Author Topic: Warriors first team to 5 straight finals since 1966 Celtics  (Read 3019 times)

Re: Warriors first team to 5 straight finals since 1966 Celtics
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 11:07:10 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Hopefully KD and Klay will leave and make this league more competitive less predictable.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:16 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
When all is said and done, I highly doubt the Warriors would retire KDs number/Jersey in GS.
Think..if KD leaves this would mean he only played for them for 3 seasons.. That is not enough  for management to honor the Snake... Durant's legacy as a mercenary for hire will forever be etched in the annals of NBA history... OKC/Seattle won't retire him either... He now has to make his next stint memorable otherwise he will end up like Melo.. A once upon a star player with no permanent home to honor you.

Of course OKC will retire his jersey. He played for them for 9 seasons, won 4 scoring titles and an MVP and took them to the Finals once. I haven't looked this up but he must be the team's all time leading scorer. His number is a lock to be retired there.
He is not.  And it isn't just Westbrook that is ahead of him, Payton is as well.  But yeah, I imagine the Thunder will retire his jersey when all is said and done because he is 3rd in points, 4th in blocks, 5th in rebounds, 7th in assists, and 8th in steals all time for the Thunder/Sonics.  Plus, the MVP and the other things you mentioned. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
When all is said and done, I highly doubt the Warriors would retire KDs number/Jersey in GS.
Think..if KD leaves this would mean he only played for them for 3 seasons.. That is not enough  for management to honor the Snake... Durant's legacy as a mercenary for hire will forever be etched in the annals of NBA history... OKC/Seattle won't retire him either... He now has to make his next stint memorable otherwise he will end up like Melo.. A once upon a star player with no permanent home to honor you.

Of course OKC will retire his jersey. He played for them for 9 seasons, won 4 scoring titles and an MVP and took them to the Finals once. I haven't looked this up but he must be the team's all time leading scorer. His number is a lock to be retired there.
He is not. And it isn't just Westbrook that is ahead of him, Payton is as well.  But yeah, I imagine the Thunder will retire his jersey when all is said and done because he is 3rd in points, 4th in blocks, 5th in rebounds, 7th in assists, and 8th in steals all time for the Thunder/Sonics.  Plus, the MVP and the other things you mentioned.

This is what I get for being lazy and not just looking it up.

TP
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He is not. And it isn't just Westbrook that is ahead of him, Payton is as well.  But yeah, I imagine the Thunder will retire his jersey when all is said and done because he is 3rd in points, 4th in blocks, 5th in rebounds, 7th in assists, and 8th in steals all time for the Thunder/Sonics.  Plus, the MVP and the other things you mentioned.

TP
Yeah and I'm sure if you really thought about it, you would have realized Westbrook was ahead of him (the 2 extra seasons and all).  I never would have guessed Payton had more points then him though without looking it up.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 10:43:16 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

TP
Yeah and I'm sure if you really thought about it, you would have realized Westbrook was ahead of him (the 2 extra seasons and all).  I never would have guessed Payton had more points then him though without looking it up.

I legit just thought Durant still had more points in OKC than Westbrook has given how many more points KD had scored. But I forget that Westbrook has 2 scoring titles of his own. Crazy.

EDIT: 8 of the last 10 scoring titles was won by one of the 3 OKC guys (Durant, Harden, Westbrook). So crazy.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008