Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 203213 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1050 on: January 20, 2019, 12:11:57 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Butler is going to end up leaving Philly holding the bag this summer.  I just can't see him wanting to stay on a team that is fatally flawed.

And for all the people who declared that "the Process is over, and it was a success,"  Philly might not even make it out of the first round this year.

2 really good teams are going to end up in that 4/5 slot, right now it's Philly/Boston.

1 really good from the Eastern Conference is going home in the first round.  This must be what I felt like to play in the Western Conference for the last 15-20 years lol.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1051 on: January 20, 2019, 01:09:00 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Butler is going to end up leaving Philly holding the bag this summer.  I just can't see him wanting to stay on a team that is fatally flawed.
How are they fatally flawed?  Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Redick is a strong top 4.  Their main problem is their 5th started and their bench.  If they were to replace Wilson Chandler with Marcus Morris or similar level player, they'd have a really strong starting 5. 

Edit:  Your comment is especially funny since Butler was the one who stunk up the joint most of the night. 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:20:28 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #1052 on: January 20, 2019, 01:14:28 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

And for all the people who declared that "the Process is over, and it was a success,"  Philly might not even make it out of the first round this year.

2 really good teams are going to end up in that 4/5 slot, right now it's Philly/Boston.

1 really good from the Eastern Conference is going home in the first round.  This must be what I felt like to play in the Western Conference for the last 15-20 years lol.
I think we're the worst match up for the Sixers.  I think they are also the team that needs home court the most out of the 5.  The 6th through 8th teams aren't good so it isn't really like the West. 

« Reply #1053 on: January 20, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I think we're the worst match up for the Sixers.  I think they are also the team that needs home court the most out of the 5.  The 6th through 8th teams aren't good so it isn't really like the West.

Yes. The Sixers fans fear the Celtics. They give their own team no shot to win a series against us and I agree with them. I don't think ending 5th will work out that bad as long as we don't have to play the Bucks in the second round.

« Reply #1054 on: January 20, 2019, 02:38:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
How are they fatally flawed?  Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Redick is a strong top 4.  Their main problem is their 5th started and their bench.  If they were to replace Wilson Chandler with Marcus Morris or similar level player, they'd have a really strong starting 5. 

Edit:  Your comment is especially funny since Butler was the one who stunk up the joint most of the night.

Reddick is having an awesome offensive season, but he is really brutal on defense and would probably be best served coming off the bench at this stage of the year. Part of the reason guards do so well against the 76ers is because of his defense. We also mercilessly attacked him last year in the playoffs. For just being a fan of embiid you sure defend the entire team a lot

« Reply #1055 on: January 20, 2019, 02:50:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How are they fatally flawed? 

Ben Simmons

He's not a winning basketball player, and in fact is a bit of a liability in close games.

« Reply #1056 on: January 20, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Ben Simmons

He's not a winning basketball player, and in fact is a bit of a liability in close games.

Relatively speaking, I haven't been watching basketball closely for all that long. Less than 20 years. But I have the crankiness of a very old man when I hear people complain about 22 year olds not being "winning players". I heard it about Lebron, Durant, Dirk, KG, and plenty of others. Players change, teams change. I don't believe in proclaiming someone to not be a winner after less than 2 seasons in the league.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #1057 on: January 20, 2019, 04:53:13 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Ben Simmons

Relatively speaking, I haven't been watching basketball closely for all that long. Less than 20 years. But I have the crankiness of a very old man when I hear people complain about 22 year olds not being "winning players". I heard it about Lebron, Durant, Dirk, KG, and plenty of others. Players change, teams change. I don't believe in proclaiming someone to not be a winner after less than 2 seasons in the league.

I'm not concerned with your crankiness, that's a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

That said, what are the chances that Simmons changes 'who he is' before Butler's prime is over, let alone his next contract?

IMO, it's just not very likely.  Thus the team is fatally flawed as currently constructed, and I'm pretty sure Butler is smart enough to see this also.

« Reply #1058 on: January 20, 2019, 04:56:19 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

Ben Simmons

I'm not concerned with your crankiness, that's a 'you' problem, not a 'me' problem.

That said, what are the chances that Simmons changes 'who he is' before Butler's prime is over, let alone his next contract?

IMO, it's just not very likely.  Thus the team is fatally flawed as currently constructed, and I'm pretty sure Butler is smart enough to see this also.

i don't think he will resign there unless they trade simmons

« Reply #1059 on: January 20, 2019, 06:28:13 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Reddick is having an awesome offensive season, but he is really brutal on defense and would probably be best served coming off the bench at this stage of the year. Part of the reason guards do so well against the 76ers is because of his defense. We also mercilessly attacked him last year in the playoffs. For just being a fan of embiid you sure defend the entire team a lot
If the Sixers could send Redick to the bench, they'd be the clear favorites in the East.  They need Redick's shooting in the starting lineup.  Redick works best with Embiid on the court.  They work great together on offense and Embiid helps alleviate some of Redick's defensive deficiencies.  The Sixer's main problem isn't Simmons lack of shooting, Redick's defense or the fit of their 3 stars.  Their main problem is their 5th starter and their bench. 

I offer positive and negative critiques of the Sixers unlike you and the other Sixers bashers who can't see past your green colored goggles.  Contradicting nonsense like "the Sixers are fatally flawed because of Simmons" is just shooting fish in the barrel. 

« Reply #1060 on: January 20, 2019, 06:33:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Their lack of bench & bad coaching are the fatal flaws of Philly, but Ben Simmons being a complete non-threat from deep cripples their offence at times
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1061 on: January 20, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Ben Simmons

Assuming that Butler is being on honest about wanting to win, where is he going to go that gives him a better chance to win than the Sixers?  Which teams are even going to want to give him a Max contract considering his age, difficult personality and the fact that he is not a #1 star on a championship contender.  For the Sixers, he slots in nicely as their #2 star and could slide to #3 as he ages and Simmons improves. 

« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Ben Simmons

Assuming that Butler is being on honest about wanting to win, where is he going to go that gives him a better chance to win than the Sixers?  Which teams are even going to want to give him a Max contract considering his age, difficult personality and the fact that he is not a #1 star on a championship contender.  For the Sixers, he slots in nicely as their #2 star and could slide to #3 as he ages and Simmons improves.
Lakers. Clippers. Knicks. Nets. All would happy sign Butler to a max contract.

« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

If the Sixers could send Redick to the bench, they'd be the clear favorites in the East.  They need Redick's shooting in the starting lineup.  Redick works best with Embiid on the court.  They work great together on offense and Embiid helps alleviate some of Redick's defensive deficiencies.  The Sixer's main problem isn't Simmons lack of shooting, Redick's defense or the fit of their 3 stars.  Their main problem is their 5th starter and their bench. 

I offer positive and negative critiques of the Sixers unlike you and the other Sixers bashers who can't see past your green colored goggles.  Contradicting nonsense like "the Sixers are fatally flawed because of Simmons" is just shooting fish in the barrel.

So you think 538 has some ax to grind against Simmons? Go shoot that fish in the barrel and explain to them why you are smarter than them. Jesus

« Reply #1064 on: January 20, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Good stop