Author Topic: Patriots (2-0) at Bills (2-0) 9/25  (Read 13931 times)

Re: Patriots (2-0) at Bills (2-0) 9/25
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
It all comes down to defense.  Brady had a bad game.  Even the best players in the world no matter what sport can have bad games.

But think about it...Brady obviously had a tough game and yet even with him throwing 4 picks, the Pats still scored 31 points.

We know what the offense can do and we've asked constantly, if Brady has a bad game, is the defense good enough to help cover it up?...right now, absolutely not.

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2011, 06:01:39 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The Bills are a good team this year.  No great shame in losing to them on the road.  Just gives the Pats an idea of what things they need to work on.

Hopefully this fires up the team and makes them want to work even harder.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2011, 06:16:25 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
As I said earlier, Brady will get most of the blame for this, but I don't really think he had a "bad" game ... maybe by his standards, but 387 yards passing and 31 points?

First pick: ball was thrown correctly, receiver batted it up, defensive player caught it.

Second pick: Ball was thrown to the correct place, Ocho-Stinko was out of position, not watching the ball, defensive player was watching the ball.

Third pick: Brady forced it and under-threw, (bad pass).

Fourth pick: Same as first pick, well-thrown ball, receiver bats it into the air, ball drops into defender's hands.

Blame where blame is due, but let's keep it in perspective.

The Pats defense was incredibly porous, they didn't pressure Fitzy at all in the second half, and the tackling was horrendous. As far as 85 goes, if you're a "big-time star" receiver, I don't care how many times you don't get thrown to, you've still got to be ready for the big play, and his drops are getting chronic. That would've won the game right there, and the throw was perfect, IMO he deserves at least as much blame as Brady, (as does this struggling defense).
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
well, I wouldnt say his drops are becoming chronic considering he gets targeted 2-4 times a game...but that drop was a horrendous drop...that should be an easy catch for a receiver.but I think we wouldve lost as long as the Bills had the last posession

when you score 31points in a game, you should end up winning. But  the game is tied, the clock is winding down and you give up deep passes to put the opposing team in field-goal range

Ochocinco needs to just PLAY...he seems like hes overthinking everything out there and ends up making stupid mistakes

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
(ahem)

Bills game - a trap game?

I am rarely right, but I hate it when I am.

I put this on Brady and 85. I could rag on the defense as well, but ... its hard when the offense gives the ball to the other team 4 times during the game.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2011, 08:15:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
BTW, hats off to the Bills.

They have one of the best records in football (so far) and have put together two very impressive come-from-behind wins. They have a better record than the Pats, Jets and Dolphins. I never would have thought it possible 3 weeks ago...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2011, 08:39:34 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

They have one of the best records in football (so far) and have put together two very impressive come-from-behind wins. They have a better record than the Pats, Jets and Dolphins. I never would have thought it possible 3 weeks ago...

The Bills are definitely a good team.  I think they're better than the Jets this year.  They have a legit QB, a legit RB, and a very good arsenal of receiving options.  Their defense isn't great, however.  They kind of remind me of the Saints, though not as good.

I think when all is said and done, the Pats will win the division again, but the Bills and Jets will be very close at the end of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills' youth catches up with them and they stumble a bit down the stretch -- but things are definitely looking good for them going forward.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Howin the world did the Pats lose that TO?

Yeah, I'd like that one explained ... I don't get that at all. Huge call.
I heard on the radio the reporters asking Bill about it and he says "I took it." Then repeated himself, then said "I took a time out. What don't you understand about it". Not a single reporter had the cajones to say "Well it just seemed like an incredibly stupid timeout to take at that time".

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Howin the world did the Pats lose that TO?

Yeah, I'd like that one explained ... I don't get that at all. Huge call.
I heard on the radio the reporters asking Bill about it and he says "I took it." Then repeated himself, then said "I took a time out. What don't you understand about it". Not a single reporter had the cajones to say "Well it just seemed like an incredibly stupid timeout to take at that time".

That's bizarre, 'cuz he was ripping into the official big-time immediately following the whistle, like he had not wanted a TO at all ... strange. ???
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2011, 07:34:30 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Fred Jackson was down in bounds on the play, had Bill not taken a timeout the clock would have started running after the review.  Taking a timeout then is the same as taking it after third down or whenever else.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2011, 08:54:16 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

The Bills are definitely a good team.  I think they're better than the Jets this year.  They have a legit QB, a legit RB, and a very good arsenal of receiving options.  Their defense isn't great, however.  They kind of remind me of the Saints, though not as good.

I think when all is said and done, the Pats will win the division again, but the Bills and Jets will be very close at the end of the season.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills' youth catches up with them and they stumble a bit down the stretch -- but things are definitely looking good for them going forward.

Yes.  Also, suddenly that January 1 game (last reg season game) against the Bills looks more important!

The Pats now face a couple of tough games (Oakland, Jets). But Im betting our guys will bounce back okay from the loss.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2011, 09:26:35 AM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
As I said earlier, Brady will get most of the blame for this, but I don't really think he had a "bad" game ... maybe by his standards, but 387 yards passing and 31 points?

First pick: ball was thrown correctly, receiver batted it up, defensive player caught it.

Second pick: Ball was thrown to the correct place, Ocho-Stinko was out of position, not watching the ball, defensive player was watching the ball.

Third pick: Brady forced it and under-threw, (bad pass).

Fourth pick: Same as first pick, well-thrown ball, receiver bats it into the air, ball drops into defender's hands.

Blame where blame is due, but let's keep it in perspective.

The Pats defense was incredibly porous, they didn't pressure Fitzy at all in the second half, and the tackling was horrendous. As far as 85 goes, if you're a "big-time star" receiver, I don't care how many times you don't get thrown to, you've still got to be ready for the big play, and his drops are getting chronic. That would've won the game right there, and the throw was perfect, IMO he deserves at least as much blame as Brady, (as does this struggling defense).

First ball, bad throw. Too hurried.
Second throw, bad throw. No separation from defender.
Third throw, agreed.
Fourth throw, bad throw. Right at defender's shoulder.

Brady's play was sloppy. Needs to stop worrying about his hair and get his head in the game.
And offense needs to use running game more for balance. They have more weapons with Ridley and the other guy.
The defense stinks.