Author Topic: Morris just put the ball in the basket  (Read 2073 times)

Morris just put the ball in the basket
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:44:15 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
You play better with a chip on your shoulder and if you have a nagging injury -please rest -everything was front rim you cost us the game with poor shooting
who cares about what seed we get
We need to get out of first round

Re: Morris just put the ball in the basket
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
All the idiotism of Morris came out last night. It was just the matter or of time.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:16:19 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
All the idiotism of Morris came out last night. It was just the matter or of time.

So he has four straight 20-point games... comes in and has an off night and that’s inevitable “idiotism?”

Overreact much?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

So he has four straight 20-point games... comes in and has an off night and that’s inevitable “idiotism?”

Overreact much?

Nope. His idiotism is present all the time, just well hidden by Stevens. Last night even Brad was helpless. Watch the stats carefuly:

http://www.82games.com/1718/1718BOS.HTM

here with more details:

http://www.82games.com/1718/17BOS14.HTM

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 03:29:26 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

These images have been great.  Safe to say that you've boarded the Morris train? 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

These images have been great.  Safe to say that you've boarded the Morris train?

I have great affection for everyone on this team who's not named Nader. I hope like hell in the playoffs we can just ride Morris on the odd night that he's feeling it instead of having to routinely rely on him, though.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 06:19:01 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
Morris is a good player to have on your bench. He can create his own shot and is capable of carrying the offense for a time. That is useful, especially for a team like the Celts that only has one bona fide offensive star in Kyrie. He is inconsistent. He is not efficient enough. He takes excessively difficult shots. Those things are all true. But if he was consistent, efficient, and took only good looks he would be a star and wouldn't be available as a bench player on a favorable contract. Oh by the way, he can defend pretty well too. He is a high quality bench player and he makes the Celts better.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Morris is a good player to have on your bench. He can create his own shot and is capable of carrying the offense for a time. That is useful, especially for a team like the Celts that only has one bona fide offensive star in Kyrie. He is inconsistent. He is not efficient enough. He takes excessively difficult shots. Those things are all true. But if he was consistent, efficient, and took only good looks he would be a star and wouldn't be available as a bench player on a favorable contract. Oh by the way, he can defend pretty well too. He is a high quality bench player and he makes the Celts better.

I was actually really impressed with his defense last night.

Locked in.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 07:00:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Morris has trouble when he has to pass the ball.

He is not used to passing the ball, so he has no experience at it.

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 02:53:20 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

Finally! Problem detected. ;) This is the source of all other troubles he does to this team, especially ball movement. It always stops at Morris.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 06:22:56 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Finally! Problem detected. ;) This is the source of all other troubles he does to this team, especially ball movement. It always stops at Morris.

It’s an odd take. Morris touches the ball 46 times per game, 5th on the team. He averages only 2.1 seconds per touch, which is less than everyone but Semi, Theis and Baynes in the rotation.  He’s fifth on the team in passes made.

The guy doesn’t hold the ball often.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 07:16:18 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • CroCeltics

It’s an odd take. Morris touches the ball 46 times per game, 5th on the team. He averages only 2.1 seconds per touch, which is less than everyone but Semi, Theis and Baynes in the rotation.  He’s fifth on the team in passes made.

I know, cause he shoots immidiately.

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

not really, he only shoots 11 times per game and that's down almost 1 1/2 shots from last season in Det. 11 times out of 46 touches doesn't sound high to me. He only shoots 11 shots per game and that's with him taking more shots since guys went down.

I will say this though, just from a quick glance over boxscores, it seems the more he shoots, the more we lose. Again, only a quick rundown, it seems that we lose a lot of games where Morris shoots 12 or more shots. We have won some but it usually doesn't bode well for us if Morris has to take more than his 11 shots per. I'd even goes as far as saying if he shoots more than 11 shots in a game, the games we win are usually against the bottom feeders.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 08:53:05 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

It seems like this is the case.  When he checks into the game my friend and I guess how long it will take before he jacks up his first shot.  Rarely does it go past the team’s second possession.