Author Topic: Patriots 2019 Offseason  (Read 26671 times)

Patriots 2019 Offseason
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
A thread for anything Patriots-related during the offseason.

Here's the first bomb:

Michael Bennett traded to New England for 2020 5th Round pick. Highway robbery for Belichick! They finally get a helluva pass rusher. Sadly, that means Trey Flowers is gone.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Re: Patriots 2019 Offseason
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Hopefully, his brother comes back too.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 04:29:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Adam Schefter: Martellus Bennett interested in coming out of retirement to play together with his brother, Michael, in New England.

Also, Danny Amendola has just been released by Miami.

Wow, the Patriots are absolutely going to be dangerous again.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Here's the first bomb:

Michael Bennett traded to New England for 2020 5th Round pick. Highway robbery for Belichick! They finally get a helluva pass rusher. Sadly, that means Trey Flowers is gone.

Not sure I like the Bennett move much. He seems like a solid player but also comes with baggage supposedly (his awful attitude/demeanor off the field which rubs people the wrong way about him). I would have rather paid Flowers (younger, knows system, no drama) the 14-15M/Year.

Adam Schefter: Martellus Bennett interested in coming out of retirement to play together with his brother, Michael, in New England.

WOW what an hour it's been. Just imagine if Martellus + Dola return, Gronk doesn't retire, Gordon comes back sometime next season from suspension and everything works out. Then you have Edelman, Martellus, Amendola, Gronk, Gordon, 1-2 more receivers from the Draft to go along with our RBs (Michel, White, Burkhead, maybe Jeremy Hill on a prove-it deal). Nice!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 05:26:29 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Here's the first bomb:

Not sure I like the Bennett move much. He seems like a solid player but also comes with baggage supposedly (his awful attitude/demeanor off the field which rubs people the wrong way about him). I would have rather paid Flowers (younger, knows system, no drama) the 14-15M/Year.

WOW what an hour it's been. Just imagine if Martellus + Dola return, Gronk doesn't retire, Gordon comes back sometime next season from suspension and everything works out. Then you have Edelman, Martellus, Amendola, Gronk, Gordon, 1-2 more receivers from the Draft to go along with our RBs (Michel, White, Burkhead, maybe Jeremy Hill on a prove-it deal). Nice!

Sounds low. If they could get him for that I think they'd keep him with or without bennett. I'm hearing more like 17-18 million.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 07:05:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Wow, the trade for Michael Bennett surprises me (not sure why). I wanted them to hang on to Flowers—and I guess that's technically still possible?—but Bennett's pass-rush win rate last season was nearly double that of Flowers (30% vs. 16%), so maybe this will actually mean an improvement in the pass rush.

It would also be cool if Martellus Bennett comes out of retirement to help spell Gronk.

And Amendola was released?!? Wow again. I'm for bringing him back at the right price.

Edit: TP, Sparz, for starting this thread.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 08:39:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bennett is looking for a raise from the maximum $7million+ he is signed to. Hope he doesn't cause issues. Looks like his team mates in Philly thought highly of him. That's a good sign.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 10:55:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Wow, the trade for Michael Bennett surprises me (not sure why). I wanted them to hang on to Flowers—and I guess that's technically still possible?—but Bennett's pass-rush win rate last season was nearly double that of Flowers (30% vs. 16%), so maybe this will actually mean an improvement in the pass rush.

It would also be cool if Martellus Bennett comes out of retirement to help spell Gronk.

And Amendola was released?!? Wow again. I'm for bringing him back at the right price.

Edit: TP, Sparz, for starting this thread.

TP right back at ya RnR.

He was an insurance signing for Trey Flowers. A veteran and can attack the passer. I like the signing. He'll be disciplined under Belichick. Time to start making moves and pick up some weapons!

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dwayne Allen signs with Miami for 2/7M. We had released him because he obviously wasn't worth the 7.3M for next season (and we opened up that space too by releasing him). Good for Allen, still got paid fairly well and he did help us with his great blocking over the past few seasons. Hopefully this also means Gronk is coming back for sure. We'll still need to add another TE but I imagine we do that in the Draft.

Here's the first bomb:

Sounds low. If they could get him for that I think they'd keep him with or without bennett. I'm hearing more like 17-18 million.

Yeah something tells me we'll see an AFC EastCest happen where NYJ or MIA land Trey Flowers, maybe Dorsett goes to an AFC East team, and hell why not Hogan too. Oh and Amendola got released from MIA and could return to NE. AFC East teams rotating players around different teams :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Is Amenda to the Pats complete speculation?  Any comments from him or anyone associated with him or the Pats?  Didn’t he have some unpleasant things to say about the Pats upon his departure? 

Also, Michael Bennett had some very negative things to say about his new defensive coordinator, Greg Siano.  Will be interesting.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2019, 03:23:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Dwayne Allen signs with Miami for 2/7M. We had released him because he obviously wasn't worth the 7.3M for next season (and we opened up that space too by releasing him). Good for Allen, still got paid fairly well and he did help us with his great blocking over the past few seasons. Hopefully this also means Gronk is coming back for sure. We'll still need to add another TE but I imagine we do that in the Draft.

Here's the first bomb:

Yeah something tells me we'll see an AFC EastCest happen where NYJ or MIA land Trey Flowers, maybe Dorsett goes to an AFC East team, and hell why not Hogan too. Oh and Amendola got released from MIA and could return to NE. AFC East teams rotating players around different teams :P

"To beat the Patriots gotta use former Patriots players and personnel"

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Trent Brown to the Raiders.

Amendola is headed to Detroit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 12:48:04 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I figured Brown was gone, but it's still a bummer to see it become official. That guy is a mountain. I wonder what the plan is to replace him.

Dola wouldv'e been nice to have back, but I think they'll be fine at receiver.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I figured Brown was gone, but it's still a bummer to see it become official. That guy is a mountain. I wonder what the plan is to replace him.

Didn't they already replace Brown with the trade for Bennett?

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 12:57:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Didn't they already replace Brown with the trade for Bennett?

You’re thinking of Flowers.

Brown plays LT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes