Author Topic: Chris Broussard "Rondo available"  (Read 3625 times)

Re: Chris Broussard "Rondo available"
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

Rajon Rondo's agent Billy Duffy has been assured by Danny Ainge that Rajon Rondo will not be traded before Thursday's deadline.
Well, that was fun while it lasted. While deals can still happen after a player has been assured he won't be moved, it would be a monumental surprise to see Rondo moved. It's also probable teams aren't interested in giving up a ton of value for Rondo, who won't contribute this season.

Source: Sam Amick

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 229
I'm curious if New  Orleans would possibly entertain a Rondo for Vasquez and Lopez deal. Vasquez has proven to be a borderline all star in this league with his passing ability and outside shooting and Lopez, while an under whelming rebounder, could be just what the C's are looking for in a defensive anchor while KG sits on the bench. Both are young and still improving so it would be a win now/ for the future kind of trade. And i'm sure New Orleans would jump at the chance to build around Rondo/Gordon/Davis/a top 5 pick this year.

Other parts would have to be thrown in to make the deal work.

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
If i'm Danny Ainge i'm on the phone with the Kings for the next 30 ours trying to swing Rondo for a package centered around DMC.

what I'm talki n about.     :D

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'm curious if New  Orleans would possibly entertain a Rondo for Vasquez and Lopez deal. Vasquez has proven to be a borderline all star in this league with his passing ability and outside shooting and Lopez, while an under whelming rebounder, could be just what the C's are looking for in a defensive anchor while KG sits on the bench. Both are young and still improving so it would be a win now/ for the future kind of trade. And i'm sure New Orleans would jump at the chance to build around Rondo/Gordon/Davis/a top 5 pick this year.

God no...please this is selling Rondo for 20 cents on the dollar

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:12 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Rajon Rondo's agent Billy Duffy has been assured by Danny Ainge that Rajon Rondo will not be traded before Thursday's deadline.
Well, that was fun while it lasted. While deals can still happen after a player has been assured he won't be moved, it would be a monumental surprise to see Rondo moved. It's also probable teams aren't interested in giving up a ton of value for Rondo, who won't contribute this season.

Ya there were questions about his value when healthy

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

Well this sucks. Rondo is really our only trade chip to fetch talent to win it all this year. And don't give me the "Oh, there's always next year" crap. Pierce and KG are 35 and 36. 35! and 36! There has to be some sense of urgency that this is their last year playing.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It isn't. But NO will likely not do this deal regardless. Vasquez is pretty good.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Ew yuck.

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell

It isn't. But NO will likely not do this deal regardless. Vasquez is pretty good.

I'm not so sure New Orleans turns this down. Getting a household name like Rondo may be what they need to keep Eric Gordon convinced that New Orleans is an attractive team moving forward. Also, a Rondo-Davis combo could be unreal. Alley-oop city.

And i'd love to have Vazquez and Lopez here, they play their tails off every night. When KG and PP are gone i'll take pride in seeing guys like Grevis, Avery, Sully and Lopez who put it on the line every night opposed to Rondo who is known to take games off and who Danny Ainge is just using to sell tickets when KG and PP retire. Yeah, i said it. What?

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I think some rival GMs keep throwing these Rondo trade rumors out there just to screw with Ainge.

Mike

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think some rival GMs keep throwing these Rondo trade rumors out there just to screw with Ainge.

Mike
Ainge is notorious with his low ball offers, wouldn't be shocked if they were trying to annoy him right back via Broussard.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Boston Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge is a good listener, and league executives continue to call Ainge about point guard Rajon Rondo's availability even though Rondo is out for the season with a torn ACL, an NBA executive told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about ongoing negotiations.

Yet according to Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, Ainge said on Wednesday that Rondo will not be traded.

"He was emphatic that they would not trade Rajon Rondo," Duffy told USA TODAY Sports. "He said, 'We love him, and he's our guy moving forward.' Everybody is trade-able, and there's always a bunch of dialogue with every player in the league who doesn't have a no-trade clause, or LeBron James and a few other guys. In this particular case, Danny Ainge was emphatic that 'we are not trading Rajon Rondo.'"

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 12:58:00 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
These reporters are saying nothing.  This is ridiculous.

He is "listening"... okay what does that mean?  What does "available" mean?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

It means he is good at listening because people keep calling him up to ask about Rondo. He listens. He says no.

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

via Ken Berger:

"I'm told the "right deal" for Rondo would be: Dwight Howard, Chris Paul or a massive haul of assets like Denver got for Melo. Not happening."
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."