24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145629 times)

Re: This is why I don't want to sign Kyrie
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
“Judge us when we have our full lineup,” Irving said. “But obviously when we come out and play like this with a bunch of young guys down the stretch, figuring things out … things are bound to happen but there’s no excuses.”

It's getting tiring to listen to
Is that after the Charlotte game? A young guy who you conveniently ignored in crunch time was scorching hot and carried you guys throughout the game.

seriously

Brown without a shot in the last 3 mins, because Irving doesn't understand how to win

It is also in some ways Brown fault

he should run up to Irving and demand the ball

ummm irving wasn't on the floor when the players gave up the huge lead we had. scal even said "i was hoping irving wouldn't have to come back in the game".

so the guy tries to do what he can to win the game and we ostracize him for pointing out the facts. this fan base doesn't deserve a superstar.

When Irving enters with about 4-5 min left.. Didn't the Celtics still have a 10 point lead?

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Unless Kyrie is going to play properly in the playoffs

No interest in resigning him

He doesnt know how to win leading a team. A far better robin than batman

Liability on the defensive end late in games

Doesnt pass the ball with less than 3 min left....  look at me everybody mentality

This is mostly on target. The problem is we aren't going anywhere without Kyrie either. Too many ball stoppers on this team. We're the new home of ego's are us. Morris, Tatum, Rozier, Brown, Kyrie.

Too many poor passers, but more importantly too many reluctant passers. They pass the ball when their one on one attempt gets shut-down.

We must come to the realization that the system we are running, isn't for this team. It's built for a team that DA and Stevens may want, but don't have.

And again, last year the East was a terribly weak division. Forget the EC finals of last year.

weak EC? maybe. but we played and beat at least 2 of top 4-5 teams in the east in the playoffs.

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
“Judge us when we have our full lineup,” Irving said. “But obviously when we come out and play like this with a bunch of young guys down the stretch, figuring things out … things are bound to happen but there’s no excuses.”

Is that after the Charlotte game? A young guy who you conveniently ignored in crunch time was scorching hot and carried you guys throughout the game.

seriously

Brown without a shot in the last 3 mins, because Irving doesn't understand how to win

ummm irving wasn't on the floor when the players gave up the huge lead we had. scal even said "i was hoping irving wouldn't have to come back in the game".

so the guy tries to do what he can to win the game and we ostracize him for pointing out the facts. this fan base doesn't deserve a superstar.

When Irving enters with about 4-5 min left.. Didn't the Celtics still have a 10 point lead?

oh ok... he blew the 10 pt lead, so they split the difference and each take half the blame. i'm sure having tatum defend their best player had nothing to do with that.

I get it, you have an agenda.

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Still waiting to see what April/May brings.  Even after all the crap of the past few months, my gut still tells me this is a switch team.

But yesterday absolutely sucked.  Tatum, Rozier, & Kryie all droves me nuts at some point. 

Playoffs can't come soon enough.  See what this team really is with some true do or die basketball.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

seriously

oh ok... he blew the 10 pt lead, so they split the difference and each take half the blame. i'm sure having tatum defend their best player had nothing to do with that.

Did Irving help build that 20 point lead?

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2019, 01:08:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Still waiting to see what April/May brings.  Even after all the crap of the past few months, my gut still tells me this is a switch team.

But yesterday absolutely sucked.  Tatum, Rozier, & Kryie all droves me nuts at some point. 

Playoffs can't come soon enough.  See what this team really is with some true do or die basketball.

So why even try?

Whats the point until the playoffs

You cant play lazy basketball and attempt to turn it on in a snap of a finger

Last season Cavs miracle is one off

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

So why even try?

Whats the point until the playoffs

You cant play lazy basketball and attempt to turn it on in a snap of a finger

Last season Cavs miracle is one off

They've played some lazy basketball this year but they've also played some really good basketball this year.  I'm not simply going to disregard that based on an impulsive reaction to yesterday's game and some of their other efforts this season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
delete

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

seriously

Did Irving help build that 20 point lead?

didn't he?

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Just going to throw this out there:

Kyrie is #17 in the NBA in Usage. Toronto and Milwaukee both have 1 player ahead of him. So does Houston. Golden State has 2 players ahead of him. His usage is 5 points below Isaiah Thomas' last year here. Not sure that ball dominant basketball is the issue.

I think the issue is Brown didn't leap much, Tatum has really underwhelmed compared to what I was hoping coming off his playoffs. Gordon has been on balance a net negative for his 20+ minutes. Brad has not found the right straw to stir that combination of drinks.

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2019, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wonder if this whole Kyrie trade doesn't end up working

Danny will have interest in trying to sign Kemba Walker

Kemba and Middleton would be high on the list I'm guessing

Sounds delusional. No cap space to sign either one.

Yeah.  I'd trade Kyrie + Smart for Kemba + Middleton, but that's not at all possible.  Cap space doesn't work like that.

Again

no Irving, Morris, Horford

so there will be capspace in this scenario

If Al Returns it would be on a team friendly extension also
Here triboy. Do us all a favor and read this:

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

Then look at this:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/BOS.html

When you take all the guaranteed salary, as well as all the cap holds for free agents you might want to return, plus the caps of all the first round picks, plus cap holds per empty player slot if they have them, and there is no space for a max player. Not even close to having enough space.

Signing a max free agent is not happening.

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah.  I'd trade Kyrie + Smart for Kemba + Middleton, but that's not at all possible.  Cap space doesn't work like that.

Again

Then look at this:

When you take all the guaranteed salary, as well as all the cap holds for free agents you might want to return, plus the caps of all the first round picks, plus cap holds per empty player slot if they have them, and there is no space for a max player. Not even close to having enough space.

I have seen that

But Danny is a good GM and could get creative in order to facilitate another max signing next season

As well the team can explore opportunity to trade for Beal for example

Before you say no... Smart for example could be a piece to make such trade work

It is not a total doomsday for this team (if Irving walks) the way you make it seem like

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2019, 02:36:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Again

Then look at this:

I have seen that

But Danny is a good GM and could get creative in order to facilitate another max signing next season

As well the team can explore opportunity to trade for Beal for example

Before you say no... Smart for example could be a piece to make such trade work

It is not a total doomsday for this team (if Irving walks) the way you make it seem like
Can you please quote me where I ever said Irving walking would cause doomsday for this team. Better yet, could you please quote me where I have ever even discussed what this team would be like if Kyrie isn't here other than saying it would set the team back?

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
if we don't make it work with kyrie good luck trying to get another star coming or staying here.

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2019, 02:47:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As frustrating as this season has been we HAVE to remember some things -

Gordon Hayward has been a SHELL of himself, mostly. He was going to be our GLUE guy - supposed to be a STARTER - not a SIXTH MAN...

This man - with ALL-STAR LEVEL TALENT - was SUPPOSED to take the scoring, facilitating, rebounding, defending - load off of EVERYONE...dude was  / "IS" that talented.

Gordon needs to REMEMBER this.

"WE" need to remember this.

As it stands NOW - we have perhaps our best big DEFENDER out until the playoffs or just before. That being Aaron Baynes..

We have Big Al taking some games OFF to rest...

We NOW have Tatum and Big Will out with minor injuries.

If Coach Brad Stevens is a BIG BOY - and I believe he IS - then he will take Kyrie's criticism constructively AND he will continuously COACH Kyrie and help him grow....

Kyrie is a SUPERSTAR talent. I believe that. But he has missed his NUMBER 1A guy MOST of this season....

Get well, Gordon Hayward.

He is perhaps our MOST IMPORTANT Celtic. We NEED him.