Author Topic: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0  (Read 10322 times)

Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Jay Cutler is a copnceited jerk and I was delighted to see him throw four picks and lose.

Re: Josh McDaniels 1, Jay Cutler 0
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yup, though its hard to give McDaniels too much credit when they beat the Bengals on an extremely fluky play.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Jay Cutler is a copnceited jerk and I was delighted to see him throw four picks and lose.

Tough to argue there. I don't think there's another young QB i want to crash and burn more, despite him being on one of my fantasy teams.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18:27 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I have never been a fan of Cutler. I think he is going to crash and burn in Chicago...Besides, McDaniels wasnted Cassell over Cutler in the first place and all we got was a lousy 2nd round pick, while Denver raked in the riches from Chicago.

So I say, yes, McDaniels is winning the battle so far, but wait until all of the picks they received from Chicago have panned out and then we should see this more of a dominating trade.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:19:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Tough to argue there. I don't think there's another young QB i want to crash and burn more, despite him being on one of my fantasy teams.
I think he'll be fine. He was taking stupid chances when pressured in the first half. In the second he ran when in trouble or just took sacks.

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Cutler is better than any QB on Denvers roster.

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:39:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It was a pretty terrible game, but he also made some good throws.  It's his first game in a new offense, and his skill players are all young and very inexperienced.  Yes, that's making excuses, as he made some truly terrible decisions.  However, I think he'll be fine in the long run.

As for who "won" the trade, let's see how Denver's picks turn out.  Chicago ended up with an above-average starting QB, regardless of a bad game.  There's no guarantee that any of the guys drafted by Denver ever contribute meaningfully over the course of a season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 10:46:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
It was a pretty terrible game, but he also made some good throws.  It's his first game in a new offense, and his skill players are all young and very inexperienced.  Yes, that's making excuses, as he made some truly terrible decisions.  However, I think he'll be fine in the long run.

As for who "won" the trade, let's see how Denver's picks turn out.  Chicago ended up with an above-average starting QB, regardless of a bad game.  There's no guarantee that any of the guys drafted by Denver ever contribute meaningfully over the course of a season.
Pittsburgh's next, can't say I'm not worried....

Especially since the Bear's left guard couldn't block anyone all night, and they also lost two starting LBs already.

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Pittsburgh's next, can't say I'm not worried....

Especially since the Bear's left guard couldn't block anyone all night, and they also lost two starting LBs already.

They'll be fine.  Even if they drop the next game, plenty of teams have bounced back from 0-2 starts.  The team just needs some time to gel.

(That's what I'm telling myself, and I'm sticking to it.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Cutler didnt look great yesterday.  But last season he was a top 10 quarterback.  He will be fine, its just unfortunate he didnt have a better debut. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 11:05:45 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I hope for more of the same.

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 11:08:06 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176

He looks like a puffy frat boy whose mommy just told him she's not paying for his trip to Cancun.

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:52 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I want Thompson to be fired in the worst way and Jay didn't help matters last night >:( Oh well I will just have to live for the next few weeks listening tomy former fellow packer fans talk about how they are going to win it all. In a way I guess this makes the inevitable that much more sweet when reality sets in for them.

Why are you a former Packers fan?

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..

Aaaaaron was who I thought he was up until Chicago gave the game away.  Don't worry your Pack won't be sniffing the playoffs no matter how many people want to say Rogers is better than Favre.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10