Author Topic: Kings play by play announcer Grant Napear torches 'disgraceful' DeMarcus Cousins  (Read 23546 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Boogie needs a second chance

One in which he can truely start over .....walking into somebodies else locker room.

He needs to find a team he can be part of ..

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Yeah, I tend to agree.

If he were to go to another team with a half decent organisational structure and still had all the same problems, then I would be happy to conclude that he is an unfortunate lost cause.

At the present time though I just feel it's too soon to judge given what he's been stuck in.  I'd like a chance to be able to separate the problematic Cousins from the Problematic Kings in order to determine once and for all which of the two the trouble follows (if not both). 

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
We weren't ever going to get him without a melt down like this.  We should be glad it's happening, because he's so good that they were NEVER going to let him go otherwise.  At least we have a chance at him now.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If what you and others say are true and DMC's attitude can be directly attributed to the King's management's dysfunction then of course he knew what he was getting into.

Cousins signed his contract in September 2013.

At that point, Ranadive had owned the Kings for about four months.  Mike Malone -- a coach that Cousins respected immensely -- had been hired in May of that year.

How would he have known what he was getting into?
Because it was Kings and because they had been disappointing him for years already. The owner had just changed but te same management team that had three awful drafts and couldn't put any decent talent around DMC was still te same management team.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:42:45 PM by nickagneta »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
To me 2016 Sactown Boogie feels so similar to 1992 Philly Barkley. I hope Danny and IT can get this 7 foot rampaging pivot beast in green while the iron is hot and his stock is low. High risk high reward opportunity here. Gotta go for it.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Yeah, I tend to agree.

If he were to go to another team with a half decent organisational structure and still had all the same problems, then I would be happy to conclude that he is an unfortunate lost cause.

At the present time though I just feel it's too soon to judge given what he's been stuck in.  I'd like a chance to be able to separate the problematic Cousins from the Problematic Kings in order to determine once and for all which of the two the trouble follows (if not both).

I agree. He liked Mike Malone, right, and didn't really cause any trouble for him? So if he liked Stevens, maybe he'd be a great fit in Boston. Plus, I feel like the potential with Cousins is so high that we'd be remiss to not give him a shot.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

If what you and others say are true and DMC's attitude can be directly attributed to the King's management's dysfunction then of course he knew what he was getting into.

Cousins signed his contract in September 2013.

At that point, Ranadive had owned the Kings for about four months.  Mike Malone -- a coach that Cousins respected immensely -- had been hired in May of that year.

How would he have known what he was getting into?
Because it was Kings and because they had been disappointing him for years already. The owner had just changed but te same management team that had three awful drafts and couldn't put any decent talent around DMC was still te same management team.
i have seen this precise argument more than a dozen times in this thread. but what i dont see well articulated is a response to the fact that every other player on Sac suffered/suffers through the identical disappointments, same bad management, same bad draft, lack of talent...yet they dont respond the same way as cousins.

it is more than the environment. it is ALSO, IN ADDITION TO, SUPPLEMENTED BY, AUGUMENTED BY, ADDED TO by cousins having some profound personality disorders.

by moving to a new organization he may solve #1 above, but this is in no way, shape, or form a lock to alter #2.

the most positive thing anyone can really say with any confidence is that by changing teams he may not be as big an **** on the new team...maybe.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva