1 (2%)
Celtics in 5
21 (42.9%)
Celtics in 6
21 (42.9%)
Celtics in 7
3 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 1519 times)

Re: Poll: Pacers vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 10:45:24 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Celtics in 7. I think we’ll play down to their level as we’ve done in the past, and we’ll blow them out in game 7 with Pingis back.

X factor Tingis Pingis.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #31 on: Today at 12:54:33 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 133
Celics in 6. 

When they are hot the Pacers can really go off, and this Celtics team is great defensively when they want to be but they aren't consistent. 

I think there will be a couple of games (like game to vs miami and game 2 vs cleveland) where they seem to make everything and we cant buy a basket.  So for that reason I'm guessing we lose 2 games along the way and finish up taking the series 4-2.

I also think their big lineup of Turner and Siakam will probably give us a bit of trouble at times. 

This assumes no Porzingis though - if KP comes back in game 3 then im calling Celtics in 5.

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:10:21 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016
Lol. Wow, now I'm really interested in knowing which 3 members chose Pacers in 6 lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: Today at 02:15:35 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
Lol. Wow, now I'm really interested in knowing which 3 members chose Pacers in 6 lol

I had actually thought about picking Indy in 6 (Instead, I went Cs in 6.). Here was my thought process: After screwing up Game 2 against Miami, the Celtics put their foot down. Not so much the case against Cleveland, where every Cavs injury seemed to provoke an increasingly lackadaisical response from the Celtics. Indy is young and hungry and, as far as I can tell, healthy. The Celtics are playing like they consider the finals their birthright. Indy can get hot fast, and it only takes a couple of those, combined with a few of the Celtics performances that drive us crazy for Indy to take it.

And there is certainly a non-zero chance that the above happens. But is it the most likely scenario? No. We played pretty sadly for long stretches in a few games, but we ended up winning. Like it or not, that’s just the team we have: No matter how hard it looks like they are trying to lose, they somehow seem to pull through.

So yes, I can create a pessimistic scenario where Indy wins in six. It just doesn’t feel like the most likely one.

« Reply #34 on: Today at 02:29:44 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 744

i am not predicting anything

boston is a bi polar team

could sweep in 4 or could go 7

This is the most accurate prediction so far.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:18:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1016

I had actually thought about picking Indy in 6 (Instead, I went Cs in 6.). Here was my thought process: After screwing up Game 2 against Miami, the Celtics put their foot down. Not so much the case against Cleveland, where every Cavs injury seemed to provoke an increasingly lackadaisical response from the Celtics. Indy is young and hungry and, as far as I can tell, healthy. The Celtics are playing like they consider the finals their birthright. Indy can get hot fast, and it only takes a couple of those, combined with a few of the Celtics performances that drive us crazy for Indy to take it.

And there is certainly a non-zero chance that the above happens. But is it the most likely scenario? No. We played pretty sadly for long stretches in a few games, but we ended up winning. Like it or not, that’s just the team we have: No matter how hard it looks like they are trying to lose, they somehow seem to pull through.

So yes, I can create a pessimistic scenario where Indy wins in six. It just doesn’t feel like the most likely one.

True. C's will somehow look like they pull through each win. I have them in 7. It's the psychological factor that will be something to watch out for. I have no doubt the C's lineup is more talented than the Pacers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)