Author Topic: 76ers are the Fifth best team in the East  (Read 3138 times)

76ers are the Fifth best team in the East
« on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 This is a fact as of today. I really think Philadelphia panicked with tge Jimmy Butler trade.
 They saw that LeBron was gone, they saw the kawhi Leonard trade and Boston getting better.

They made a move for a guy that doesn't really move the needle that much and now they've compromised most of their future assets I like the Celtics the bucks and the raptors to beat the 76ers in the playoffs, and the pacers they're a really good team to I think the pieces are put together better than the 76ers are.

Re: 76ers are the Fifth best team in the East
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 04:35:52 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
If they sign a 4th guy for max this offseason I think their trade was brilliant

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 05:19:02 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
The issue is... are simmons and embiid players who make the difference?

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 05:24:28 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If they sign a 4th guy for max this offseason I think their trade was brilliant
Not going to happen , too many Alphas and too many ball dominats , and still no bench

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This is a fact as of today. I really think Philadelphia panicked with tge Jimmy Butler trade.
 They saw that LeBron was gone, they saw the kawhi Leonard trade and Boston getting better.

They made a move for a guy that doesn't really move the needle that much and now they've compromised most of their future assets I like the Celtics the bucks and the raptors to beat the 76ers in the playoffs, and the pacers they're a really good team to I think the pieces are put together better than the 76ers are.

I do not think they panicked, but we really need to ask if Jimmy Butler is that good?  He is nearing 30 and in his career has been a poor leader, locker room problem, and has never sniffed a real playoff run.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 08:18:11 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sorry KGLL, but I think the move for PHI was fantastic. All they had to give up was Saric and Covington and they brought in a perennial all-star in his prime. Of course if Butler leaves this off-season, then the narrative changes, but he can be paid the most in Philly and be on one of the best teams in the East.

The Cs traded IT and Crowder (and the #8 pick!) for Kyrie and people around the world celebrated - the move was a no-brainer for Philly even if they never make it to the Finals.

Also, tough to blame Butler last night since he didn't even play.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:53 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Sorry KGLL, but I think the move for PHI was fantastic. All they had to give up was Saric and Covington and they brought in a perennial all-star in his prime. Of course if Butler leaves this off-season, then the narrative changes, but he can be paid the most in Philly and be on one of the best teams in the East.

The Cs traded IT and Crowder (and the #8 pick!) for Kyrie and people around the world celebrated - the move was a no-brainer for Philly even if they never make it to the Finals.

this seems right to me. philly got a very good player and they are the better for it. their record since the trade shows that.

but, even with simmons, embiid, and butler the sixers as a team are not as good as the celtics, raptors, or bucks.

but i will say something unrelated to this topic. i am really surprised at how good the top of the eastern conference become this year from last.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 08:38:26 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

TP.  Completely agree.  Butler hasn't played the last 2 games (both losses) due to a groin injury.  Embiid, Butler, Simmons and Redick is a very solid four.  They need to improve 5 through 8. 

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 08:40:26 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
In terms of talent, Sixers won the trade. Here is the question: can Brown make all of the pieces work? I think the answer is no because imo he’s one of the worst coaches in the league.

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 08:45:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Simmons is passive and does not care about winning.  Butler is a malcontent, Embiid can be a dork but he can play and Fultz is an absolute bust.   It is and was to be expected.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
seems like a strange thread to bring up when Butler has missed the last 2 games.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i think he helps them .  Just not as much as Lebron or Leonard would.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 10:05:45 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
seems like a strange thread to bring up when Butler has missed the last 2 games.

Kinda'. It's gloating for sure. But Hayward and Horford have missed the last two games for the Cs too. And Brown before that. And Irving before that.

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

And only one game separates the #2 team from the #5 team in the East.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

They traded Covington and Saric.  I think you're looking for a story here that's not really here.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur