Author Topic: Could we do a 3-team deal Clips-N.O.-Bos?  (Read 1469 times)

Could we do a 3-team deal Clips-N.O.-Bos?
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:35 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
If we would do a 3 team deal including all 3 teams maybe we could pull this off.

Celtics receives: Chris Paul

Hornets receives: Eric Gordon,Farouq-Aminu, Eric Bledsoe & Chris Kaman No picks!

Clippers receives: Rajon Rondo,Marco Bellinelli & Jeff Green. The Celtics(Clippers)1st rounder.

And Jermaine O'Neal(who would be a throw in to either N.O. or L.A. but would be immediately waived & sign back with the C's in 30 days)

Re: Could we do a 3-team deal Clips-N.O.-Bos
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We can't trade Green until months from what I understand
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Re: Could we do a 3-team deal Clips-N.O.-Bos
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We can't trade Green until months from what I understand

And the waive-and-resign move is also prohibited now.  Earliest JO could resign with us would be July 1st (and on a new contract).

And the Hornets are receiving less for Paul in this scenario than they're currently turning down. 

Re: Could we do a 3-team deal Clips-N.O.-Bos?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
can't trade green, can't have a team waive JO and then sign him back in 30 days.

i really don't think the clips would be interested in giving up all the assets they need to give up to make the hornets trade chris paul just so they can get rajon rondo, even if rondo is guaranteed to stay there for longer.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:15:33 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
But do you think the clippers would like that deal? gives them a superstar PG back & fill the 3 spot with Green & stop gaps the SG until filled in the draft. New Orleans would get everything they wanted and so would the C's.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »

Offline pjbigshow

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
If we would do a 3 team deal including all 3 teams maybe we could pull this off.

Celtics receives: Chris Paul

Hornets receives: Eric Gordon,Farouq-Aminu, Eric Bledsoe & Chris Kaman No picks!

Clippers receives: Rajon Rondo,Marco Bellinelli & Jeff Green. The Celtics(Clippers)1st rounder.

And Jermaine O'Neal(who would be a throw in to either N.O. or L.A. but would be immediately waived & sign back with the C's in 30 days)

None of this works and u can't trade someone away and sign them back anymore. New CBA killed that one
I have 17 reasons why my team is better than yours...

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Oh ok I didnt realize that was prohibited now. Take Jermaine out of the equation, could it be worked around and still get a viable center is the question?

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:19:10 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
But do you think the clippers would like that deal? gives them a superstar PG back & fill the 3 spot with Green & stop gaps the SG until filled in the draft. New Orleans would get everything they wanted and so would the C's.

if there's one thing we've learned for sure in the past week, it's that no NBA executive considers Rondo a superstar, especially not DA.  it seems like demps, at least, doesn't even consider Rondo a true star.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers