Author Topic: Marc Stein: Clippers have emerged as serious thread for Durant  (Read 6211 times)

Re: Marc Stein: Clippers have emerged as serious thread for Durant
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2019, 10:05:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd dump Gallo to a third team but sure if Kyrie is walking I'd take SGA to facilitate it happening. They only need to dump Gallo to sign Kyrie/KD outright and they'll have a lot of other options to do so. So if you can get something for a player who is gone, do it.

Yeah, they only need to dump Gallo, but hey, they want Kyrie and Durant, then they need to get us to accept a trade of for Kyrie to accept a salary at multiple million less, or find another team to accept gallinari for essentially free.

IMO they would offer up Shai with Gallinari for Kyrie which nets them more capspace in the long run, and with Kyrie Shai is unneeded.
I think you overestimate how hard it would be to move Gallo. On a one year deal at his level of play last year he is a positive asset.

I think they could just use a lottery protected future first round pick to do so. No need to give up SGA.

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 10:06:20 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/22/kevin-durant-clippers-knicks-marc-stein/

Maybe he doesn't want to play with Irving?

My advice is not to listen to these pundits. They have agendas, and often are purveyors of fake news. Most are oriented to the big TV markets--NY and LA.

Sports punditry is an enormous business these days on TV and the internet. Cowherd from LA is on for several hours every day. And then you have Smith et al on NY-based ESPN. And the internet sites.

The media is 90% opinion, 10% fact these days. Opinion gets ratings. As Wyc said in his interview the other day, half the stuff is made up.

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 10:34:21 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I'd dump Gallo to a third team but sure if Kyrie is walking I'd take SGA to facilitate it happening. They only need to dump Gallo to sign Kyrie/KD outright and they'll have a lot of other options to do so. So if you can get something for a player who is gone, do it.

Yeah, they only need to dump Gallo, but hey, they want Kyrie and Durant, then they need to get us to accept a trade of for Kyrie to accept a salary at multiple million less, or find another team to accept gallinari for essentially free.

IMO they would offer up Shai with Gallinari for Kyrie which nets them more capspace in the long run, and with Kyrie Shai is unneeded.
I think you overestimate how hard it would be to move Gallo. On a one year deal at his level of play last year he is a positive asset.

I think they could just use a lottery protected future first round pick to do so. No need to give up SGA.

I would assume it would take more from Bostons end to make the deal happen, I should have posted that, but LAC would need cheap filler for the roster, and boston owns 3 first round picks this year.

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I would assume it would take more from Bostons end to make the deal happen, I should have posted that, but LAC would need cheap filler for the roster, and boston owns 3 first round picks this year.
They really don't. The cap holds on most of their players are so small they can keep most of the rotation other than Gallo via bird rights if the players want to come back.

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2019, 01:41:03 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

They really don't. The cap holds on most of their players are so small they can keep most of the rotation other than Gallo via bird rights if the players want to come back.

Even with those guys they dont have a full team.

and they could trade Just gallo for only half his returning salary and still sign Kyrie.

Its just if they wanted to make a fair deal of it all, or of picks for more depth and a low cost controlled amount at the expense of Shai.

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Even with those guys they dont have a full team.
How so? They will have the option of bringing back their entire playoff rotation except for Gallo/Beverly and have their 2 max FAs filling those roles on the Wing/Point.

That's definitely a full team. (and many of their bench guys who weren't in rotation are still under contract as well)

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2019, 02:31:08 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
If Durant's camp is really leaking this stuff IN THE MIDST OF A TITLE RUN then he is an enormous piece of garbage.

Honestly I doubt that is the case. The LA and NY media are lining their pockets with this garbage and doing the bidding of their various masters.

Don't be surprised at all if these stars all stay put.