Author Topic: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0  (Read 10322 times)

Re: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.

Aaaaaron was who I thought he was up until Chicago gave the game away.  Don't worry your Pack won't be sniffing the playoffs no matter how many people want to say Rogers is better than Favre.

On the other hand there's a decent chance that Adrian Peterson will run the Vikes into the playoffs and we'll get to see another 4 interception game from Brett followed by another off season of crying and musical retirement chairs.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.

Why are you a former Packers fan?

I should have phrased it better. I should have said I'm taking a hiatus from the pack until Teddo is gone. I havn't liked him since the day he passed on Jim Bates as head coach. Then he gave Moss to NE and focused just on the draft. Mind you I still hoped for the best for the team until the Favre thing went down and the org lied to everyone saying he could compete for the job. That was it for me and I decided that I wasn't going to watch garbage football and have misplaced hope like the rest of the fans in a team that is never going to be good enough. And I know #4 wasn't exactly an angel either but I feel that the blame was more on the org than Favre. Just my opinion.
I just don't see him making this team a contender. They may make the playoffs but they will never be elite due to his style of management.  
It may sound like twisted logic and maybe it is. But I can't bring myself to hope for people that I dislike to succeed. I dont think I'm going to miss out on anything this year 7-9 is my prediction.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
If that Packer defense last night proves to be no fluke over the next 5 to 7 games, the Pack is back. 

Duh duh duh duh duh duh Go Pack Go!   ;D

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 12:57:58 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I should have phrased it better. I should have said I'm taking a hiatus from the pack until Teddo is gone. I havn't liked him since the day he passed on Jim Bates as head coach. Then he gave Moss to NE and focused just on the draft. Mind you I still hoped for the best for the team until the Favre thing went down and the org lied to everyone saying he could compete for the job. That was it for me and I decided that I wasn't going to watch garbage football and have misplaced hope like the rest of the fans in a team that is never going to be good enough. And I know #4 wasn't exactly an angel either but I feel that the blame was more on the org than Favre. Just my opinion.
I just don't see him making this team a contender. They may make the playoffs but they will never be elite due to his style of management.  
It may sound like twisted logic and maybe it is. But I can't bring myself to hope for people that I dislike to succeed. I dont think I'm going to miss out on anything this year 7-9 is my prediction.
Hey, Brett.  I didn't know you were on CelticsBlog.   ;)

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 01:01:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm kinda pulling for both horses here. I want the Broncos to win, but at the same time I want Cutler to be alright.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

Hey, Brett.  I didn't know you were on CelticsBlog.   ;)

You caught me. After this year I'm comming out of retirement to play PF for Boston :P
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Aaaaaron was who I thought he was up until Chicago gave the game away.  Don't worry your Pack won't be sniffing the playoffs no matter how many people want to say Rogers is better than Favre.

On the other hand there's a decent chance that Adrian Peterson will run the Vikes into the playoffs and we'll get to see another 4 interception game from Brett followed by another off season of crying and musical retirement chairs.

Good point AP is the best RB in the league but, aaaaaaaaaaron rogers had 6 wins last year and had a ' great ' year as per the media and favre haters.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 01:49:59 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I dunno, I guess you could say a great year may be not having your teamates go to the media saying they dont want you back.  I bet Favre would have wished for that kind of year last year
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I agree the Jets have been winning championships for years prior to Favre showing up...

6 wins = great is what I commented on.  7 wins would be really great?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Just Announced on NFL live,

Feeley to carolina,

Jeff Garcia to Philly

Derrick Brooks to bears
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 05:22:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Feeley to carolina,

Jeff Garcia to Philly

Derrick Brooks to bears

Pretty much confirms my theory that reid floating a one or two week turn around for the rib is crap, they wouldn't make a move like that if they thought Mcnabb would be back that soon.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Feeley to carolina,

Jeff Garcia to Philly

Derrick Brooks to bears

Pretty much confirms my theory that reid floating a one or two week turn around for the rib is crap, they wouldn't make a move like that if they thought Mcnabb would be back that soon.

They needed a bridge until Vick comes back from his suspension. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:05 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Feeley to carolina,

Jeff Garcia to Philly

Derrick Brooks to bears

They needed a bridge until Vick comes back from his suspension. 

Kolb can't give you one lousy game?

Vick's eligible after week 2. I think it's far more likely they are pulling a pats and hiding what they know is a 6+ week injury, most likely a broken rib low in his torso.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 05:44:40 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Oh sure, the Broncos were lucky to win, and I don't care much about the Broncos-- EXCEPT that every time they win it's a reminder of what an egotist Cutler is. He's a talented QB (although not nearly so talented ashe thinks he is) and the Bears may do fine with him, but he's still a jerk and I'm rooting against him every week.

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Cutler played a really good defense. I'm sure he'll do better.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6