8 (9.4%)
80's
12 (14.1%)
90's
5 (5.9%)
00's
58 (68.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll  (Read 18899 times)

Re: Which Decade Has Produced the Worst Music - Poll
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2009, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
while the 00's may be the worst overall... the past 9 years my three favorite bands produced albums that are all incredible and i consider by far my favorite music

i think the 00's were very good for indie/alternative and even 'emo' music if you dont mind calling it that

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2009, 02:18:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I dunno if anybody here has heard the band Phoenix, but they are pretty solid.  They hosted on SNL in the spring.  New CD out Wolfgang Amedeus Phoenix.  Really tight, their drum tracks sound incredible. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Very tough but in terms of mainstream rock and pop it is this current decade.I have to say there is not really an era that produced the worse music.

I am a huge music fan and love 90's grunge, 80's hair metal, 90's rap, 70's classic rock.  However, in the 00's there seems to be a ton of non-mainstream artist that are unique and amazing. No larger than life, Aerosmith, Led Zep, Metallica, Pearl Jam type bands but a ton of good ones.

Turn on Octane formerly squiz on XM radio and you will hear a ton of new awesome heavy tunes if that is what you are into. Five Finger Deathpunch,All that remains,Godsmack, Sevendust, System of A Down,P.O.D., Mudvayne, all seem unique to their generation. The 00's brought out the heavy female lead singer rock band stronger than ever like Lacuna Coil, Evanescense, OTEP, etc. Tough call but I have to still say 00's although there isn't really a bad decade in my opinion.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
I don't really think it is a matter of decades but rather years.  These are the eras 1955-1964, 1965-1972, 1973-1983, 1984-1991, 1992-1997, 1998-2009. 
1955-1964 is awesome starting with Earth Angel by the Platters in 1955 up to Because by Dave Clark Five 1964 many great songs were made in this time period and many that I like to listen to.  1965-1972 I do not like or listen to that Bob Dylan mid-Beatles stuff makes me wanna barf.   1973-1982 I do not listen to I respect stuff by Led Zepplen, Black Sabbath as music I just am not into it that much and songs like Dancing in the Moonlight make me wanna barf.

1983-1991 is amazing music with starting with Michael Jackson & Madonna and 1984 & 1985 were amazing, 1986 when you get into the club hits like TKA and Hooked on You by Sweet Sensation that stuff is awesome.   The late 1980's and early 1990's were great so many songs were at least good with few bad songs in my opinion.  The songs made by lesser known artists with one or two hits crushes the 1965-1982 era, King of Wishful Thinking by Go West now that song is great. 1992-1997 was strong in hip hop with Das Efx, Mobb Deep etc the best era for hip hop and also other songs were good in that era too.

There was a major drop off in 1998 and it gets worse as the 2000's go on. once Puff & JayZ got going in the music industry it turned to garbage, not that they are that bad themselves they just had too much airplay over other artists. There are still some good songs here and there like We Right Here by DMX and such but there is also some of the worst garbage ever. This crap they have on Letterman or Jimmy Kimmel these live bands are garbage makes me wanna barf. And that whiney sing like a 120lb loser by some dude whining in some girly outfits with weak Hollister & Ambercrombie & Finch shirts is pathetic. 

As for the best era has to be 1988-1991 like almost every song made during that era is good.  Best year ever 1984 it is loaded.  Best song ever I don't know but Escape by Whodini has to be up there.  Worst music ever Eminem I don't listen to that its stupid garbage don't try and trick me with that negative crap.

And of course the best heavy metal song is by far and its not even close.
HAMMER SWINGS DOWN BY BABYLON AD BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
00's mainly because I'm a rap fan.

