Author Topic: KO and the Canadian national team thread  (Read 9788 times)

Re: KO and the Canadian national team thread
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2015, 06:13:47 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597
  Canada vs Uruguay is on NBA tv at 6:50 eastern.  Uruguay is not very good and Olynyk will likely play less than 20 min.  If they make it to the championship game they will have played 10 games in 12 days so they rest him as much as possible.  The stupid coors light logos on the floor are a joke and players are slipping like crazy on them.  Canada plays Mexico tomorrow which should be a really good game.

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about the benefits of KO playing in these tournaments?

Personally, I would rather see him spend the whole offseason focusing on strength training, cardio, and skills training.  I don't like seeing these guys add the wear and tear of competitive basketball during the offseason.  Their bodies need to rest up.

there are no benefits. these tournaments don't improve players. or at least not in the way KO needs to improve.

So if there are no benefits in playing in tournaments, then how does Olynyk need to improve?

he either needs to become faster or stronger. unfortunately there is no improving on when the ball swings to the guy he's defending and his knees buckle under him and folds like a cheap tent. that happens way to often with KO.

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »

Offline viulo

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
I didn't watch the game against Uruguay, but 3 minutes and 4 personal fouls isn't a good sign. Although it's a lot closer to what we KnOw

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm wondering what people's thoughts are about the benefits of KO playing in these tournaments?

Personally, I would rather see him spend the whole offseason focusing on strength training, cardio, and skills training.  I don't like seeing these guys add the wear and tear of competitive basketball during the offseason.  Their bodies need to rest up.

there are no benefits. these tournaments don't improve players. or at least not in the way KO needs to improve.

So if there are no benefits in playing in tournaments, then how does Olynyk need to improve?

he either needs to become faster or stronger. unfortunately there is no improving on when the ball swings to the guy he's defending and his knees buckle under him and folds like a cheap tent. that happens way to often with KO.

I'd rather see him in the modrrn version of the best big man camp out there. He has skills to learn that the C's coaching staff clearly isn't succeeding in teaching him.