Author Topic: Trade for Kawhi?  (Read 17375 times)

Trade for Kawhi?
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:19:28 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Anyone on board for a Kawhi Leonard for Brown, Smart and a few picks?

Kawhi said he wants out.

It wouldn't get much better than Kyrie, Hayward and Kawhi. Just saying.

Re: Trade for Kawhi?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Kawhi said he wants out.

No chance San Antonio is trading him, and if they were it would take a lot more. I think it would start with Tatum/Brown and the Lakers pick.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Kawhi said he wants out.

I think ESPN is blowing that out of proportions, but I'd do that package any day of the week, unsure if Spurs will do it though, I'll definitely throw in the Lakers pick

Kyrie/Tatum/Hayward/Horford/Kawhi, just wow

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Before everyone shoots it down. Remember last year when the "Kyrie wants out" news came out and initially we thought we didn't need him because we had IT. Ahem, well be rest assured Ainge has probably already made calls inquiring about what's going on.

Who has the assets to even make a call besides the Celtics?

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:31:04 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
I doubt they trade him but if he absolutely demands a trade then the package would have to be Brown or Tatum plus the Lakers/Kings and the Grizzlies pick to begin with.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Before everyone shoots it down. Remember last year when the "Kyrie wants out" news came out and initially we thought we didn't need him because we had IT. Ahem, well be rest assured Ainge has probably already made calls inquiring about what's going on.

Who has the assets to even make a call besides the Celtics?

Also last year, I remember the Spurs initially discrediting Jackie MacMullan’s piece about Aldridge wanting out and being unhappy.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:41:10 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
Just for discussion....I would start at...

Tatum is off limits.

They can have Brown, the Lakers pick, another pick and anyone else besides Kyrie and Tatum.

Do you know how much our defense would improve with Kawhi? Easliy the best two way player in the game.

Brown fits in with the Spurs youth movement and that Lakers pick will set them up pretty good.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Kawhi said he wants out.

Source that he said he wants out? I've heard there was some friction, but I hadn't heard that?

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Kyrie, Hayward, Kawhi, Tatum, Horford.

Rozier and Baynes off the bench.

If healthy, I would bet on that team vs Golden State ;D
- LilRip

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 01:03:49 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I'd happily move Brown and the pick stash to pick up Kawhi, but it's not happening.

I also don't believe Kawhi wants out.  That assertion comes from Jalen Rose (lol).  First of all, he's no source.  Second, his reasoning makes little sense.  The Spurs are struggling to attract elite talent?  Lamarcus Aldridge exists as a counterpoint to that statement.  Since then, their lack of available cap space - not this stupid "stars don't want to come to San Antonio because they'd have to work" idea put forth by Rose - is what has kept them from adding any more major pieces.  But despite their apparent lack of elite talent, the Spurs have remained very relevant in the West even without Kawhi. 

Get out of here with that.  This crap is why fans are giving up on ESPN's analysis.  Is there friction over this injury?  Sure, I'd believe that; that makes sense to me.  But Jalen Rose's opinion is useless and should be treated as such.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline LRNation_

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I mean, since Kawhi wants out, the Spurs don't have that much leverage. Even with the Kyrie trade, the cavs got a terrible deal for it. Can you imagine us with Crowder, Zizic, and IT still on this team? Would we get the same results that we have right now? If I were the celtics, I would trade Brown (Kawhi is a better 2-way player) the LA/Sac pick, the Grizzlies or Clippers pick, and add in a few other bench players with the process. Maybe we could trade Horford and replace him with Theis  ::)

Looking at the league right now, everybody literally wants out, it's unbelievable. Giannis might grow unhappy due to Kidd being fired. Imagine if we got a trade for him going...

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Not sure this narrative really holds much water, but even if true...... is Kawhi gonna, like, play basketball? Recent string of injuries if concerning. Admittedly I'm not keeping close tabs on the situation but if we're talking about a guy who will be making a full recovery and returning to the court next year, I mean, we already got one of those.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 02:17:51 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Kawhi with those injury issue isn't worth Brown alone
Rozier, Smart ,Nader,Morris and lakers pick or no deal

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I'd happily move Brown and the pick stash to pick up Kawhi, but it's not happening.

I also don't believe Kawhi wants out.  That assertion comes from Jalen Rose (lol).  First of all, he's no source.  Second, his reasoning makes little sense.  The Spurs are struggling to attract elite talent?  Lamarcus Aldridge exists as a counterpoint to that statement.  Since then, their lack of available cap space - not this stupid "stars don't want to come to San Antonio because they'd have to work" idea put forth by Rose - is what has kept them from adding any more major pieces.  But despite their apparent lack of elite talent, the Spurs have remained very relevant in the West even without Kawhi. 

Get out of here with that.  This crap is why fans are giving up on ESPN's analysis.  Is there friction over this injury?  Sure, I'd believe that; that makes sense to me.  But Jalen Rose's opinion is useless and should be treated as such.

I bet you wrote this same thing last year when rumor got out that Kyrie wanted out after winning a title. We just never know what is going on. The Spurs are fairly old and could start a rebuild.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I bet you wrote this same thing last year when rumor got out that Kyrie wanted out after winning a title. We just never know what is going on. The Spurs are fairly old and could start a rebuild.
Sure, but the rebuild would start with Leonard who isn't exactly old and is a top 5 player in the league (when healthy).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip