Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 33036 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think doc deserves about 10% of the blame with our poor start.  Yeah he could have managed his rotations better.  but cmon, it comes down to our players.

RR, PP, KG have played pretty well, pretty consistent. 
Everyone else, no they haven't.  Bass, Terry, Jeff Green, Jet, C Lee...all have been disappointments to some degree.

add that to losing darko, who we thought might actually help leaves us really thin in players that consistently make a significant contribution.  I think Sully is the only player other than the big 3 who has exceeded my expectations for the season.

So to sum up, you have two old guys PP/KG who are still great but are showing their age, one superb point guard and then the drop off is pretty big.  Doc has no control over that.

Sorry your wrong. These same players with Jerry Sloan or Jeff Van Gundy would be second or third in the East.

And how do you know that?  KG / PP wouldn't even have came back to play for either of those coaches.  What makes you think that our roster would be better off with another coach?  Just because you say something doesn't make it automatically true.

Everyone on this board has such a short memory.  Last year everyone was singing doc's praises.  I personally feel this is more on the players.  Just like any other pro sport.

"KG / PP wouldn't even have came back to play for either of those coaches"  "Just because you say something doesn't make it automatically true."

Well both guys have gone on record that they wanted to play for Doc.  KG has basically said that he wasn't coming back unless Doc was.  So what is your point?

The random speculation about what other coaches could do is a lot different than something that players have actually said to the media.

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2012, 11:09:19 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I think doc deserves about 10% of the blame with our poor start.  Yeah he could have managed his rotations better.  but cmon, it comes down to our players.

Everyone else, no they haven't.  Bass, Terry, Jeff Green, Jet, C Lee...all have been disappointments to some degree.

add that to losing darko, who we thought might actually help leaves us really thin in players that consistently make a significant contribution.  I think Sully is the only player other than the big 3 who has exceeded my expectations for the season.

So to sum up, you have two old guys PP/KG who are still great but are showing their age, one superb point guard and then the drop off is pretty big.  Doc has no control over that.

Sorry your wrong. These same players with Jerry Sloan or Jeff Van Gundy would be second or third in the East.

And how do you know that?  KG / PP wouldn't even have came back to play for either of those coaches.  What makes you think that our roster would be better off with another coach?  Just because you say something doesn't make it automatically true.

Everyone on this board has such a short memory.  Last year everyone was singing doc's praises.  I personally feel this is more on the players.  Just like any other pro sport.

"KG / PP wouldn't even have came back to play for either of those coaches"  "Just because you say something doesn't make it automatically true."

Well both guys have gone on record that they wanted to play for Doc.  KG has basically said that he wasn't coming back unless Doc was.  So what is your point?

The random speculation about what other coaches could do is a lot different than something that players have actually said to the media.

Well even KG can be wrong from time to time on what he wants
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2012, 11:23:24 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

Oh cmon man. What do you expect them to say?
KG and Pierce have Celtic pride and loyalty.

The bottom line is Doc isnt getting results.
Now its just my opinion but I believe he is a poor coach and others could do better with the same players.

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Oh cmon man. What do you expect them to say?
KG and Pierce have Celtic pride and loyalty.

The bottom line is Doc isnt getting results.
Now its just my opinion but I believe he is a poor coach and others could do better with the same players.

So you think KG's and PP's celtic pride is going to make them stick their neck out for a bad coach and a coach that they don't respect?  Makes no sense.

I just disagree with you.  You can say I am wrong, whatever.  I don't think we need to change coaches.  I think we need to play with more hustle, effort and consistency.  And maybe trade for a big man who can be a threat on both sides of the ball.

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2012, 11:34:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I like Doc as person , and I think he is a good coach. 
BUttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Doc needs to  "OWN"  this loss.....its a classic bit of NON- COACHING as I've seen lately.

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2012, 12:30:29 AM »

Offline Big Rondo

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 37
Lets give Terry Francona a run at the Cs.

Doc can go manage those BUMS over at Fenway.
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounds win championships.

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2012, 12:33:42 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I thought that was a well coached game by Doc.  Someone remind me what he did so terribly wrong tonight?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2012, 12:40:06 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Doc is our biggest draw for players, getting rid of him is crazy. KG, Pierce, Rondo are all on record saying they only want to play for Doc the rest of their careers. Lee, Bass, Pietrus, and Green all wanted to come here because of Doc specifically. We lost because Terry and KG couldn't hit the broadside of a barn tonight. It happens sometimes, that's not Doc's fault. When you stick with your players, they learn to respect you.

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2012, 01:04:51 AM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
There is no way Ainge would fire him at this point. Doc wanted to retire last summer to spend time with his family. If it wasn't for him resigning, Garnett would have retired. Why would Ainge slap them both in the face and try to find a new coach already? Who is out there that is better than Doc besides Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan?

We are not the Lakers!!!, Why is it when a team doesn't match expectations it's fire that guy and trade this guy. I have grown tired of fans who make statements like this that makes no sense. Look at it this way, if Doc goes, Garnett goes, and Pierce goes too... Without those three we are a lottery team like the Wizards. '06-07 again?

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
At least I have my soul clear.I ve never as in never, been a Doc Rivers with more than 8 players fan.
He seems to manage rotations as good as I manage learning and writing proper english

TP
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2012, 01:19:10 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
At least I have my soul clear.I ve never as in never, been a Doc Rivers with more than 8 players fan.
He seems to manage rotations as good as I manage learning and writing proper english

That's your harshest criticism of Doc yet.  It can't be that bad.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2012, 01:28:07 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I thought that was a well coached game by Doc.  Someone remind me what he did so terribly wrong tonight?

Played Terry way too much.

« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2012, 01:37:34 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Turning a blind eye to reality doesn't make it any less real.

KG would have retired if Doc didn't come back.  Pierce probably comes back.  It would have been a farewell tour for Pierce, though. If the team struggles, he either asks for a trade, or retires at the end of the year.

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2012, 01:52:13 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Played Terry way too much.

Oh, that one.  I kept waiting for Jet to make a big shot late and make Doc look like a genius for sticking with him.  Alas, not to be.  And, hindsight is always 20/20.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2012, 02:33:18 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
This topic completely compromised it's credibility to me when it started talking about whether the young guys weren't being played enough.