Author Topic: Trade Deadline Predictions  (Read 11238 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Predictions
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 04:53:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'm sure the Bucks would love to get Smart. I just don't see them having the assets to do it and I don't see why the Grizzlies would want to move him.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2024, 07:26:46 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I’m all about the Celtics overpaying with picks for a player that can crack the top 7/8.  I’m not sure who that guy is . I think with how we are currently built it would be almost disregarding what position they played ( other than pg) Lonnie Walker, Santi Aldama, Caruso if that’s even possible. . I’d be wanting a triple threat type guy or a player that can make quick decisions or excels at one particular skill (like D with Caruso) . It seems we’d have to really maneuver to make something like that happen,  though.
   I think this has to be the year because OKC with 15 first rounders can snatch up a superstar at any time.

Kuminga?

That would be a dream . I don’t see GS doing that though. I think with Curry still being as great as he is that they’ll try to pry a Star away to take another title shot , even if it’s a longshot .

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2024, 07:33:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Lavine to lakers be good cause dude doesn’t play half the time..but the GM, LeBron, likes Reeves so doubt they trade him

Eh reaves is playing a lot less important role this year than he did during the playoffs and his defense has been really exploited. Reaves has a -128 off on for the season. His contract is very manageable but if I were the lakers I would dump him soon.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2024, 07:41:04 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm sure the Bucks would love to get Smart. I just don't see them having the assets to do it and I don't see why the Grizzlies would want to move him.

I don't see the assets or the salaries. They would have to trade Middleton (who they don't have the assets to dump) or something like Connaughton and Portis, which would probably just make them worse overall.

And that's before you look at what the Grizzlies gave up for Smart. They clearly value him, and it's not like he's had a horrible year that would make them rethink that. They're gonna keep him and see how the Ja/Smart/Bane backcourt looks for a ln extended period before they think about a major shakeup
I'm bitter.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2024, 09:49:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Looks like the Pacers are willing to move 3 first round picks for Siakam. Would this make them a legit threat in the East?

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 09:56:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Looks like the Pacers are willing to move 3 first round picks for Siakam. Would this make them a legit threat in the East?

I think it would elevate to them much more likely to make second round. But they need Halliburton to continue to develop along with their other young guys. Barring injuries we just have a lot more talent and experience

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2024, 07:20:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Nope. Not enough talent.

Mathurin would need to grow into a legit All-Star to make that new-look Pacers team a threat.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2024, 07:56:09 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
If trade go down:
C—Turner
PF-Siakim
SF-Mathurin
SG-Hield
PG-Haliburton

Not a bad lineup but bench not really great
Smith
Jackson
Toppin
McConnell
Brown
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2024, 08:48:14 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Nope. Not enough talent.

Mathurin would need to grow into a legit All-Star to make that new-look Pacers team a threat.
This. All-star level Mathurin / Siakam / Haliburton is a decent Big-3 with Turner anchoring the front court. Still, they wouldn't get past the 2nd round without Haliburton also taking a step to super-elite level.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2024, 08:50:54 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
It would be interesting to see what this does to Jalen Smith's minutes.  Toppin has started 28 games and playing 24'ish minutes.  Smith started 11 games and is playing more like 18 minutes.  So if Siakam is the starter, Toppin would be the primary back up?  Smith to deep bench?

It seems like Jalen Smith could be a target for the Celtics for that elusive back up PF role.  If Indy is giving up 3 firsts, we could give them back one and maybe a player like Stevens to give them back some depth at wing.

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2024, 08:57:17 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If trade go down:
C—Turner
PF-Siakim
SF-Mathurin
SG-Hield
PG-Haliburton

Smith
Jackson
Toppin
McConnell
Brown

I think the raps will want players back. Young players... Guys on Scottie Barnes time line...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:13:22 AM by liam »

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2024, 09:12:56 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
If trade go down:
C—Turner
PF-Siakim
SF-Mathurin
SG-Hield
PG-Haliburton

Smith
Jackson
Toppin
McConnell
Brown

I think the raps will want players back. Young players...

The Toronto Raptors and Indiana Pacers are involved in active trade talks around two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania and Sam Amick. The proposed deal would involve Bruce Brown, Indiana's most expensive player at $22 million, and three first-round picks. The potential protections on those picks are not yet known, but talks have advanced over the past few days.

It is rumored to be starting with Bruce Brown but other contracts would be needed.  Maybe that will include Jalen Smith.  But I feel that Jalen Smith is worth a pick on his own.  That is starting to get really rich for Siakam if it includes 3 first and GOOD young players.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 09:18:12 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If trade go down:
C—Turner
PF-Siakim
SF-Mathurin
SG-Hield
PG-Haliburton

Smith
Jackson
Toppin
McConnell
Brown

I think the raps will want players back. Young players...

The Toronto Raptors and Indiana Pacers are involved in active trade talks around two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania and Sam Amick. The proposed deal would involve Bruce Brown, Indiana's most expensive player at $22 million, and three first-round picks. The potential protections on those picks are not yet known, but talks have advanced over the past few days.

It is rumored to be starting with Bruce Brown but other contracts would be needed.  Maybe that will include Jalen Smith.  But I feel that Jalen Smith is worth a pick on his own.  That is starting to get really rich for Siakam if it includes 3 first and GOOD young players.

Maybe Mathurin and Smith and a pick? Maybe throw in Hield to balance the money.... I think that improves both teams...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 09:41:59 AM by liam »

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2024, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It would be interesting to see what this does to Jalen Smith's minutes.  Toppin has started 28 games and playing 24'ish minutes.  Smith started 11 games and is playing more like 18 minutes.  So if Siakam is the starter, Toppin would be the primary back up?  Smith to deep bench?

It seems like Jalen Smith could be a target for the Celtics for that elusive back up PF role.  If Indy is giving up 3 firsts, we could give them back one and maybe a player like Stevens to give them back some depth at wing.

I wouldn't want to deal a #1 for Smith, who is a better backup C than PF.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2024, 11:40:14 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Siakam for Brown, Toppin & Jackson works salary wise or flip flop Jackson for Smith
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin