Author Topic: Do you think Tom Heinsohn is annoying?  (Read 10201 times)

Do you think Tom Heinsohn is annoying?
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:18:02 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I may be shot for saying this.  Granted....i love him as a homer.  I like listening to guys who love the team i'm routing for...but most of the time he's waaaaay over the edge.  If the C's foul he'll complain "oh, that was no foul...no way"....or if a C's player misses a layup it's "are you kidding me...where is the foul"....haha.  Like i said, i love the fact he's a homer but sometimes it annoys me!

Re: Do you think Tom Heinsohn is annoying?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:22:04 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
While the team was bad, Tommy was awful to listen to. When the team is good, he's more than welcomed and quite fun.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's not nearly as bad now.  It did get a little tiresome when we were young and bad and not getting respect from the officials.  He whined and complained the whole time.  So when he does that a few times per game now, I'm immune to it.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I just love him and Mike
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:31:34 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I can see why he'd get under the skin of fans of other teams, but I don't find myself annoyed by him in the least.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 08:33:18 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
i'm sure the officials get annoyed by him because they can hear him yelling and complaining the whole game. 

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
The normal complaining Tommy does is so routine at this point, that I find myself actually hoping that says the refs name and some remarks when the ref is right in front of Tommy.  I remember one time he told some ref to go home to his family, but "they don't want you back, because you're so bad".  I like stuff like that.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I agree with other posters - he is much less annoying now that we have a good time. Now some of the guys he throws love on are actually good..

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
Tommy did use one of my lines the other night against Atlanta..."oh that is BOGUS".  I say that all the time when i'm watching the celtics.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
I agree with other posters - he is much less annoying now that we have a good time. Now some of the guys he throws love on are actually good..

you're saying Walter McCarty wasn't good???!!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Tommy's never bothered me. I can see where you're coming from, but personally, I've never had a problem with him.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 09:05:47 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I feel like there's one of these threads every other week.  To me, Tommy can do no wrong, because he is the epitomy of Celtics Pride.  He's been with the team throughout.  Whether they've been good or bad.  Of course he's a homer, but it's not as if he never finds fault with the team.  He knows the game of basketball, but just like us fans at times, he'll get caught up in the emotion of the game and his views become skewed.  I don't have a problem with that.  We all have our own eyes and ears.  We shouldn't have to rely on the color commentator to tell us what is going on.  Now if it was the radio, that would be different.  ;)

And every team has homer commentators.  The only difference is that Tommy is passionate, and that gets under the skin of opposing fans.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
Milt Palacio is gonna be great "once he figures out what HIS shot is"

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 09:23:57 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
 Who would you like to replace him?I can't think of anyone out there at this time would work well w/ Mike for the entire season that we wouldn't get annoyed with as well.If you are thinking of suggesting D.Marshall i bet before the season is done you will be calling for his head to.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
Who would you like to replace him?I can't think of anyone out there at this time would work well w/ Mike for the entire season that we wouldn't get annoyed with as well.If you are thinking of suggesting D.Marshall i bet before the season is done you will be calling for his head to.

no...i wouldn't want anybody to replace him.  sometimes he just gets on my nerves with the over-bias opinions.  i know that's bizarre coming from a celtics fan but i just wish he would see a foul for a foul...regardless of who fouls!