Author Topic: Bender to play in Russia  (Read 7810 times)

Re: Bender to play in Russia
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 12:13:22 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
So Bender is now with the Bucks!

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
39m
Bender had an agreement to head to Russia if he couldn't find an NBA deal. Now has that NBA deal and will stay home.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
39m
Bender had an agreement to head to Russia if he couldn't find an NBA deal. Now has that NBA deal and will stay home.

Interesting move for the Bucks.

Bender could be a good fit at center next to Giannis. Let Giannis play in the paint and Bender play on the perimeter.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
39m

Bender could be a good fit at center next to Giannis. Let Giannis play in the paint and Bender play on the perimeter.
The Bucks have both Lopez brothers at center and Giannis and Ilyasova at PF. Bender will very rarely see playing time.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
39m

The Bucks have both Lopez brothers at center and Giannis and Ilyasova at PF. Bender will very rarely see playing time.

Unless someone gets hurt, or he starts to play better.  Smart move by Bucks.  No risk, some upside. He's still awfully young.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 01:18:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
39m

Unless someone gets hurt, or he starts to play better.  Smart move by Bucks.  No risk, some upside. He's still awfully young.

Yeah exactly, Bender is like a zero-risk opportunity for them.

They have the two Lopez brothers at center. Keep Bender as 3rd string. Experiment with Bender next to Giannis and see if Bender can be a long term fixture next to Giannis.

It will be hard to find a replacement for Brook Lopez in a couple of years time. Few centers stay on the perimeter as willingly and as ably as he does. Already a slow footed center. As he declines in terms of quickness and mobility in his 30s, Milwaukee will have a harder time keeping him on the floor. And when it comes time to replace him ... difficult.

Bender is a zero-risk opportunity at that. A perimeter orientated big who wants to be a forward but needs to be a center (Bender is too slow and not skilled enough to be a PF). Giannis is a forward who wants to play around the basket like a center. Those two could be perfect for one another. Giannis could help hide Bender's weaknesses perhaps better than anyone else in the league can. And Bender hopefully (!!!) can be useful enough on the perimeter to free Giannis to do what he does best. 

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 01:51:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Bucks are always doing things I wish the Celtics would do. Except for that Bledso contract, ouch.

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 02:12:19 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
The Bucks are always doing things I wish the Celtics would do. Except for that Bledso contract, ouch.
I don't think signing Bender is something the Celtics should have done. It's a decent move for the Bucks as it has no risk, but the chances of him being anything useful in the NBA are not good. I'm totally fine with the Celtics not signing Bender.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 02:22:50 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

You mean sign a player who since the age of 17 during a period he should be improving hasnt played any significant minutes?

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I don't think signing Bender is something the Celtics should have done. It's a decent move for the Bucks as it has no risk, but the chances of him being anything useful in the NBA are not good. I'm totally fine with the Celtics not signing Bender.

That stack up on bigs and shooters to put next to Giannis. Oh and they drafted Giannis....

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 02:39:45 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52

That stack up on bigs and shooters to put next to Giannis. Oh and they drafted Giannis....
The only thing the Bucks have done that is better than what the Celtics have done is draft Giannis. Now, that's obviously a big thing, but also a result of luck. They had no idea Giannis would be this good. That sort of thing happens, you get good luck and bad luck. The Celtics were lucky that Paul Pierce slipped to them the year he was in the draft. It was nothing they did. Likewise with Giannis, it's not like the Bucks traded up a bunch of spots because they really believed he was a superstar in the making. He was an intriguing player at that spot, so they took a chance.

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

The only thing the Bucks have done that is better than what the Celtics have done is draft Giannis. Now, that's obviously a big thing, but also a result of luck. They had no idea Giannis would be this good. That sort of thing happens, you get good luck and bad luck. The Celtics were lucky that Paul Pierce slipped to them the year he was in the draft. It was nothing they did. Likewise with Giannis, it's not like the Bucks traded up a bunch of spots because they really believed he was a superstar in the making. He was an intriguing player at that spot, so they took a chance.

I think they put together a really good team last year. They also traded for Middleton, bought low on Brook Lopez, brought Robin in on an undermarket value contract, They have some good low priced contracts with Connaughton, Brown and DiVincenzo. Really the one big mistake they made was the Bledsoe contract. I personally hope their team falls apart and we get a higher than expected draft pick.

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2019, 04:07:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

they build with talls first .... DANNY IS OPPOSITE .  SMH

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2019, 04:23:46 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

they build with talls first .... DANNY IS OPPOSITE .  SMH

But now Danny has the Tallest tall of all!

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Probably get more money and playing time in Russia than Milwaukee
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2019, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
They drafted that likeable Mormon kid whose name escapes me atm. They allowed Brogdan to sign with the Pacers. Danny getting Tatum and a pick when he wouldn't taken Tates #1 was genius. Danny drafted Rondo...

It would be nice to be big to be able to match up with a Philly team that's league tallest. But if the Jays play like the stars we think they can be - I think we will be a tough cover for those lumbering giants.