Author Topic: Super Bowl XLVI - Pats (13-3) vs Giants (9-7) 02/05  (Read 66170 times)

Re: Super Bowl XLVI - Pats (13-3) vs Giants (9-7) 02/05
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I've been getting more and more excited and more and more nervous!

Cant' wait!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I've been getting more and more excited and more and more nervous!

Cant' wait!

TP. And its on my birthday! I called it already, Brady gets me my best bday present to date.  ;D
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 01:34:21 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
why is there two Super-Bowl threads? Anywho I got Giants over Patriots 27-21

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 01:44:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The other thread is for predictions specifically, this is the game thread.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 01:45:56 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

The other thread is for predictions, this is the game thread.

uh ok

Pats gonna get rocked on Sunday. I believe in Eli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME_ZDP8gts0

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 04:09:40 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

The Patriots players have been touching Myra's picture as they enter and exit games and practices this year ...

... Myra's spirit will take this team to the trophy ... it's just plain meant to be.

Let the Giants keep running their mouths, New England will make their statement on the field.

Go Patriots!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 11:10:34 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If I were the Pats I'd plan to run the ball down their frikkin throats. I'd put some of Tebow's triple option plays in (but without Brady going anywhere. Just kinda acting like he will).  I'd have Nate Solder go out for passes. I'd run wildcat with Julian Edelmen.  I'd do that funky QB sneak for 4 yards thing. I'd run 2 minute drill, then suddenly stop, then do it again. (The Giants are like worst in the league at defending the 2 minute drill). I'd put Hoyer in there for a play for no reason whatsoever just to freak them out, then line up people wide and run the thing, possibly the option.

I think the offensive line is going to have to win. I am looking at Vollmer or Solder to make the difference.

On defense if Edelmen has to cover anyone I think the plan should be to pray. I don't see how we get out of this one

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Patriots will do single coverage on Manningham and rotate doubleing either Cruz of Nicks. Edleman won't single cover Hakeem Nicks or Victor Cruz guys guys... ::)

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 12:10:13 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
lets go PATS!!!

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP for the OP.

Go Pats!!!

The Giants will be Gronked on Sunday... perfect revenge from 2008 (2007 season) Pats 17 Giants 14

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
TP for the OP.

Go Pats!!!

The Giants will be Gronked on Sunday... perfect revenge from 2008 (2007 season) Pats 17 Giants 14
Thanks ... back atcha.

I feel that despite the horrible way the Pats' defense started the season, that a stellar performance will actually secure this win.

MVP will be either Wilfork, Brady or Welker ... a lot has been made of the Gronk injury, but this team still has a superb receiver in Wes, a freak of a TE in Hernandez, an awesome RB with BJGE, and multi-purpose guys like Edelman and Woodhead.

I think New England just has too many options to throw at opponents, and with the hurry-up will keep the Giants on their heels.

Whatever happens, this is what every fan hopes for, to see their team in the Super Bowl, and they've already far exceeded my expectations for them this year.

Here's hoping.

Go Patriots!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 06:00:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think New England just has too many options to throw at opponents

NE has a lot of options for certain.  But more options than the Giants?  I'm not buying that.  If we're talking just strictly offense, I think the Giants overall collection of weapons is slightly better. 

Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham are as deadly a collection of recievers as there is right now.  Defenses really have to pick thier poison with who they want to take away.  They are every bit the equals of Gronk, Welker, and Hernandez.  The difference to me is, Ballard vs. Branch.  Ballard is an often over-looked but solid pass catcher, while Branch gets the nod in experience. I think Ballard has a greater opportunity to expose matchup weaknesses vs the oppossing defense though.

And while even though the Giants ended up with the lowest ranked rushing game in the NFL this season, I still feel Bradshaw and Jacobs are a little bit better than the collection of Patriots' RB's.  Neither team relies much on thier rushing game, but overall, the Giants have shown more willingness to at least attempt to have balance to thier offense.

In the end though, I still feel the difference in this game is going to come down to which defense is better able to contain the opposing offense.  I just think the Giants D is playing a little better right now, and should be able to limit NE's offense enough to allow Eli to work his 4th quarter magic once again.

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

GO PATRIOTS!

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I think New England just has too many options to throw at opponents

NE has a lot of options for certain.  But more options than the Giants?  I'm not buying that.  If we're talking just strictly offense, I think the Giants overall collection of weapons is slightly better.  

Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham are as deadly a collection of recievers as there is right now.  Defenses really have to pick thier poison with who they want to take away.  They are every bit the equals of Gronk, Welker, and Hernandez.  The difference to me is, Ballard vs. Branch.  Ballard is an often over-looked but solid pass catcher, while Branch gets the nod in experience. I think Ballard has a greater opportunity to expose matchup weaknesses vs the oppossing defense though.

And while even though the Giants ended up with the lowest ranked rushing game in the NFL this season, I still feel Bradshaw and Jacobs are a little bit better than the collection of Patriots' RB's.  Neither team relies much on thier rushing game, but overall, the Giants have shown more willingness to at least attempt to have balance to thier offense.

In the end though, I still feel the difference in this game is going to come down to which defense is better able to contain the opposing offense.  I just think the Giants D is playing a little better right now, and should be able to limit NE's offense enough to allow Eli to work his 4th quarter magic once again.
I didn't say more options than the Giants, I said "too many to throw at opponents".

With their receiving corps, (two of the best TE's in the league, a proven veteran, and this year's leading wide-out in yardage), multi-faceted players like Woodhead, Edelman, and Ridley, (who can confuse opponents with many different sets), ends that can line up as backs, (who are also superb blockers), an extra-effort RB and vet straight-ahead runner, (BJGE and Faulk), and a superior QB who runs the hurry-up and two-minute drill as well as anyone ever has, the Giants defense will not only be out of breath and on their heels, but on the field for extended periods, and that's the best way to beat Eli, by not giving him time to get comfortable, or time enough to figure out the numerous defensive sets that the Patriots can throw at him.

I think the Giants and a majority of the press is underestimating this Pats team, especially defensively, (as they now have most of their injured players back), and that over-confidence is something New England has been proven to take advantage of time and time again.

I agree that it will come down to the pass rush, but this is not the same Patriots defense that started the year, and I think selling them short will be New York's undoing.

It should be a fun game no matter what the outcome, and I'm happy just to have gotten to Indianapolis ... as I stated earlier, New England has already outdone my expectations, (I doubted their success in the first playoff matchup), so anything more is just gravy for me. ;)

TP for the great post, and well-stated opinion.

* BAHKU MUSIC *