Author Topic: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?  (Read 67597 times)

Re: We are in on Porzingis?
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2023, 04:04:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 371
I think Grant is staying now too. That was mentioned in an article last week. Celtics likely would bring him back.

Smart/brown/Tatum/porzingas/rob

PP/white/Hauser/grant/Horford

How we feeling? Are there any moves we can make in FA too?

« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2023, 04:04:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1772
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Trading away Gallinari would be a bad look. Guy signed here for the MLE, unfortunately suffered the ACL but then the team just dumps him a year later? How does the optics of that look. Plus I do think Gallinari can actually help this team even as a 7th or 8th man and as a PF. Especially if G-Will is gone.

I'd say he's a much better version of Muscala. Give away Muscala and another player (Kornet) to make it work along with Brogdon.

I don't think this matters, at all. The team is trying to win a chip, I don't think dumping an MLE guy is actually bad optics. Those kind of deals happen all the time, and players getting injured happens.

Wow meanwhile... now there's reports he WILL be included in the trade  :-\

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1671607204686831618

A year ago we were all so excited about the Brogdon/Gallo additions. Guess we are acknowledging that they are not that important. I get the idea of the upgrade, but have mixed feelings on KP being an expiring contract. He'll either be really expensive or really not after this next year. Hoping it won't matter and it is enough to win us a Title.

« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2023, 04:05:47 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 684
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Didn’t have brogdan most of the latter portion of the playoffs and didn’t have Gallo at all. Not really much loss on the part of the Celtics.

KP adds a very tough skill set to defense if he is healthy. He played very well last season.

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2023, 04:06:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Grant is staying now too. That was mentioned in an article last week. Celtics likely would bring him back.

Not really wanting Hauser to be the back up wing. He’s just not reliable and not trusted. Still think that bench needs a little more scoring.

I would explore a sign and trade for a wing for Grant

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2023, 04:07:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
Gallo opted in and stayed 1 year, and he got hurt. I see no issue in trading him

I don’t understand the issue. He got paid for last year for not playing. Now he’ll be paid a bunch of money for next year. I don’t see why it should be a problem.

Yeah, it’s not like he got hurt in training camp or game 1.  He got hurt away from the team and missed the entire year.  Seems like a good guy and I was ready to root for him (and still am if he’s not traded) but the C’s don’t really owe him much.

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2023, 04:09:15 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Trading away Gallinari would be a bad look. Guy signed here for the MLE, unfortunately suffered the ACL but then the team just dumps him a year later? How does the optics of that look. Plus I do think Gallinari can actually help this team even as a 7th or 8th man and as a PF. Especially if G-Will is gone.

I'd say he's a much better version of Muscala. Give away Muscala and another player (Kornet) to make it work along with Brogdon.

I don't think this matters, at all. The team is trying to win a chip, I don't think dumping an MLE guy is actually bad optics. Those kind of deals happen all the time, and players getting injured happens.

Wow meanwhile... now there's reports he WILL be included in the trade  :-\

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1671607204686831618

A year ago we were all so excited about the Brogdon/Gallo additions. Guess we are acknowledging that they are not that important. I get the idea of the upgrade, but have mixed feelings on KP being an expiring contract. He'll either be really expensive or really not after this next year. Hoping it won't matter and it is enough to win us a Title.

In theory, he could be extended and traded.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2023, 04:12:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
On Bos-Was-LAC potential three-way deal reported by @ShamsCharania

* Porzingis needs to opt in by end of day. Possible to opt-in-extend-and-trade
* LAC needs to add one small salary (Preston or Boston?)
* LAC pick could be in 2028, or #30 tomorrow
* WAS would generate ~10M TPE

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2023, 04:13:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
On Bos-Was-LAC potential three-way deal reported by @ShamsCharania

* Porzingis needs to opt in by end of day. Possible to opt-in-extend-and-trade
* LAC needs to add one small salary (Preston or Boston?)
* LAC pick could be in 2028, or #30 tomorrow
* WAS would generate ~10M TPE

Can we get PG Bones Hyland in the deal too? Give us another PG in the mix.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2023, 04:13:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
LA needs to send out some salary.  I'd love to see us pick up BJ Boston as a cheap prospect.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2023, 04:14:13 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 877
Getting caught up on this.  I like the deal.  Trading Brogdon for Porzingis makes a lot of sense from a roster balance standpoint.  We need what Porzingis can give us more than we need what Brogdon can give us.  Sounds like it is going to be Brogdon and Gallinari.  That is fairly rich but of course, you don't know what you will get from Gallinari.  Porzingis has some injury concern but so doesn't Brogdon.  I don't see us having to add any picks to this.  If anything, we should get a pick from LAC.  They are getting Brogdon for pretty much Morris.  If WAS end up with Gallinari and Morris and maybe something else, those can be flipped.  Porzingis was not coming back to them.  They should not expect any real compensation in this trade.  Whatever they get is gravy for them.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 04:19:30 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2023, 04:15:28 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Not really wanting Hauser to be the back up wing. He’s just not reliable and not trusted. Still think that bench needs a little more scoring.

I would explore a sign and trade for a wing for Grant

With a frontcourt of Porzingis/Horford/Grant/Rob, as described above, you’re making Tatum a full-time 3, with Brown at the 2/3.  It would come down to a Pritchard/Hauser battle for the 9th role.  If Pritchard wins, you see more of Marcus and White at the wing, which both are capable of.  If Hauser wins, he’s the wing.

It’s very difficult to get someone useful back in a sign-and-trade. Not impossible, but Grant has to want to sign somewhere that has the player you want in return, and the contracts have to match up which is difficult with the base-year compensation rule.

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2023, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
LA needs to send out some salary.  I'd love to see us pick up BJ Boston as a cheap prospect.

I'd imagine the cheap prospect would be going to Washington as part of the value in the deal.

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2023, 04:17:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
If Gallinari is really in the deal, I would think the framework is something like:

BOSTON RECEIVES: Porzingis + ONE of Hyland/Boston/Preston

WASHINGTON RECEIVES: Morris, Gallinari, LAC 2028 1st, BOS 2025 1st, and some mix of future 2nds (whatever)

LAC RECEIVES: Malcolm Brogdon
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2023, 04:17:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189
I just heard that it's a 3 team trade. Brogdon to the clips, Zinger to us and Morris and scrapes to the Wiz...

Didn't see this already posted...

« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2023, 04:18:16 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
It would not surprise me if they try and ship muscala to the wiz also, just lessens c's tax bill this year and is not guaranteed next year.

Although they could just trade him to another team with room or an exception