Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25618 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
LOL Kyrie definitely was a problem.

But LISTEN to what Rozier was saying. He literally is saying I wasn't happy with my role and I deserved a bigger one and more touches. This on a team where he's playing behind an all NBA player that though itself a Finals contender.

This is AFTER a season he had a .500 TS%. Just a toxic attitude, one of many on this team. Blame Kyrie all you want Rozier could have responded like Marcus and he didn't.

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kick rocks Rozier. Should have traded him at the deadline or last offseason.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:07 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Rozier is what kyrie was talking about.  If your good enough show it and don’t talk about it.  He had his chance...he and Tatum curled up into a ball and wusses out

No, throwing up shots that barely catch the rim while the other teams smother you with bodies, and you're too dumb to pass the [dang] ball 4 games in a row to end everone's season is being a wuss.

A very hard-headed one at that...who also is dumb enough to say he was taught and knows science, but stupid enough to reject it to the media.
Killing Kyrie for poor shot selection to defend Rozier is something.

Take a look at who put the ball in the hoop and who didn't.

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 12:05:43 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

But LISTEN to what Rozier was saying. He literally is saying I wasn't happy with my role and I deserved a bigger one and more touches. This on a team where he's playing behind an all NBA player that though itself a Finals contender.

This is AFTER a season he had a .500 TS%. Just a toxic attitude, one of many on this team. Blame Kyrie all you want Rozier could have responded like Marcus and he didn't.

News flash...any player can hit that shot in the finals after Lebron drags you there.

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

You guys are blind, man.  Completely ...from all the Kyrie-jockin

I agree with some of what you said.  People who only read the quotes will assume that Rozier wants out of Boston no matter what.  What I took away from the interview is that he wants no part of returning to the same roster situation.

When it comes to placing blame for the teams struggles, I generally believe that Tatum, Brown, and Rozier came into the season overconfident and entitled.  Their lack of urgency, in addition to the return of Hayward, was the main reason for the difficult 10-10 start.  After that is where Kyrie's attitude comes into play.  As I've mentioned in other threads, the young guys would have had no choice but to blame themselves if Kyrie had acted like a professional.  Instead, Kyrie gave them an excuse to point the finger elsewhere.  Jaylen ended up overcoming the drama, while Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum allowed it to fester for the entire season.

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 12:08:17 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
You can tell Terry is not trying to be bitter, he’s trying to be honest and accurate.

His discussion about how the coaches never tried to make adjustments with Hayward and Irving was most interesting to me. Second most interesting was when he sort of called out Brad’s rotations.

This is ugly! There was clearly a lot rotten on this team.

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2019, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Rozier is what kyrie was talking about.  If your good enough show it and don’t talk about it.  He had his chance...he and Tatum curled up into a ball and wusses out

No, throwing up shots that barely catch the rim while the other teams smother you with bodies, and you're too dumb to pass the [dang] ball 4 games in a row to end everone's season is being a wuss.

A very hard-headed one at that...who also is dumb enough to say he was taught and knows science, but stupid enough to reject it to the media.
Killing Kyrie for poor shot selection to defend Rozier is something.

Take a look at who put the ball in the hoop and who didn't.

Take a look at who shot us out of a season 4 games in a row because he's a point and KNOWS it...but refuses to BE one.

Then take a look at the other player coming off the bench as an undersized wing told to shoot long 3's by his coach.

And don't even try to say Brad doesn't encourage those bone-headed shots.

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

News flash...any player can hit that shot in the finals after Lebron drags you there.
Weird no one told the 2017-2018 Cavs that  ;D

But then again you think the C's never get deflections so you and I are probably on different shards of the multiverse.

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2019, 12:13:12 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Watch that game again - the *whole* game. Kyrie made play after play to keep the Cavs in it. LBJ actually had a pretty mediocre game.

More to the point, last year Kyrie's true shooting % was nine points higher than Rozier. Nine. That is not a small gap.

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2019, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Terry Rozier helped shoot Boston out of the Game 7 vs the Cavs last year. Tatum was playing very well and instead of getting the ball to him he shot...and shot...and shot.

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:54 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Terry Rozier just now on @FirstTake about the sacrifices he made this season:

"The ball in was either Kyrie or Gordon Hayward's hands most of the time. So, I feel like Terry Rozier is just in the corner or on the bench."

https://twitter.com/darren_hartwell/status/1128315689679429632

He's talking about himself in the third person. This is absurd. He is absurd.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

I agree with some of what you said.  People who only read the quotes will assume that Rozier wants out of Boston no matter what.  What I took away from the interview is that he wants no part of returning to the same roster situation.

When it comes to placing blame for the teams struggles, I generally believe that Tatum, Brown, and Rozier came into the season overconfident and entitled.  Their lack of urgency, in addition to the return of Hayward, was the main reason for the difficult 10-10 start.  After that is where Kyrie's attitude comes into play.  As I've mentioned in other threads, the young guys would have had no choice but to blame themselves if Kyrie had acted like a professional.  Instead, Kyrie gave them an excuse to point the finger elsewhere.  Jaylen ended up overcoming the drama, while Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum allowed it to fester for the entire season.

Their overconfidence only lasted until they were 10-10 though, as Smart and Morris were inserted as starters.

I'm ok with their overconfidence though.  That is just one thing in a long line of things that young guys eventually learn.

This fan base was fortunate enough to draft a few quality young guys but somehow think they should play like 6 year players...and be allstars while their point guard can't seem to pass the ball to anyone like a puppy with a bone.

Like I said the other day, it's exasperating reading Kyrie fans.

10 times worse than Kobe fans.  Atleast Kobe WAS worth it and seen nearly as good as Jordan.

Kyrie basically looks and plays like a Harlem globetrotter.

All flash and no substance...especially when it counts.

And this is their God.

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Terry Rozier just now on @FirstTake about the sacrifices he made this season:

"The ball in was either Kyrie or Gordon Hayward's hands most of the time. So, I feel like Terry Rozier is just in the corner or on the bench."

https://twitter.com/darren_hartwell/status/1128315689679429632

He's talking about himself in the third person. This is absurd. He is absurd.

Sounds like the relative success he had at the tail end of last season went to his head. Delusions of grandeur.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rozier has to be one of my all time least favorite Celtics.

Kyrie's not far behind.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 12:21:48 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Their overconfidence only lasted until they were 10-10 though, as Smart and Morris were inserted as starters.

I'm ok with their overconfidence though.  That is just one thing in a long line of things that young guys eventually learn.

This fan base was fortunate enough to draft a few quality young guys but somehow think they should play like 6 year players...and be allstars while their point guard can't seem to pass the ball to anyone like a puppy with a bone.

Like I said the other day, it's exasperating reading Kyrie fans.

10 times worse than Kobe fans.  Atleast Kobe WAS worth it and seen nearly as good as Jordan.

Kyrie basically looks and plays like a Harlem globetrotter.

If that's true, Terry looks and plays like a Washington General.