Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19  (Read 46540 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:59 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Wow. What an interesting game this will be. A win and Bucks are basically right on the edge.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 02:31:17 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TP FLCF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 03:48:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Must-win game. Can't give the Bucks any life in this series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Don't fall asleep like the dumb Raptors did tonight.

The Celtics have to come out like their down one!

the bucks will treat this as if they are already down 2-0. they lose this they are down 3-0 in their minds. why? because they know then it will be really tough to escape boston and get back home. very slim chance. but this game COULD be toughest of the series.  i  will be busy coaching my team tonight so i will miss game. I will DVR it though. I need everybody in this thread to BRING IT and WILL us to victory!

LET'S GO CELTICS!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 10:27:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
only one way to play

48 minutes of full bore defense

NOT a second of letup .

They are gonna get the same from Giannis

He is no Shaq , they need to be ruff with him

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Don't fall asleep like the dumb Raptors did tonight.

The Celtics have to come out like their down one!

the bucks will treat this as if they are already down 2-0. they lose this they are down 3-0 in their minds. why? because they know then it will be really tough to escape boston and get back home. very slim chance. but this game COULD be toughest of the series.  i  will be busy coaching my team tonight so i will miss game. I will DVR it though. I need everybody in this thread to BRING IT and WILL us to victory!

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Agreed.  We should expect the Bucks to come out like their season is on the line.  I'm interested to see how Budenholzer handles the rotations if they struggle against the Celtics defense in the early going.  I could see him going with Giannis at the 5 for longer stretches.  Lopez is in a tough spot when we have Horford at the 5.  Budenholzer might be better off trying to have Lopez on the floor at the same time as Baynes.

The Brogdon injury can't be overstated IMO.  Without him, the Bucks don't have a lineup with multiple players who can penetrate and shoot from the perimeter.  Our defense can really load up on Giannis while still having time to recover on their perimeter shooters. 

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2019, 11:04:54 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://nesn.com/2019/04/bucks-surprisingly-wont-make-adjustments-after-game-1-loss-to-celtics/

So both Bud and Giannis have claimed that they’re not going to make any adjustments after one game, as they think they’re best when they play the way they’ve played all season.

Perhaps this is a smokescreen, but if not I think this is very good news for us. While game 2 will definitely be closer with them hitting a few more shots and being a bit more familiar with our gameplan, I think their defensive coverage scheme is a major weak point when facing the Celtics, especially the Kyrie/Hayward and Al PnR and PnP when either Lopez or Giannis is guarding Horford. Drop coverage just cannot work with a versatile big like Horford who can score it from all three levels, especially with a slow-footed Giannis.

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Giannis will change nothing ,  if anything he ll attack more , every possession is an attempt to dunk or get fouled .  He is poor shooter, to ask him to shoot more and drive less is a recipe for disaster.

all fouls should count on putting a hurting on The freak .  He should have his bell rung every time he tries to dunk .

He can be muscled and pushed around ,  he an't no Shaq, Celtics need to stay on him and make him play and shoot outside , no dunking easy crap ,  draw the charge on him.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
https://nesn.com/2019/04/bucks-surprisingly-wont-make-adjustments-after-game-1-loss-to-celtics/

So both Bud and Giannis have claimed that they’re not going to make any adjustments after one game, as they think they’re best when they play the way they’ve played all season.

Perhaps this is a smokescreen, but if not I think this is very good news for us. While game 2 will definitely be closer with them hitting a few more shots and being a bit more familiar with our gameplan, I think their defensive coverage scheme is a major weak point when facing the Celtics, especially the Kyrie/Hayward and Al PnR and PnP when either Lopez or Giannis is guarding Horford. Drop coverage just cannot work with a versatile big like Horford who can score it from all three levels, especially with a slow-footed Giannis.

I believe it's a smokescreen, at least when it comes to early game adjustments.  There's no reason for the Bucks to abandon their starting lineup after one bad game, but I expect Budenholzer to pull the plug quickly if they get off to an ugly start. 

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

go celtics

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 12:41:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
BAD NEWS

We are getting Tony Brothers as an official tonight for the game. And the Celtics are 1-8 since 2012 when Tony Brothers is reffing the game. Get ready to throw this game to the dumpster and expect more favoritism on Giannis and the Bucks.

EDIT:

Double bad news. Marc Davis is the other official next to Tony Brothers. Ugh, this game tonight already sucks. Tom Washington is the third.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
BAD NEWS

We are getting Tony Brothers as an official tonight for the game. And the Celtics are 1-8 since 2012 when Tony Brothers is reffing the game. Get ready to throw this game to the dumpster and expect more favoritism on Giannis and the Bucks.

EDIT:

Double bad news. Marc Davis is the other official next to Tony Brothers. Ugh, this game tonight already sucks. Tom Washington is the third.
Expecting the C's to get whistled early and often.  all those blocks we got the last game will be fouls tonight.  bank on it.  if we go 5 minutes into the first quarter and Al doesn't already have 2 fouls called on him I'll be amazed.  I would not be surprised to see Williams get a few minutes tonight due to foul trouble on Al and Baynes.  Giannis will eat Theis up in no time.  figure Brad will have little choice but to try to get 4-5 minutes out of Williams.

would absolutely love to be proven wrong about this tonight but I'm expecting the worst case scenario

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
BAD NEWS

EDIT:

Expecting the C's to get whistled early and often.  all those blocks we got the last game will be fouls tonight.  bank on it.  if we go 5 minutes into the first quarter and Al doesn't already have 2 fouls called on him I'll be amazed.  I would not be surprised to see Williams get a few minutes tonight due to foul trouble on Al and Baynes.  Giannis will eat Theis up in no time.  figure Brad will have little choice but to try to get 4-5 minutes out of Williams.

would absolutely love to be proven wrong about this tonight but I'm expecting the worst case scenario

Smart just fouled out.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 01:23:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm going to sit on my couch for the next 6 and a half hours, until the game starts.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
TP FLCeltsFan!

LETS GO C'S!!  ;D

With Tony Brothers reffing this game, it pretty much adds a bit of pressure for us as we will have to try and shoot really well. I don't know if playing physical defense is going to work as well as Game 1 if the game isn't called fairly with stupid Tony. Even Game 1 felt fairly one-sided BUT I appreciated the refs letting them play even amidst some chaos and letting them get physical (especially Horford + Baynes on Giannis). If the refs come into play, then we're just going to have to shoot well otherwise it could be a sluggish dogfight that we'll be on the losing end of.

This is a must-win for Milwaukee, and so I expect them to try and come out on a fast pace. They didn't start Game 1 well, and they'll certainly try to avoid that in Game 2. What we're going to have to do is play a full 48 minutes and weather their runs. We did a great job of not letting the Bucks 15-0 2nd quarter run be our eventual downfall in Game 1. It's a game of runs and we'll just have to answer them throughout. I love Hayward and the team's mindset though, that "they didn't just want one win at MIL, they want two." This is a gut feeling, but while Kyrie has still been fantastic so far these playoffs, I'm feeling a monster night from him (35+ points) and we may need it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller