Author Topic: Throw me a good song  (Read 9730 times)

Throw me a good song
« on: August 27, 2010, 03:53:42 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I love hip hop. Preferably looking for something before/during a long basketball workout, or a before a game, but it doesn't really matter. NO LIL' WAYNE. Lol, any other suggestions are appreciated. my top ten artists are Joe Budden, Big L, anyone in Slaughterhouse really, Cassidy, Lloyd banks, Nas, Big Pun, Papoose, Ransom, and J. Cole. so who's first? and I also like all types of music, besides country, so even if it's not hip hop, I'll give it a listen.

Re: Throw me a good song
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 04:03:34 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3nG_yYpZA0

New fat joe and preemo. Classic.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSU086M5IY

Here's another that I run to sometimes.

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
oh and I'm giving out a TP for every song.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I love hip hop. Preferably looking for something before/during a long basketball workout, or a before a game, but it doesn't really matter. NO LIL' WAYNE. Lol, any other suggestions are appreciated. my top ten artists are Joe Budden, Big L, anyone in Slaughterhouse really, Cassidy, Lloyd banks, Nas, Big Pun, Papoose, Ransom, and J. Cole. so who's first? and I also like all types of music, besides country, so even if it's not hip hop, I'll give it a listen.

Download the entire Nas-Illmatic album. Listen to that and tell me if you don't end up ready to stomp someone before its all over. That album..its not super fast but it like...takes you away, makes you see this place where everyone is poor, everyone is just trying to scam on one another, and only the strong survive. I just started listening to it during workouts.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oDYyj6e_3E

This one gets me so amped. I usually play this when I am lifting.

Oh yeah and IP is right. Illmatic is the realest for of hip hop ever made. Every word, beat, sound means something. It is amazing. Nas was only 20 years old.

edit:  replace the video with the audio only. That video was pretty raunchy my bad!

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 04:11:29 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.

Download the entire Nas-Illmatic album. Listen to that and tell me if you don't end up ready to stomp someone before its all over. That album..its not super fast but it like...takes you away, makes you see this place where everyone is poor, everyone is just trying to scam on one another, and only the strong survive. I just started listening to it during workouts.

Yes sir, classic album. It's funny, everyone my age (15) is listening to Wayne and Gucci Mane. Like really? Nas, is a true artist, he paints pictures, and 50% of my friends have never heard of him.

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen

Yes sir, classic album. It's funny, everyone my age (15) is listening to Wayne and Gucci Mane. Like really? Nas, is a true artist, he paints pictures, and 50% of my friends have never heard of him.

Oh man i am getting old if your friends have never heard of Nas. Im sad.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 04:16:29 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.

Oh man i am getting old if your friends have never heard of Nas. Im sad.

Most are idiots, they haven't heard of them because all they listen to is the radio or MTV. Have you ever listened to Joe Budden? like the Mood Muzik Joe Budden, not the pump it up Joe Budden. All Of Me has to be one of the best songs I've ever heard.

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Oldie but a goodie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl6jwab3HWk

And here's a left-field one for ya - not even close to hip-hop but whenever I'm at the gym and I hear that bass line start up on my headphones I get ridiculously amped.  Give it a couple shots and see if it works for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeZtszNShk

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 04:22:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah but this is true too:

Four albums in ten years (playa)?  I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them ---- was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average

Jay-Z is the best living rapper, and I don't think the discussion anywhere is close. It would be a lot closer if Nas had more albums like Illmatic early in his career. It was Written was okay, but I am... and Nastrodamus, plus all his work with the Firm was AWFUL.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFVDLb1wQ

This is from at least 15 years ago. I like the song well enough, but the dancing in the video is probably some of the worst I've seen.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 04:25:13 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.

Yeah but this is true too:

Four albums in ten years (playa)?  I can divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them ---- was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average

Jay-Z is the best living rapper, and I don't think the discussion anywhere is close. It would be a lot closer if Nas had more albums like Illmatic early in his career. It was Written was okay, but I am... and Nastrodamus, plus all his work with the Firm was AWFUL.

Not a big Jay-Z fan, but I like some songs. Nothing recent though. Blue print 3 was overrated in my opinion.

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Smooth As Silk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ofFVDLb1wQ

This is from at least 15 years ago. I like the song well enough, but the dancing in the video is probably some of the worst I've seen.

Classic. haha

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
This one always works for me. Mad Lion - Carpenter ( i haven't ever seen an actual video for it but here is the song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-iFVNBPJaw

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird