Author Topic: Sixers (22-12) at Celtics (19-13) Game #33 12/25/18  (Read 35682 times)

Re: Sixers (22-12) at Celtics (19-13) Game #33 12/25/18
« Reply #555 on: December 25, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wow! Amazing finish. Kyrie is a superstar. We need Hayward to come out of the witness protection program. Jason was fantastic. Morris Sr. was solid and we needed Horford who actually played Embid better than I have ever seen him.

You are right about Hayward....

The Gordon playing right now is Evan Turner wearing a mission impossible mask. :D

« Reply #556 on: December 25, 2018, 08:16:41 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
beat this team in 5 last year without kyrie or hayward

i am more concerned with raps or bux

They got JB, but Kyrie is bigger...man...

butler does not impress me

we beat his ass in 6 two years ago

Butler is pretty awesome.  Kyrie scored over him quite a few times but otherwise Butler was everywhere defensively and put together a pretty good shooting night after a slow start.

It's Simmons who is overrated.  I remain unimpressed by his play.

Butler is great. If only we had a two way wing player like him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #557 on: December 25, 2018, 08:17:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I was one of the guys who thought Kyrie was an all-star but a fringe superstar (not a bad thing, just I didn't think he was labeled a true superstar).

But I'll admit, I'm starting to change my mind about him a bit watching this season play out  :)

We knew he was a Top-4 PG in the league and somewhere in the Top-12 overall in the league, but he may be elevating his stock even more this season. Great to see!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #558 on: December 25, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Wow! Amazing finish. Kyrie is a superstar. We need Hayward to come out of the witness protection program. Jason was fantastic. Morris Sr. was solid and we needed Horford who actually played Embid better than I have ever seen him.

You are right about Hayward....

The Gordon playing right now is Evan Turner wearing a mission impossible mask. :D
hate to say it, but Turner was a better player in his stint here.  could both run the second unit and provide some scoring when he played his game.

« Reply #559 on: December 25, 2018, 08:18:35 PM »

Kiorrik

I was one of the guys who thought Kyrie was an all-star but a fringe superstar (not a bad thing, just I didn't think he was labeled a true superstar).

But I'll admit, I'm starting to change my mind about him a bit watching this season play out  :)

We knew he was a Top-4 PG in the league and somewhere in the Top-12 overall in the league, but he may be elevating his stock even more this season. Great to see!

I'd be happy to see him retire a Celtic. Not only because of his game either - he seems like a real class act.

Correct me if I'm wrong please :)

« Reply #560 on: December 25, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Imagine if Hayward and Jaylen Brown can be consistent factors night in and night out. Hayward is beyond timid and Brown is just...well I have no idea anymore with him

Need those 2 to be factors if this team wants out of the East

« Reply #561 on: December 25, 2018, 08:20:02 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Kyrie has beenhampered by injuries the last 2 or so years.

He is bout to enter his prime now so we will get the best out of Kyrie the next 5 or so yrs.

« Reply #562 on: December 25, 2018, 08:21:48 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Imagine if Hayward and Jaylen Brown can be consistent factors night in and night out. Hayward is beyond timid and Brown is just...well I have no idea anymore with him

Those 2 and Rozier have been the main reasons for the under-performance.  Rozier was pretty good tonight. Hopefully that's a sign of better things to come from him.

« Reply #563 on: December 25, 2018, 08:22:12 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Hayward has to become that second big scorer. If this happens, Boston will be a tough out.
100%
I liked what Hayward did in OT. Ran the offense a little bit and stepped up on defense. If he plays like that every night he will be a big help
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #564 on: December 25, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

I'd be happy to see him retire a Celtic. Not only because of his game either - he seems like a real class act.

He is. Also, he actually seems genuinely happy to be here, whereas in CLE you always felt he was "held back" a bit and also a bit frustrated.

No one really pointed it out because you know, Lebron's on the team and CLE was making Finals regardless, but then Kyrie demanded out and now you may be starting to see why (and it looks even more validated given Lebron leaving CLE again).

Kyrie has beenhampered by injuries the last 2 or so years.

He is bout to enter his prime now so we will get the best out of Kyrie the next 5 or so yrs.

Nice! Also dang Kyrie is only 26. That's actually hard to believe still  :o
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #565 on: December 25, 2018, 08:23:43 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

I agree both are horrible right now.

« Reply #566 on: December 25, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »

Kiorrik

He is. Also, he actually seems genuinely happy to be here, whereas in CLE you always felt he was "held back" a bit and also a bit frustrated.

No one really pointed it out because you know, Lebron's on the team and CLE was making Finals regardless, but then Kyrie demanded out and now you may be starting to see why (and it looks even more validated given Lebron leaving CLE again).

Well, that's all fair. C's are a class organisation, so he might have been made to feel super at-home here instantly.

It's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm a Celtics fan. I get to brag about our organisation being super, super classy.

« Reply #567 on: December 25, 2018, 08:26:08 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Tatum, Horford, and Hayward probably don't go 1/14 from 3 again this year.

That was a blowout in disguise
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #568 on: December 25, 2018, 08:27:50 PM »

Kiorrik

Tatum, Horford, and Hayward probably don't go 1/14 from 3 again this year.

That was a blowout in disguise

Escaping with a W when that's one of the stats, is a great, great thing. We can perform like crap, and still play like this?

On that same topic; the more people complain in these forums, whilst we're having a winning record, the better we really are. Because if there's lots of stuff going wrong, and we're still in the green (harharr) - that means tonnes of room for improvement!

« Reply #569 on: December 25, 2018, 08:28:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I agree both are horrible right now.
Brown has the occasional game where he seems back -- had a good stretch before getting hurt again.  Hoping he gets it together before the end of the season where he looks like the player he was last year.

Hayward, frustrating.  he's barely a rotation-level player this year.  no offense to speak of.  D is mediocre at best.  leadership on the floor isn't being displayed.   I was optimistic he'd be reasonably close to the player he was after taking a year off but he's having less of a positive impact for this team than Shane Larkin had last year