Author Topic: Could NO/BOS deal include Okafor?  (Read 4507 times)

Re: Could NO/BOS deal include Okafor?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 01:19:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jeff Green's deal has been processed, so he can't be included in a S&T anymore.  That being the case, we can't trade him for 90 days (at least under the old CBA).

I'm not sure if there are any special rules in place to allow players signed this year to be traded at the deadline, but I would guess not.  Either way, any potential to do this deal will be long gone.

somebody on twitter last night claimed that because green's deal is one year that he can be traded as long as he gives consent, and they linked to the rules.  i have a feeling they were just reading the rules wrong, though.

Two separate rules:

1.  Free agents can't be traded until 90 days after they sign a contract (unless part of a sign-and-trade);

2.  Guys on one-year deals can't be traded without their consent.

Both apply to Green (or at least they did under the previous CBA, and haven't heard any report that those rules have been changed.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Jeff Green's deal has been processed, so he can't be included in a S&T anymore.  That being the case, we can't trade him for 90 days (at least under the old CBA).

I'm not sure if there are any special rules in place to allow players signed this year to be traded at the deadline, but I would guess not.  Either way, any potential to do this deal will be long gone.

somebody on twitter last night claimed that because green's deal is one year that he can be traded as long as he gives consent, and they linked to the rules.  i have a feeling they were just reading the rules wrong, though.

Two separate rules:

1.  Free agents can't be traded until 90 days after they sign a contract (unless part of a sign-and-trade);

2.  Guys on one-year deals can't be traded without their consent.

Both apply to Green (or at least they did under the previous CBA, and haven't heard any report that those rules have been changed.)

yeah, that's what i thought their misunderstanding was, but wasn't certain that the rules hadn't changed.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Jeff Green's deal has been processed, so he can't be included in a S&T anymore.  That being the case, we can't trade him for 90 days (at least under the old CBA).

I read somewhere that a player who has taken his qualify offer can be traded with his permission. I read a Radmanovic example, but i don't remember anything more

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 01:32:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jeff Green's deal has been processed, so he can't be included in a S&T anymore.  That being the case, we can't trade him for 90 days (at least under the old CBA).

I'm not sure if there are any special rules in place to allow players signed this year to be traded at the deadline, but I would guess not.  Either way, any potential to do this deal will be long gone.

I read somewhere that a player who has taken his qualify offer can be traded with his permission. I read a Radmanovic example, but i don't remember anything more

He can be traded with permission...  but not for 90 days.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 01:45:18 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
They just need to get the deal done for West...I don't care if we have to throw in JJJ or the C's 20-12 pick (Just keep the clippers one)

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm not sure why so many people are trying to get rid of Jeff Green.  He may have had some troubles in the playoffs, but I'm very excited to see how he plays with a full season with us under his belt.  I think he can be a very helpful piece now and potentially a major piece of the future.  If we pull off the deal for David West and it only costs us JO and loose change, we will be in the running this year as well as having Rondo, DWest, Jeff Green and Bass as building blocks of the future.  I really hope we hold on to Green and Rondo and I'm really getting really tired of reading about peoples ideas to trade them.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless