Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 963877 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3300 on: February 15, 2022, 04:20:34 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
What the Wife and I have watched lately:

1883 - So slow and boring.  No likeable characters outside of the 1 that was killed.  They travel approx. 0.3 miles an episode.
Boba Fett - worst show on TV that I've seen.  SJW Boba Fett is lame.  Pathetic in every way. 
Reacher - Only watched a few episodes and its ok.  Guy needs to keep his shirt on.
Wheel of Time - is OK nothing ground breaking but was entertained.

Dune - Really liked it and I would rate it better than Star Wars.  I watched without any prior knowledge of this story and for some reason have always thought it would be boring so resisted watching.  Wife also really liked it.

« Reply #3301 on: February 15, 2022, 04:45:52 PM »

Kiorrik

1883 - So slow and boring.  No likeable characters outside of the 1 that was killed.  They travel approx. 0.3 miles an episode.
Boba Fett - worst show on TV that I've seen.  SJW Boba Fett is lame.  Pathetic in every way.
Reacher - Only watched a few episodes and its ok.  Guy needs to keep his shirt on.

Dune - Really liked it and I would rate it better than Star Wars.  I watched without any prior knowledge of this story and for some reason have always thought it would be boring so resisted watching.  Wife also really liked it.

Boba was actively terrible television.

I 100% think this is because they made Mando into the character Boba should've been. And it's fine because Mando is absolutely awesome.

But it left them with nowhere to go with Boba.

They couldn't have written that character any different than he's known to the fanbase if they tried.

« Reply #3302 on: February 15, 2022, 04:52:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25616
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

How far did you make it in Book of Boba Fett?  There's a lot of bad, but the Mandalorian scenes are awesome, as are some of the other storylines.  The finale was a mixed bag.  I agree on the character himself:  really lame overall.

I agree on 1883.  I really want to love this series, but I kind of wish Elsa would die.  It doesn't have much of a story arc.  It's like in the typical 50 minute episode there's 3 minutes of action and 47 minutes of plodding.

Dune was amazing.

Agreed on Wheel of Time.

Haven't seen Reacher.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3303 on: February 15, 2022, 04:56:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I 100% think this is because they made Mando into the character Boba should've been. And it's fine because Mando is absolutely awesome.

They couldn't have written that character any different than he's known to the fanbase if they tried.

I guess he must have spent months in that Sarlac Pit, and had plenty of time for introspection.  He decided that rather than being an amoral badass, he wanted to be a wimp with a heart of gold.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3304 on: February 15, 2022, 04:58:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Don't Look Up. Thought it one of the worst movies I have watched and actually sat all the way through in decades. Can't believe it got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.

Last film I felt that way about was Chariots of Fire. My ex-wife still makes fun of me for taking her to see that pile of crap movie 40 years later.

« Reply #3305 on: February 15, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »

Kiorrik

I guess he must have spent months in that Sarlac Pit, and had plenty of time for introspection.  He decided that rather than being an amoral badass, he wanted to be a wimp with a heart of gold.

Hahaha - it's the strangest choice I've seen writers make on a character arc.

He literally overnight changed into pretty much the opposite of what he was before.

« Reply #3306 on: February 15, 2022, 05:00:13 PM »

Kiorrik

Don't Look Up. Thought it one of the worst movies I have watched and actually sat all the way through in decades. Can't believe it got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.

Last film I felt that way about was Chariots of Fire. My ex-wife still makes fun of me for taking her to see that pile of crap movie 40 years later.

What did you think of Idiocracy (2006)?

« Reply #3307 on: February 15, 2022, 05:04:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The worst Academy Award winner for Best Picture I've seen has got to be the English Patient.  It had no redeeming qualities.  I had that opinion even before the Seinfeld episode lambasting it.  A friend and I went and saw it because of the WWII aspect, and somehow we stayed through the end.

« Reply #3308 on: February 15, 2022, 05:10:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Never saw it and if it's supposed to fall into the category of "Bad movie but loved by the Academy", I'm not going to go looking to watch it.

« Reply #3309 on: February 15, 2022, 05:12:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Ok …..here goes ….a rare gem and in my top 25 …..cause I like movies that are different and march to a different drummer…LOL.   Relax , mindless and enjoy.

Go rent “The Gods must be Crazy”

« Reply #3310 on: February 15, 2022, 05:13:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

I disliked it also.

« Reply #3311 on: February 15, 2022, 05:14:01 PM »

Kiorrik

Never saw it and if it's supposed to fall into the category of "Bad movie but loved by the Academy", I'm not going to go looking to watch it.

Oh I don't know about accolades. It's just gained a cult following and it's kind of in line with this movie. It's a satire about the direction we're headed in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2tUW0HDHA

I think for context, seeing Idiocracy first, is kind of like watching the prequel.

« Reply #3312 on: February 15, 2022, 05:17:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

The worst Academy Award winner for Best Picture I've seen has got to be the English Patient.  It had no redeeming qualities.  I had that opinion even before the Seinfeld episode lambasting it.  A friend and I went and saw it because of the WWII aspect, and somehow we stayed through the end.
Did not like the English Patient. It falls it that "Bad but not so bad you want to rip your eyes out and go get your memory erased" category that Chariots of Fire and Don't Look Up was for me.

English Patient was on par with The King's Speech for me. Just really bad, slow, uneventful, boring, drawn out, and something that the Academy loved, which I found baffling. And you're right, the English Patient was kinda pushed as a WWII drama piece but seriously lacked the WWII and drama parts.

« Reply #3313 on: February 15, 2022, 05:20:40 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1454

Lol. Not going to lie, It was hard for me to get through as well. But so was the Last Duel. Movies just aren’t very good anymore. Thank god for HBO.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3314 on: February 15, 2022, 05:23:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lol. Not going to lie, It was hard to get through for me as well. But so was the Last Duel. Movies just aren’t very good anymore. Thank god for HBO.

Speaking of, the Peacemaker series is pretty entertaining.