Author Topic: Rodney Hood on trade block  (Read 4674 times)

Rodney Hood on trade block
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
According to Yahoo.

He is in last year of his rookie contract. Not sure the asking price, but he would be a solid addition to the C's bench bringing some much needed scoring.  I'd give up a 1st for him. Larkin and the Boston 1st.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Rodney Hood on trade block
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 11:33:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm with you, Big Mo. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I just don't think we'd pay to keep him and Smart around long-term, so moving a 1st might be a bit shortsighted.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 12:17:49 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
depends on asking price.  hood is not much of a defender but he can certainly be a solid scorer from the 2 spot and help our bench scoring.  might be worth it if we don't give up too much.  certainly no lotto picks should be involved in a trade for him.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 12:27:47 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
According to Yahoo.

He is in last year of his rookie contract. Not sure the asking price, but he would be a solid addition to the C's bench bringing some much needed scoring.  I'd give up a 1st for him. Larkin and the Boston 1st.

I have to think there are other teams that would give up more to get the bird rights to a somewhat promising 25 year old scorer.  Especially small market teams.  Sacramento comes to mind.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 12:34:54 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Yes.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 05:10:10 AM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
Based on the makeup of Hood’s contract, I’m pretty sure the Celtics could just absorb his deal with the injury exemption granted in the Hayward aftermath.

If a lottery protected pick were enough I would be on board

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 06:35:56 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I fake reported this yesterday on the start a rumor thread lol
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=95094.0

I would honestly love hood here. Dunno exactly how but sign me up. And it would be amazing if somehow we resigned him next year...bye bye marcus

Kyrie/hood/hayward/tatum/horford with brown being the energy 6th man of the year

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just don't think we'd pay to keep him and Smart around long-term, so moving a 1st might be a bit shortsighted.

It's very likely that Hood would be better than whatever we get with the 1st and he was definitely my guy (over Young) in the 2014 draft, but I generally agree with your premise. Hood is now at the perfect age for a team to sign him a to an expensive long-term deal as they will feel fairly confident he will be productive over those years. He probably wouldn't be worth it to us - same as KO last year and Turner/Sully the year before - especially with the tax implications.

I am also worried about the same thing happening with Smart, but I guess if we had both of them we would have some 'insurance' for him [Smart] leaving.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Kyrie/hood/hayward/tatum/horford with brown being the energy 6th man of the year

There is no way that Hood would send Brown to the bench.

Off-topic-
You have 959 TP's in just 1216 posts... HMMMM....

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 08:50:42 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd guess it would be one or the other, but it does give Boston more options next year while improving the team thus year.  I mean every one seems to think the East is winnable yet no one wants to trade a late 1st for a rental.  It justbdiesnt make any sense
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I've always liked his game, but giving up a first for an expiring???

I guess I could live with our first.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I've always liked his game, but giving up a first for an expiring???

I guess I could live with our first.
I'd guess it would be one or the other, but it does give Boston more options next year while improving the team thus year.  I mean every one seems to think the East is winnable yet no one wants to trade a late 1st for a rental.  It justbdiesnt make any sense

You really think they would give up Hood for just a weak late first rounder? Teams are clearly gonna offer more especially to obtain his bird rights.

Have to think it would take Clippers 1st, and maybe a second rounder.. I mean can we be realistic?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

There is no way that Hood would send Brown to the bench.

Off-topic-
You have 959 TP's in just 1216 posts... HMMMM....

I think brown/hood is debatable who starts. I really like brown but we need more pts and better ft%. They are very similar in every dept with hood scoring 2pts more in 3 less mins this year and shooting over 80% FT while jaylen is like 50 something. I think they would both be great starting or coming from the bench!

As far as my TPs go.....I mostly post and play in PAPOUG which u should play sometime. We could use some new players! Besides PAPOUG i enjoy making up trade ideas. So yes not a ton of posts and many TPs come from PAPOUG......which u should play  ;D

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 09:59:26 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Big 3-Team Trade Idea:

Celtics get: Hood
Celtics get a reliable scorer who gives versatility. I'm not sure what Hood will get in the summer, but there are a lot of guards and wings that will get contracts before him, and there isn't much money to go around.

Hornets get: Rubio, Johnson, Favors, Exum, and Smart
The Hornets could cut Johnson and Favors right away if they want. Rubio fills in as the floor general while the Hornets bottom out for a high pick this year. They get massive cap relief this year and moving forward (something no other team can get that quickly). Meanwhile, they can sign both Smart and Exum to short "prove-it" contract. Both players would have plenty of opportunities and usage to try to find consistency.

Jazz get: Walker, Batum, Williams
The Jazz are one of the only teams with expiring contracts this season. They trade those in for long-term deals and suddenly become a really interesting team in the west.
Starters: Walker-Mitchel-Batum-Williams-Gobert
Reserves: Ingles, Burks, Jerebko, Udoh

I think the Hornets ultimately want Rozier or Yabusele instead of Smart, and the Celtics ultimately pull out because they don't want 2 RFAs this off-season.

But then again, the Cs don't need to be part of this trade if they are giving Smart. The Hornets might rather have Hood and Exum.