Author Topic: Shyne Po released from prison today.  (Read 5181 times)

Re: Shyne Po released from prison today.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Shyne Remains In Custody Due To Immigration Status

Rapper was to be release from prison Tuesday, but a rep says officials may deport him to Belize.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1623220/20091006/shyne.jhtml

Sounds good to me.  Get the criminals off our streets.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Rapper was to be release from prison Tuesday, but a rep says officials may deport him to Belize.

If we have any faith in out justice system wouldn't we expect him to be rehabilitated?

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

If we have any faith in out justice system wouldn't we expect him to be rehabilitated?

The Supreme Court has recognized several goals for our justice system.  One of them is punishment.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

The Supreme Court has recognized several goals for our justice system.  One of them is punishment.

Another is rehabilitation.

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

It's a goal.  In reality, I think the majority of criminals don't come out of prison rehabilitated.  Rather, the reason they're there comes down to 1) punishment, 2) prevention, and 3) deterrence.

Anyway, since a valid goal of the prison system is punishment, and they managed to keep this idiot locked up for nine years or so, I do have at least some faith in our system of justice.

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

It's a goal.  In reality, I think the majority of criminals don't come out of prison rehabilitated.  Rather, the reason they're there comes down to 1) punishment, 2) prevention, and 3) deterrence.

Anyway, since a valid goal of the prison system is punishment, and they managed to keep this idiot locked up for nine years or so, I do have at least some faith in our system of justice.

I feel that. Heck, he shot a person in the face... simply terrible. He was given a lot of time to think. He made a mistake and he payed a price for it. We all make mistakes right?

Roy, your passion tells me you would have been a solid prosecuting attorney. Did you ever consider that path?

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Roy, your passion tells me you would have been a solid prosecuting attorney. Did you ever consider that path?

I considered it briefly, and honestly think I would have been pretty good at it.  The problem is, prosecutors are overworked and underpaid.  Plus, I think I'd want to try *way* more of my cases than the average D.A. does.