Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119275 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #480 on: June 20, 2018, 03:50:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You know Woj isn't the only guy reporting on this right? And he's not the most reliable anymore.
Yeah, he's been all over the place recently
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #481 on: June 20, 2018, 08:04:54 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
My guess is that the Lakers is plan A for Kawhi but it doesn't seem like San Antonio would trade him there.  Maybe Kawhi and Kyrie have secret plan to join up in New York?

I think the odds of Kawhi coming to Boston are very low.  It just makes no sense.  We already have 3 all star or emerging all star level players that play his position (Brown, Tatum, Hayward).  Kawhi of old is better than any of them but it is not worth it for one season and who knows if his injury acts up.

« Reply #482 on: June 20, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I bet LeBron is peeved that he is not center stage given all the Kawhi Drama, you know that is killing him.

« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
You know Woj isn't the only guy reporting on this right? And he's not the most reliable anymore.

Yup. Haynes and Woj now neck to neck

« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I heard a report yesterday that Paul George is in talks about signing an extension with OKC. Assuming George stays in OKC, and LeBron goes somewhere other than the Lakers, then does that change things for Kawhi? Will the Lakers be willing to trade some of their young players (Ball, Ingram, an or Kuzma) if Kawhi is the only elite player on the team?

BTW, can someone please tell me who was the last premier free agent to sign with the Lakers? I believe it was Shaq back in 1996, which may have been a sign and trade. There is a lot of speculation that the Lakers are getting LeBron, PG and Kawhi, but I just don't see any of those guys going there. And having Lavar Ball around definitely won't help matters.

« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2018, 09:08:39 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Sad to see what Woj has become on ESPN. Mostly focused on drama, generating clicks and buzz while other reporters like Haynes and Shams are starting to school him more often.

But also a bit predictable since it is ESPN he's on now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2018, 09:28:38 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If Kawhi doesn't want the pressure of being the top dog he shouldn't be so concerned about his lack of a big shoe deal. It's not SA's fault no one knows what he even sounds like.

« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2018, 09:30:19 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Before I go to sleep, my thoughts are conflicted. There are two sides to the story but.. ultimately Kawhi shouldn't be letting his camp do all the talking.. it sounds strange but this is sort of the same scenario where you made a mistake, with your parents but you're an adult, and they cant punish or beat you. So you simply avoid talking to them.

Kawhi should be upfront or at least stop destroying his trade value so the Spurs can at least get something on return. It's sad how he's doing this to Pop. I'm confused but I just want to know where he heads. Kawhi could be the first domino, then PG, then LeBron, and DMC.
2 sides to what story? Who made a mistake?

Kawhi is done with san antonio. Leonard is angry over how the Spurs handled his quad rehab and is irate with public comments made by Tony Parker.  He's going back home to LA. what mistake are you referring to, and why would kawhi care about his trade value? He's getting a max no matter what he's traded for. If anything he probably prefers the Lakers to remain stronger and retain assets

Ummm... Maybe because he isn't SAYING anything? This is literally his entire camp twisting the story around... We don't know the full details. Sure Spurs messed up his rehab, but you don't perennially shut out the team you've been with for so long over nothing.. As for trade value? Well it would at least right the ship, and burn less bridges.. I mean if he has to leave, at least give the Spurs the chance to get a good package for him, and the fact that his camp is pushing LA only decreases it..... I thought it was being clear that Kawhi is acting immature, and not being upfront. Kyrie Irving at least told the Cavs that he wanted to be in a different situation, and they looked for the best possible trades.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2018, 09:31:01 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
So he plans on signing as an FA in LA in 2019? So not getting traded this year? If I'm SA, I keep him and go all in. Not sure LAL or LAC will have cap room/be attractive at that point. Also, SA still can offer him super max.

Assuming everything that we read in the news is true, I agree 100%. You will get nothing of value for him, except in LA. Keep him at home, try to repair the relationship and offer the super-max. True, you could end up losing him for nothing, but how much more are you going to get if he's telling teams that he won't sign with them?

Having said all that: Anyone close enough to KL to have accurate information to leak has an agenda of one sort or another. It's not that I don't trust Woj, or Haynes, or anyone else. I simply believe that they are serving as somebody's (and probably a few somebodies) voice. I'll believe it when I see the trade or signing.

Mike

« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
He still probably ends up in LA.

That said, he really doesn't want to be in San Antonio anymore. He might look for any way out, and be willing to do anything to get out.

That's where his friendship and his agent's relationship with Irving could matter.

But he still probably ends up in LA. 

« Reply #490 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
According to multiple reports, Jerry West is being really aggressive in negotiations for Kawhi to come to the Clippers.

You know what would be funny though? Similar to the Carmelo Anthony rumors 2 years ago, what if they have some deal in place with Kawhi and another player coming back, but it doesn't happen because again Doc doesn't want to trade his son   :P  :laugh:

« Reply #491 on: June 20, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Just keep Jaylen....21 years old, getting better everyday....Way cheaper salary too.

NOT coming off a year long injury either.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #492 on: June 20, 2018, 02:42:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Let him go to the Clippers and rot for a year.

« Reply #493 on: June 20, 2018, 02:45:13 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
What teams other then the Lakers players try to force their way to?
(Kawhi Lonzo Kobe ...)

« Reply #494 on: June 20, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Feels like it's going to be Jerry West vs. Magic Johnson for Kawhi Leonard

Unless of course Kawhi actually ends up staying and all sides make up despite what ESPN has consistently been reporting (which would make me laugh super hard)  :laugh:

I hope Jerry wins that battle.