Author Topic: NBA Trying To Resuscitate Paul Trade Talks With Clipper  (Read 1995 times)

NBA Trying To Resuscitate Paul Trade Talks With Clipper
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
While the Clippers are believed to have walked away from trade negotiations for Chris Paul, the NBA is believed to be trying to resuscitate trade talks.

The Clippers are offering Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and the Hornets' choice between Eric Gordon and the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves.

Talks fell apart when the NBA demanded both Gordon and the Minnesota pick be included for Paul.

A source tells Marc Stein that Paul wants to be with the Clippers and the team is still prepared to listen to offers from the NBA.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217433/NBA_Trying_To_Resuscitate_Paul_Trade_Talks_With_Clippers#ixzz1gN962xIR

We could definitely have beaten Aminu,Kaman, and Gordon (or the Minny pick) if we still could trade Jeff Green.

I wonder if the hold up with Green has something to do with CP...

Re: NBA Trying To Resuscitate Paul Trade Talks With Clipper
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 08:18:07 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN there is renewed momentum to seal @CP3 trade to Clippers as soon as Tueday

- Marc Stein
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
While the Clippers are believed to have walked away from trade negotiations for Chris Paul, the NBA is believed to be trying to resuscitate trade talks.

The Clippers are offering Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu and the Hornets' choice between Eric Gordon and the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves.

Talks fell apart when the NBA demanded both Gordon and the Minnesota pick be included for Paul.

A source tells Marc Stein that Paul wants to be with the Clippers and the team is still prepared to listen to offers from the NBA.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217433/NBA_Trying_To_Resuscitate_Paul_Trade_Talks_With_Clippers#ixzz1gN962xIR

We could definitely have beaten Aminu,Kaman, and Gordon (or the Minny pick) if we still could trade Jeff Green.

I wonder if the hold up with Green has something to do with CP...
I love it. Clippers are calling David Stern's bluff.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 08:31:09 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
deja vu

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline The DarkPassenger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

So now I hear that the NBA is trying to bring the trade talks back to life but not sure the LAC are interested after claiming Chauncey Billups off waivers, but they can rescind the offer I assume. 
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Red Auerbach

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:45 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

So now I hear that the NBA is trying to bring the trade talks back to life but not sure the LAC are interested after claiming Chauncey Billups off waivers, but they can rescind the offer I assume. 

LOL why the hell would you rescind paying 2 million dollars for Chauncy Billups! It's like getting a playstation 3 for twenty bucks, and then returning it. Clippers Front Office already said they're moving on - This is a ploy by the NBA to get other teams involved.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »

• Jaylen Brown

LOL why the hell would you rescind paying 2 million dollars for Chauncy Billups! It's like getting a playstation 3 for twenty bucks, and then returning it. Clippers Front Office already said they're moving on - This is a ploy by the NBA to get other teams involved.

well I said they can rescind the offer. Meaning if they wanted to, they most likely wouldn't but if Billups is going to be a distraction then maybe they take the claim off the table.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." - Michael Jordan

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
And, here we go again. Clips-New Orleans trade talk for Chris Paul up and running again, source confirms.

- Sam Amick
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

• Jaylen Brown
Forget about CP3, how about this, probably old news but new to me.

The Dallas Mavericks have been making calls to seek interest in unloading the contracts for Rudy Fernandez and Corey Brewer, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AjtDkbNw28yTH.MpbNRHhFK8vLYF?slug=ys-free_agent_buzz_121211

Interesting, might not be possible for the Celtics to land but never know.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Good god, this thing has gotten old fast. I honestly don't care where he's traded to, just get the deal done Stern!