Author Topic: Celtics (39-16) at Lakers (42-12) Game #56 2/23/20  (Read 56506 times)

Re: Celtics (39-16) at Lakers (42-12) Game #56 2/23/20
« Reply #840 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:13 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I cant believe we can go toe to toe with a veteran led title contending Lakers squad carried by a 35 year old lebron when our two best players on the court are 21 and 23. Couple that with no Kemba and the future is insanely bright.
#JKJB

« Reply #841 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
good game

not the refs faults

learn from this lost

get better

*sippin*

You serious??

Brown out of bounds

Anthony Davis over the back/off pinky

KCP push on Tatum

I agree with Triboy -
It wasn't just one bad call it was multiple ones.  Jaylen was not out of bounds on that save to Tatum, that was a horrible call too.

I need an adding machine to count up all the horrid calls!

« Reply #842 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sometimes I wish Brad would just unleash JT and do away with his substitution patterns, specially when the other Cs aren’t doing much. It’s frustrating when you see JT going off and then Brad sits him down for a long stretch. He had like 37 points at the end of the 3rd and ended up with just 41.

I actually thought he did abandon his substitution patterns. Usually Tatum is the first to sit in the 3rd, but he decided to sit Brown and Hayward, and left Tatum out there to do his thing for almost the entire period. He came back in around the 8 minute mark of the 4th; we just didn't have enough to make up for some ill-timed missed lay-ups and garbage calls.

I do wish Brad would use his challenges on anything but a body to body foul call though. No matter what, there is always some kind of contact down low and those calls will always be upheld in order for the officials to save face.

« Reply #843 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:37 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Tough loss.

We played pretty good. Brad has a few offensive schematics to iron out now that Tatum has gone galaxy-brain though.

very good point. Very little man or ball movement in the 4th quarter - way too much dribbling by Tatum.

Unfortunately, I don't see nice-guy Stevens pulling Tatum back, "Gosh, Jayson might get mad at me if I don't let him do what he wants."

He passed but only to his buddies Brown or Hayward

Pass it to the open man Tatum

Only criticism. Otherwise big time game

I think his next step is to get rid of the ball quicker when he gets doubled, and to someone who is either open or can relay it to whoever is open. He held on to the ball a bit too long. But he'll figure it out he's a quick learner
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #844 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Frustrating loss for sure.  But at least Laker Nation got to see Tatum's skill set on full display - in the hated Celtics jersey no less.  The player they could have had instead of Lonzo Ball.

« Reply #845 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:57 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I believe we have a Superstar in the making in Jayson Tatum....and JB isn't that far behind.

Proud of how the 21 YO stepped up today.

Except neither Tatum nor any other Celtic gets superstar calls. LeBron ALWAYS get them.

Man, it's hard to say that on a night when Tatum had 15 FTs.

But they weren't on superstar calls. He actually had to earn them.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #846 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Tough loss.

We played pretty good. Brad has a few offensive schematics to iron out now that Tatum has gone galaxy-brain though.

very good point. Very little man or ball movement in the 4th quarter - way too much dribbling by Tatum.

Unfortunately, I don't see nice-guy Stevens pulling Tatum back, "Gosh, Jayson might get mad at me if I don't let him do what he wants."

He passed but only to his buddies Brown or Hayward

Pass it to the open man Tatum

Only criticism. Otherwise big time game

I think his next step is to get rid of the ball quicker when he gets doubled, and to someone who is either open or can relay it to whoever is open. He held on to the ball a bit too long. But he'll figure it out he's a quick learner

Yeah, he holds the ball until the double team is on top of him. Gotta pass it a lot sooner.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #847 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The only good thing was that Celts almost won without Kemba

With Kemba Celts win tonight

« Reply #848 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I cant believe we can go toe to toe with a veteran led title contending Lakers squad carried by a 35 year old lebron when our two best players on the court are 21 and 23. Couple that with no Kemba and the future is insanely bright.

So much this...

As the LeBrons and the Durants fade Jayson and Jaylen will take over the NBA.

« Reply #849 on: February 23, 2020, 06:38:14 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Lebron and co do understand that every call has value at this stage.. and they are using the refs for their favour.. we need guys to step up and challenge them not only physically but mentally too.. we will reach there.. give more time to langford and Williams.. and more shots.. both playing defence.. and unafraid to challenge.. I think next year they will score more.. for me they are rotation guys already.. I am delighted with romeo.. he is unafraid and challenged lebron..

When we complain we get called for T. Remember when Walker got ejected?

Agree on Romeo, he has been thoroughly outplaying Semi on D. With Kemba we win this. We dont have to play Wanamaker in games like this when we are healthy.

« Reply #850 on: February 23, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
We were in their building without Kemba. They won because Rondo rose up and tortured Wanamaker, and Kanter is busted up with his injury. Stinks to lose but I like our chances in a series with them.

« Reply #851 on: February 23, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
tough loss, it seemed like brad kept Tatum on the bench way to long to start the 4th, oh well....               on to the next...

« Reply #852 on: February 23, 2020, 06:40:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
As transcendent as Tatum was tonight, this game also exposed the next step he needs to take:  punishing teams with his vision.  When the Lakers sent two bodies at him, it largely stymied our offense. 

yes this is exactly what happened and will be exactly what happens in the playoffs.  Teams will bring the 2nd defender and test Tatum to see if he can find the open man.  If he can't make that play, tough def teams are going to do it over and over again to us in the playoffs.

I am sure that Brad already knows this, so that is why having 2 other 20 point scorers should help.  But Tatum needs to keep his head up all the time, to watch for the open man.  I think unfortunately right now, even though he has improved his handle a lot, he can't handle the ball well while keeping his head up looking to make a play for the other guys.  Next step I know...

« Reply #853 on: February 23, 2020, 06:40:38 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Sometimes I wish Brad would just unleash JT and do away with his substitution patterns, specially when the other Cs aren’t doing much. It’s frustrating when you see JT going off and then Brad sits him down for a long stretch. He had like 37 points at the end of the 3rd and ended up with just 41.

I actually thought he did abandon his substitution patterns. Usually Tatum is the first to sit in the 3rd, but he decided to sit Brown and Hayward, and left Tatum out there to do his thing for almost the entire period. He came back in around the 8 minute mark of the 4th; we just didn't have enough to make up for some ill-timed missed lay-ups and garbage calls.

I do wish Brad would use his challenges on anything but a body to body foul call though. No matter what, there is always some kind of contact down low and those calls will always be upheld in order for the officials to save face.

The problem with challenges is you could only use one. So they have to be very picky in where to use it. We picked the right challenge this game, but we couldve used some more. Also the refs clearly erred on that challenge.

« Reply #854 on: February 23, 2020, 06:41:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
tough loss, it seemed like brad kept Tatum on the bench way to long to start the 4th, oh well....               on to the next...

umm

he is not  robot..he needs rest..