last night and give it a generous score of 6 out of 10 or 2.5 out of 4. The first third of the movie was 8 out of 10. The middle was 6 out of 10. The end was 4 out of 10. Therefore... 6 out of 10 average. The movie just didn't know what it wanted to be. I wanted an apocalypse movie and I got an apocalypse, scary, happy, sad, religious, alien movie. It was too much to handle. Hopefully I can sell it to one of my friends soon, if not it will just be the worst movie I own, and having the worst movie you own be a 6 out of 10 isn't too bad, I suppose.

Tonight I watched The Hangover for the first time and it was awesome. 3.5 out of 4 or 9 out of 10. Ending was kind of cliche, a lot of the movie was obviously not possible at all. Overall though each actor played their character perfectly. I believed the performances no matter how ridiculous they were. The jokes were hilarious, the cameos were great. Awesome movie.

And... I'm about to watch Planet Terror now...

If you haven't seen Inglorious Basterds or There's Something About Mary then put one of them on right now.  Both are classics.

I thought Planet Terror was weird but kinda cool.  Same with Stranger Than Fiction.

I had seen both Inglourious Basterds and There's Something About Mary. Saw Inglourious Basterds the day it came out in theaters and absolutely loved it. I used to own There's Somehting About Mary on VHS but no longer ave a VHS player so I had to re-buy it.

I had seen Stranger Than Fiction before, loved it. I would agree with your short assessment on Planet Terror... weird but cool. Wasn't expecting Quentin Tarantino to be in it, that was pretty cool. Machete (The clip from the beginning of Planet Terror, with Danny Trejo) comes out next year I believe, that should be pretty good. Watching The Terminal now... haven't seen the whole movie before, only parts, so... time to pay attention.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Seen them all before but not for a while. I'm about to watch Event Horizon, a really great creepy/horror/sci-fi film.

very underrated film, imo.

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2009, 09:37:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I agree, awesome flick ... and another in the same vein that I loved was "Sunshine" ... if you can find it, watch it ... great, creepy outer-space sci-fi, and very under-rated.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Away We Go
(John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph)

*Great* date movie, and good movie all around.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:38 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
On a side note, I was just doin some online shopping and bought The Way of the Gun with Benecio Del Toro, since he is one of my favorite actors. Anyone seen it?

I just watched 21 grams the other day, great, but depression/emotional film

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2009, 11:12:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I agree, awesome flick ... and another in the same vein that I loved was "Sunshine" ... if you can find it, watch it ... great, creepy outer-space sci-fi, and very under-rated.

Yeah I liked Event Horizon as well.

But my favorite movie of all time is The Langoliers. Classic to me. Stephen King at his best, IMO.

Last movie I've seen is Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. I know I need to get out more ;D

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
On a side note, I was just doin some online shopping and bought The Way of the Gun with Benecio Del Toro, since he is one of my favorite actors. Anyone seen it?

I just watched 21 grams the other day, great, but depression/emotional film

The Way Of The Gun is one of those style movies that were floating around in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Honestly it can be seen one of two ways...in one way, it's a neat little flick with cool moments that make it indisputably worth watching.

In another way is it s clumsy sloppy nod to a type of film making Quentin Tarantino has ruled for nearly 20 years. That makes it even worse, because QT's movies are all nods to other now defunct types of films, whether its a Kurosawa western or Sonny Chiba revenge style movie Tarantino's movies are only original in the purity of the idea expressed within them.

The Way of The Gun aspires to be that, and in that regard it seems kind of forced.

What. It's a slow friday.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »

Kiorrik

Dances with wolves

Oh well, it was what I expected - and I just ate and was very tired so I fell asleep during the film lol. Still though, seen bits and pieces before like this, and I didn't miss anything. It's okay I guess ;)

Nightmare before Christmas

Said it on Twitter, but I'm not too afraid to admit to this again right here: I had a bit of a hard time watching this. I absolutely love this film, Tim Burton is a hero etc - and this movie just gets to me, time and again. Especially since there's a romance in there which I really dig, and I associate myself quite well with the main character.

Yes, I know he's a skeleton.

Anyhoo, since my girl is in Australia (and I miss her a lot) the romance got the best of me again and made me realize I need to get the f-expletive-ck over there as soon as possible - or sooner.

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:47 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Boondock Saints. I really liked it.