Author Topic: Improve the bench  (Read 14593 times)

Re: Improve the bench
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2024, 11:10:51 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Saw Jalen Smith mentioned in Brian Robbs article today. Would cost a 1st. I can't believe they would give up on him.

I can’t believe the Pacers think they’d get a first for Jalen Smith.

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2024, 11:16:22 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
To be fair, Robb mentioned Smith costing multiple 2nds. I would think it would cost our 2024 1st.

Just seeing Smith play against the C's and also Lonnie Walker. Those two can help for sure as insurance. Smith being able to play both the 4 and 5 helps a ton.

Also like cheap contracts mentioned in Kris Dunn and Fontechio from Utah.

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2024, 11:35:18 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Drummond be my first priority if he’s available
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2024, 11:38:57 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
https://twitter.com/BrianTRobb/status/1755218932116369652

KO’s name keeps popping up. Maybe the Cs make multiple trades first by trading picks for a guy who fits the TPE, then packages that guy together with PP and filler (Svi, Banton, etc) for KO and Dunn? Kris Dunn can then be the PP replacement? Personally I don’t wanna get rid of PP but getting KO could be a real game changer for Boston. A few more hours and we’ll find out what Brad is cooking up.

« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2024, 11:41:33 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

KO’s name keeps popping up. Maybe the Cs make multiple trades first by trading picks for a guy who fits the TPE, then packages that guy together with PP and filler (Svi, Banton, etc) for KO and Dunn? Kris Dunn can then be the PP replacement? Personally I don’t wanna get rid of PP but getting KO could be a real game changer for Boston. A few more hours and we’ll find out what Brad is cooking up.

You can't immediately package the traded player with other players.  This is called aggregation, and you can't do that for 60 (?) days after a player is acquired.

That's why, if we were trying to absolutely maximize our chances, we should have traded the TPE for an expiring contract (Otto Porter fit and would have cost nothing), and then repackaged that player with filler for somebody in the $11 million range.  But, it can't be done now. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said, something like this could theoretically work according to ESPN's trade machine:

BOS trades:  Svi, Banton, Pritchard, Stevens, Walsh, #2s
UTA trades:  KO

BOS trades:  TPE
UTA trades:  Dunn, Fontecchio

« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 11:55:52 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2024, 11:47:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Ainge loves Pritchard so might be a trade in the works
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2024, 11:48:02 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas

You can't immediately package the traded player with other players.  This is called aggregation, and you can't do that for 60 (?) days after a player is acquired.

That's why, if we were trying to absolutely maximize our chances, we should have traded the TPE for an expiring contract (Otto Porter fit and would have cost nothing), and then repackaged that player with filler for somebody in the $11 million range.  But, it can't be done now.

Thanks Roy for clarifying. I’m just really confused as to why KO is being linked with Boston knowing fully well that there’s no real probable way we could trade for him. I don’t see KO being bought out as well since there seems to be a lot of interest for him around the league.

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2024, 11:52:42 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I really don't see why we should give up current players and assets for a guy making well over the Grant TPE. Doesn't make much sense for us financially going forward (luxury tax constrictions), and if you're giving up someone like Pritchard in an Olynyk deal or similar (a player making well over 8M) then you might open up another hole at another position.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2024, 06:33:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
How about Xavier Tillman? He’s getting limited mins in a team that’s dealing with a lot of injuries. Maybe a couple of seconds gets it dome? He fits easily into our TPE.

Yes!!

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2024, 06:54:02 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
How about Xavier Tillman? He’s getting limited mins in a team that’s dealing with a lot of injuries. Maybe a couple of seconds gets it dome? He fits easily into our TPE.

Yes!!

Nicely done!  Who is next?

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2024, 06:56:21 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Thanks Roy for clarifying. I’m just really confused as to why KO is being linked with Boston knowing fully well that there’s no real probable way we could trade for him. I don’t see KO being bought out as well since there seems to be a lot of interest for him around the league.

Probably KO's agent trying to keep drumming up interest in his client  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2024, 09:39:47 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Pritchard+Kornet+Banton+Svi+Walsh for Olynyk+ Dunn would work even though Stevens has been traded

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2024, 11:08:43 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I would happily grab Dunn or Konchar for a second-round pick just to have defenders off the bench.