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2009, 05:21:35 PM »

Offline star18

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
As for worst music image & style ever it has to go to this decade 2000's.   That hippie 1960's stuff was pretty sad with the long hair and bum look, but the stuff they got going on recently is the worst.  You know what I'm talking about.   Hollister shirt small size with some 120lb weakling's toothpick arms showing.   Pair of jeans and that singing in a pathetic girly voice by some guy with a girl's hairdo whining in a squeaky high voice.  That is the worst.   When bands like ACDC and KISS took the stage they rocked and had music and stage prescence.  Some of these bands nowadays just look so weak and pathetic on stage.   

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2009, 05:33:50 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Every decade has produced some really, really good music.  The only way to determine the worst decade music wise is to look at the most popular music.

In those terms, the competition has to be between the 80's (awful hair metal and lots of ridiculous one hit wonder acts) and this decade (the commercialization and domination of formulaic, trashy hip hop and hip hop / pop hybrids).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2009, 05:39:10 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
The 80's were really, really, really TERRIBLE. Michael Jackson and Madonna don't make up for it. My mom is English, she knows better than y'all.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
The 80's were really, really, really TERRIBLE. Michael Jackson and Madonna don't make up for it. My mom is English, she knows better than y'all.

Perhaps true, but a lot of really great music came out of the 80s too, and a lot of good music today is heavily influenced by stuff from the 80's (just look at all the bands taking after Bruce Springsteen, Joy Division, or the Smiths)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »

Offline SSFan 6.33

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29

I respectfully disagree. 

U2
Prince
Bon Jovi
Aerosmith
Guns & Roses
REM

that took 5 seconds
Still a sap for my kids -

« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I dunno if anybody here has heard the band Phoenix, but they are pretty solid.  They hosted on SNL in the spring.  New CD out Wolfgang Amedeus Phoenix.  Really tight, their drum tracks sound incredible. 

Check out their album before that too..the one with Napoleon Says...its really good IMO

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2009, 07:37:21 PM »

Offline SSFan 6.33

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 29
I don't really think it is a matter of decades but rather years.  These are the eras 1955-1964, 1965-1972, 1973-1983, 1984-1991, 1992-1997, 1998-2009. 
1955-1964 is awesome starting with Earth Angel by the Platters in 1955 up to Because by Dave Clark Five 1964 many great songs were made in this time period and many that I like to listen to.  1965-1972 I do not like or listen to that Bob Dylan mid-Beatles stuff makes me wanna barf.   1973-1982 I do not listen to I respect stuff by Led Zepplen, Black Sabbath as music I just am not into it that much and songs like Dancing in the Moonlight make me wanna barf.

1983-1991 is amazing music with starting with Michael Jackson & Madonna and 1984 & 1985 were amazing, 1986 when you get into the club hits like TKA and Hooked on You by Sweet Sensation that stuff is awesome.   The late 1980's and early 1990's were great so many songs were at least good with few bad songs in my opinion.  The songs made by lesser known artists with one or two hits crushes the 1965-1982 era, King of Wishful Thinking by Go West now that song is great. 1992-1997 was strong in hip hop with Das Efx, Mobb Deep etc the best era for hip hop and also other songs were good in that era too.

There was a major drop off in 1998 and it gets worse as the 2000's go on. once Puff & JayZ got going in the music industry it turned to garbage, not that they are that bad themselves they just had too much airplay over other artists. There are still some good songs here and there like We Right Here by DMX and such but there is also some of the worst garbage ever. This crap they have on Letterman or Jimmy Kimmel these live bands are garbage makes me wanna barf. And that whiney sing like a 120lb loser by some dude whining in some girly outfits with weak Hollister & Ambercrombie & Finch shirts is pathetic. 

As for the best era has to be 1988-1991 like almost every song made during that era is good.  Best year ever 1984 it is loaded.  Best song ever I don't know but Escape by Whodini has to be up there.  Worst music ever Eminem I don't listen to that its stupid garbage don't try and trick me with that negative crap.

And of course the best heavy metal song is by far and its not even close.
HAMMER SWINGS DOWN BY BABYLON AD BEST SONG EVER!!!!!!!!!

Although I don't agree with much of this, I really like the thought process.  TP
Still a sap for my kids -