Author Topic: So Who Gets Cut?  (Read 6309 times)

Re: So Who Gets Cut?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yes i can disagree with stats becuase i watch the game, his big yard games are at the end of blowouts. He doesn't run like he did in college and he never will. Maroney not only misses alot of games but he shows his injuries when he tries to play through them.

That play of him ducking out of bounds to avoid contact when he could have lowered the shoulder for the 1st down. I can accept that out of a 1st round draft pick.

The last time he was healthy he ran for 100+ in 4 of the last 6 years of the 18-1 year. In the playoffs thats year against the Jags and Chargers (both very good defenses), he ran for 122 yards in each of those games before being shut down in the SB. He has shown he can be very good in big games, and when healthy puts up numbers.

That paly your talking about when he went out of bounds, he shouldnt of even been playing last year period, but tried playing through the pain the first 3 games. Nobody but him or the team know what kind of pain he was trying to play with, so you cant call him soft if you have no idea what injury he had.

You want him cut because you dont like him or the way he runs, not because it would be best for the team. Im far from his biggest fan, but you are selling him short, he makes the team better when he is healthy.

I don't not like the kid i've been defending him the whole time, up until know, thats why i know my facts. So what if he had 100+ yards in blowout wins.

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 01:23:10 AM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
I don't not like the kid i've been defending him the whole time, up until know, thats why i know my facts. So what if he had 100+ yards in blowout wins.

To be fair only one was a blowout win. The scores in those last 4 games where he went for 100+ yards were 20-10, 28-7 (Which he ran for 100 yards in the first half helping cause the blowout), 31-20, and 21-12. The last two were playoff games and probably the biggest games of his career up to that point, and he was great in both of them. I know it seems like cherry picking but its really not, its the stats from the last time he was healthy.

Im not even arguing that he is a great or even very good RB, but why cut a guy who has proven to be a weapon for you and is only 24?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:41:20 AM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 07:53:04 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
People are suggesting cutting Maroney because he is towards the end of the depth chart.  That being said, he can contribute to special teams (in kick return).  Also, he actually costs the pats more cap room if they cut him then if he plays (1.77 million cap figure, 2.115 million cap hit if he is cut). 

The problem the team faces is they cant really keep 5 rb's.  Kevin Faulk is safe.  Fred Taylor is safe.  Then you have to decide between 2 of the 3 of (Maroney, Morris, Benjarvus).  Morris has shown he can help, although he has been injured all year and has done nothing.  Benjarvus has run very well, so you would assume the kid has a spot. 

Reiss has all 5 making the team.